N-Europe

Nintendo Exp-element Mafia

DuD

I've just read through the whole day phase. Has nobody actually considered that Yvonne's telling the truth about not being able to target Sheikah, but that the power only affected certain people? The star may not affect characters from the game Rummy is from, for example, but may affect players from Yvonne's game, or something. Why are we just assuming that if one person couldn't reach someone it automatically means somebody is lying? I find this part of Sheikah's arguments suspicious, I feel like he's shit stirring and trying to imply people are lying when there are other explanations.

I find two double votes interesting, at least if we're working off a multiple mafia idea. Might be worth getting everyone to vote for themselves to see how many we have?

Not really sure about the roleblocker info, but from reading through the day (and based on no 'evidence' apart from my own gut feelings from posts) there are a few people I suspect. I won't say who as they are purely based on hunches that I feel I should explore a little more before derailing a day with arguments (why do you think I'm suspicious, well shut up because I find you suspicious too, why are you accusing me, I'm just posting, you're being stupid and I hate you Vote Nintendohnut etc.)

This post has been a pretty random stream of consciousness. Sorry.

See, now you're following it a bit more sensibly too. The response by Sheikah IS suspicious; his behaviour is all fairly mafia-esque - why not lay a vote before the day is out? I'm not saying do it now, but we get absolutely nowhere without it.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you talking about, Yvonne is irrelevant?

I assume you targeted me to get your information, yes? Which we know you got.

Yvonne says I was untargetable.

How can you not see the glaring contradiction?

Oh my god.

Yvonne DIDN’T say you were untargetable. Yvonne said he couldn't reach you. Rummy could reach you. Stop assuming that means someone is lying!

What flavour do you have in your role, Sheikah? I'm trying to see a way to adequately explain why DK would drug someone rather than smash their face in as a roleblocking tactic.

Only one way to find out, go on - vote for yourself!

Oh, not willing to lay yourself down? Of course.

'town is fucking town' what a load of bullshit in a mafia game. Weak bullshit at that.

Wow, way to push a lynch.

I haven't seen you play this aggressively ever. Really. Even though your info is legit, there's no reason for me to think you're not pushing so hard for scummy reasons.

Yeah, I'm pushing for scummy reasons. They're all you!

My behaviout is also irrelevant. Let me remind you how accurate I've been, and how much else I've said is irrelevant.

Btw did I mention? DuD isn't actually running this game, he's under my control! I'm the GM! I'm town mafia and neutral all rolled into one! You can pull your 'town is town' bullshit and throw a fucking in there for extra effect; it doesn't change any of the events of the day; it doesn't change your alignment; and it doesn't exonerate you from dodging my, may I remind you, very accurate questions all day.

Now...why was that, again? Ah, yes! I've found it...classic mafia tactic, I understand? Classic mafia tactic.

I almost can't wait for people to find out my alignment one way or another

Not pushing a lynch, merely pushing your own wishes!

Oh my god.

Yvonne DIDN’T say you were untargetable. Yvonne said he couldn't reach you. Rummy could reach you. Stop assuming that means someone is lying!

What flavour do you have in your role, Sheikah? I'm trying to see a way to adequately explain why DK would drug someone rather than smash their face in as a roleblocking tactic.

Being untargetable is scummy.

Read or GTFO. Seriously. Your contribution to this game has had less worth than a piss stain in all honesty, to think you can lecture is frankly a joke. :p

Yeah, I'm pushing for scummy reasons. They're all you!

My behaviout is also irrelevant. Let me remind you how accurate I've been, and how much else I've said is irrelevant.

Btw did I mention? DuD isn't actually running this game, he's under my control! I'm the GM! I'm town mafia and neutral all rolled into one! You can pull your 'town is town' bullshit and throw a fucking in there for extra effect; it doesn't change any of the events of the day; it doesn't change your alignment; and it doesn't exonerate you from dodging my, may I remind you, very accurate questions all day.

