NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

I've not been warned about anything, I was asked to calm things and stop poking you with a stick, which I did. But the comments about being "disgusted" with the Shovel Knight devs for daring to put on such a massive discount of 4 quid are very hard to ignore. Stop acting like they wronged you personally because you had the misfortune of recently buying a 2 month old game.

Really? You can't be serious, I always thought the whole world not just the gaming world revolved around me. How many times have you said this as well? Give it a rest. It's a completely stupid statement to make and obviously not true.

If you stopped being such a drama queen and didn't post like Nintendo and the gaming world at large need to focus their efforts on pleasing you and only you and I will stop going on about it. What's obviously not true?

Shovel Knight isn't out 2 months yet.

Oh I'm sorry, 2 months minus 5 days. That obviously changes everything.

Nice to see that we are off to peaceful start to the year. :D

You guys should make resolutions to either ignore each other via the button or just not get bothered by what each other say. It would certainly make for a more pleasant experience around these parts. : peace:

@Ronnie it's best to just ignore it.

Yes @Wii is overdramatic, sometimes overly negative, but really what does it matter, just gloss over the post.

You need to add him to your ignore list because you don't enjoy his posts and so what will you be missing by doing so, other than being able to take part in these little spats between the two of you.

Sorry guys I will again do my best to keep quiet and ignore. HNY and all that.

Demon's Crest AND Axelay!? :o

HOLY!!!

fireworks.gif

Over 8 years I have waited for Demon's Crest to come to the VC since it first started. It has always been my number 1 most wanted NES/SNES/N64 Capcom game and now it's finally here! :D

And not only that, but it also comes with the best shmup that never got released on the EU Wii VC in the same week too! (it came out on the U.S. and, bizzarely enough, the AUS region VC services but never Europe :confused:)

Man! Now that's the kind of week that can get a guy excited!! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Quite tempted to get Axelay (having not played it since the early '90s) that game was pretty awesome if I recall correctly. The soundtrack definitely was, I've had this in my head for over 20 years now:

That has to be one of the coolest opening tracks to a game ever. :awesome:

Goddammit Konami... Why can't you be good again? :cry::(

DK King of Swing and DKjr Math this week!

Hmm... Metroid Prime Trilogy comes out next week as a Wii Download. I wonder what game in the Metroid series has yet to be released on the VC... ;)

DK King of Swing and DKjr Math this week?

Hmm... Metroid Prime Trilogy comes out next week. I wonder what game in the Metroid series has yet to be released on the VC... ;)

Metroid Prime Pinball! First DS title to purchase :p

Metroid Prime Pinball! First DS title to purchase :p

Heh, you joke, but I would actually be really happy to see that happen! I love that game! And it so desperately needs suspend saves!! How on earth they made a pinball game with no in-game way to suspend play is simply beyond me - It's a fantastic game, but it so very badly needs a way to save a game in progress! I would totally buy it on the VC just for that feature! :D

King of the Swing! Missed that first time round and always wanted to play it.

King of the Swing! Missed that first time round and always wanted to play it.

Same. Always wanted to give it a try. Pretty novel concept that looks fun (even if I'm not a fan of the art style or the general presentation)

Edited by Dcubed

What about Metroid Prime Hunters? A possibility surely.

They won't do DS game surely. Are there any Metroid games left?!

Metroid Zero Mission

And they are doing DS games. We know this :p

Metroid Zero Mission

And they are doing DS games. We know this :p

They announced it, gave us one and then nothing. They also announced N64 and zilch. DS games will probably come, but they won't just release it out of the blue next week. It'll be in a direct or something.

Zero Mission it is then!

And yeah, that chart is fan made.

Pretty sure that chart is fan made.

It's also wrong. The GCN controller is supported by all Wii VC games and there's nothing wrong with the emulation on Wii outside of a few minor glitches with the emulation on some N64 games (it uses HLE and is based on the one used on the GCN for the OoT/MQ and Zelda Collector's Edition discs - it's very feature light, lacking things like Suspend Saves, support for the Rumble Pak/Memory Pak etc and has a few minor visual and sound glitches in a few games - it's also probably being completely re-written from scratch for Wii U, which would explain why it's taking so long to surface here) and a horrible & unfortunate blur filter used on most TG16 games - thankfully Castlevania Rondo of Blood is the one major exception that had the filter removed! :yay:

It even supports true 240p output via RGB Scart/Composite in addition to 480p via Component! (except N64, since obviously all games are re-rendered in 480p) - Mind you though, the NeoGeo VC doesn't support 480p output, only 480i or 240p, but that's a minor nitpick really (as well as the unfortunate lack of support for Suspend Saves, just like with N64); it's still by far the best way to play NeoGeo games to date though!

Otherwise, yup, it's a pretty good chart :)

Edited by Dcubed

Heh, you joke, but I would actually be really happy to see that happen! I love that game! And it so desperately needs suspend saves!! How on earth they made a pinball game with no in-game way to suspend play is simply beyond me - It's a fantastic game, but it so very badly needs a way to save a game in progress! I would totally buy it on the VC just for that feature! :D

Yep, good pinball game, and I actually managed to beat the Metroid Prime in that before I did in its own game.

The Virtual console banner has been removed from the eShop since the introduction of the Wii games.

B73sh41CQAABJ-Q.png:large

Now we know why the Virtual console trademark was recently cancelled.

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=77014165&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

Here's a story reporting it 10 days ago.

NEWS: NINTENDO ABANDONS VIRTUAL CONSOLE TRADEMARK

Nintendo games consoles date back over 20 years and have a rich library of games that still warrant a place in today’s gaming culture.

Hence, the Virtual Console was born. For those not in the know, the Virtual Console allows players to enjoy some classic games from Nintendo’s historical collection on their newer consoles – it’s a damn sight easier than setting up the SNES every other day, or carrying around an original GameBoy, GameBoy Color and a New Nintendo 3DS.

However, Nintendo of America has abandoned the trademark for the Virtual Console, with the official documents stating “registration cancelled because registrant did not file an acceptable declaration under Section 8.”

Before you run away in a panic, don’t worry – you’re Virtual Console games are still safe.

It’s unclear what this actually means for the Nintendo service, but one of The Games Cabin’s behind-the-scenes chimps is chasing it up with Nintendo and we’ll update you when more is known.

As said earlier, your games are safe so don’t panic. Still, might be worth digging out the retro collection from the attic, just in case.

http://www.thegamescabin.com/news-nintendo-abandons-virtual-console-trademark/

Not a great idea, in my opinion. I like having the distinction between emulated games from past consoles and games made specifically for eShop, or direct DSi Ware/Wii retail games. For one thing, if it said "Virtual Console" you knew it would have all the features like Restore Points.

Virtual Console is still in use on the Wii U and the 3DS. It's just, for that one section on their main page, they're including Wii games and the Wii games are not Virtual Console releases so they had to reword it.

Also note that they let the VirtualConsole trademark drop, not the Virtual Console one which is still in effect