N-Europe

Wii U VC

madeinbeats

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition will arrive on Nintendo eShop on 29th October and will have a 25% discount until 5th November.

Oh snap!! 3rd party Wii games outside Japan at last!

Will definately cop this one! Off TV play is a very nice bonus with this one (it supports the classic controller, meaning that you'll be able to control it with the Gamepad's buttons/sticks)

Of course, the Wiimote & Chuck controls are infinitely better, but even then there will be a nice improvement to the loading times regardless :)

Now that the floodgates are open, lets get Trauma Team released in Europe already! Japan has it right now, come on Atlus!! It's a crime that Europe never got it originally! It's one of the best games that the Wii ever got and it's completely unavailable in Europe!

So that'll be £13.49 then?

I am tempted... because I love the control scheme of the Wii Version - Wii games on the Wii U eShop are still not VC titles though - :indeed: but then again I should have a new graphics card for my PC soon which will mean I can hopefully finally run Resident Evil 4 HD which I purchased over a year ago for £14.99. :blank:

If only there was a way to combine the two versions, it would be the definitive release of Resident Evil 4... as it stands, it remains a trade-off. :hmm:

Yeah, it's a shame that we can't have a HD version on Wii U that features the Wii Remote controls, but I'd still rather play the Wii version regardless. That being said, even if you want to play the game with the traditional controls, this re-release is still worth considering since you'll get Off TV play with this one ;)

Edited by Dcubed

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only Resident Evil this week it seems

Huh, that's disappointing. You'd think that they'd have something else for Halloween as well, like Project Zero 2 Wii Edition, or some of the HOTD games on Wii, or some of the other Wii Resident Evils as well...

Well I guess they have Project Zero 5 this week as well, so they probably don't want too much out there to compete with it :heh:

Still, will gladly cop RE4 yet again though. Will be nice to play it in bed on my Gamepad with the lights off :yay:

Edited by Dcubed

Will definately cop this one! Off TV play is a very nice bonus with this one (it supports the classic controller, meaning that you'll be able to control it with the Gamepad's buttons/sticks)

Are there many other Wii games on the VC that allow for this?

All Wii games which originally supported the Classic Controller should have this feature. :)

Although I think all digital Wii games at the very least allow for off-TV play.

Like S.C.G said, anything that originally supported the Classic Controller can be played with the Gamepad acting as the Classic Controller, enabling you to play Off TV using the Gamepad's buttons/sticks.

So at the moment, there are three downloadable Wii games that support proper Off TV Play (soon to be four with RE4). These are Xenoblade, Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Skies and Pandora's Tower.

You know what's funny though? Remember the Wii re-releases of Resident Evil 1 GCN and Resident Evil Zero? Remember how everyone said that these re-releases were completely pointless since they added nothing new and the GCN versions could be played on the Wii anyway? Well ironically they now have a point, because they originally supported the Classic Controller! Meaning that when they get re-released on the Wii U eShop, they'll be playable Off TV ;)

Oh crap... Disregard what I said about Off TV play working with RE4 Wii, it doesn't.

I completely forgot that the game stupidly requires you to connect a Nunchuck to the remote before the title screen appears. Because of that, they have not added in Off TV Play for its Wii U eShop re-release (if they did, you'd end up being stuck at the "Connect the Nunchuck" screen because you can't change controllers in-game when you play Wii games Off TV).

junctions%20Screenshot%202015-10-31%2012-06-57_zpse4etoq78.png

(screw you Nunchuck Screen!)

A real shame that they couldn't just remove that stupid screen, because that's the only barrier that stands in the way of it working :(

That being said, the loading time improvement is very nice. It's so fast that the loading screen doesn't even appear at all anymore! It's so fast that it doesn't even have time to say "loading" at all! :D

Definately the version of choice for Speedrunners ;)

Edited by Dcubed

Oh @Dcubed... No "Nunchuk is required" joke?

I am disappoint...

Good thing I didn't buy this for the Off-TV play then.

(Those loading times! Those controls! YES!)

Well... This Game Uses The Nunchuk, but I can't say that Nunchuk is Required because you can still use the Classic Controller with RE4 Wii ;)

Contra Advance The Alien Wars Ex – €6.99 / £6.29

Medabots AX: Metabee Version – €6.99 / £6.29

Medabots AX: Rokusho Version – €6.99 / £6.29

Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team: Colonel – €6.99 / £6.29

Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team: Protoman – €6.99 / £6.29

Nice week. Good to have a good few lower profile titles at once.

Contra Advance isn't really a great port though. It replaces the overhead levels with two levels from Hard Corps (kind of similar to SGN'G Advance's arrange mode - but that didn't remove anything) but there's so much missing (you can't even hold more than one weapon at a time!) that I can't recommend it (and the music sounds just horrible!). Also it's obviously going to lack the two player co-op mode here on the VC.

SGN'G Advance was great because it was a quality port that kept everything from the original and added stuff on top of that, but Contra Advance? Nah.

Edited by Dcubed

N-Europe Presents

An S.C.G Production

VC Weekly

content-4-34499-9.jpg

Introducing...

22hjzs.jpg

Two guest reviews from Dcubed

Mario Golf

Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures

Dig Dug II

Pocky & Rocky with Becky

Plus my usual nonsense as well! :heh:

Enjoy!

: peace:

Soooo... @Dcubed...

How long were you planning on keeping that a secret from me?

I would have loved to write some reviews for the site, but lack of constant Internet access would have made me unreliable. So I decided against it.

Congrats!

Well the green name was sort of a dead giveaway, you've only got yourself to blame :p

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!