Now...why was that, again? Ah, yes! I've found it...classic mafia tactic, I understand? Classic mafia tactic.

Not pushing a lynch, merely pushing your own wishes!

Yep, classic Mafia tactic, you got me. Wow, I've been so had. Can't believe you saw through me in all honesty.

Read or GTFO. Seriously. Your contribution to this game has had less worth than a piss stain in all honesty, to think you can lecture is frankly a joke. :p

Dude, putting a smiley at the end of a post doesn't stop it being insulting. There's no need to a dick :nono:

Seriously. I just can't even begin to understand what made you think saying something like that in a game like this was okay.

Im actually a person. I know it looks like I'm nothing because its on a computer but when you say something like I actually have to sit here at my computer and read it and feel like shit because you didn't even consider what I would think.

Quite frankly if you're going to get this insulting about a game then I'd rather not play, and I never thought I'd say that about mafia games. I'm not even going to vote for you because then you'll make out I'm taking advantage of the situation or something.

I want to be clear, however: you have been incredibly rude to me, and I am absolutely not okay with it.

It's ok, you didn't make it very difficult tbh.

Let's recap; Sheikah did something scummy last night and did not admit it. The victim came forward early, and more importantly a witness of sorts in myself came forward - giving him ample(more so, even) opportunity to admit it, making him fully aware that I wasn't bluffing - but he would not commit? Now, question is, why not? Becuase mafia don't want to be caught out committing to a lie - town however are fine to commit to admitting their actions, or their targets, or why they're untargetable by somebody. Of the three I only asked him for once - he gave NOTHING. That's mafia avoiding any sort of pin.

I'll pop a @Diageo in here; as I know he asked what I had to say earlier yet the thread has run on. Additionally I did see him lurking a while back without posting, though that could be understandable if it's in passing.

Dude, putting a smiley at the end of a post doesn't stop it being insulting. There's no need to a dick :nono:

Seriously. I just can't even begin to understand what made you think saying something like that in a game like this was okay.

Fine, it was a bit harsh. I'm just a bit cranky right now. But in essence you hadn't read the topic and were trying to lecture me in a way I found condescending, and in its own way insulting.

Anyway, you can see Yvonne had said it, and that was my basic point. I'm rather annoyed already by the back and forth of this, rather like the last game, it's just fucking relentless and unlucky this game that I happened to be targeted by someone who clearly wants blood/lynch/whatevs.

What? No, what I wanted was for some HONESTY to the TOWN from a supposed town. What I got was nothing, if I wanted blood I'd have outed you off the fucking bat. I gave you so much fucking chance, don't put this on me like some fucking vendetta/lynch/whatevs. This is all down to YOUR behaviour in response to what I would say is my very FAIR chances for you.

Behaviour is everything, like Rummy said.

Vote: Sheikah

You were also the one with the bananas all along! Will the game be less bananas without DK? Let's find out!

Really? I didn't get that from him.

His behavior is irrelevant at least, can't mine be too? :)

Yeah, it'll be a sad place without bananas.

Out of context, made in response to a post made by you a few earlier.

It isn't, you clearly said your behaviour is irrelevant. In no circumstance is behaviour ever irrelevant, to anything in this game.

@Rummy how confident are you in your Mafia sussing abilities? I'm just milking this moment.

Im actually a person. I know it looks like I'm nothing because its on a computer but when you say something like I actually have to sit here at my computer and read it and feel like shit because you didn't even consider what I would think.

Quite frankly if you're going to get this insulting about a game then I'd rather not play, and I never thought I'd say that about mafia games. I'm not even going to vote for you because then you'll make out I'm taking advantage of the situation or something.

I want to be clear, however: you have been incredibly rude to me, and I am absolutely not okay with it.

In which case I apologies sincerely. I never meant to offend, it was a knee jerk response at being accused of something and I'm sorry. Since I know I'm town having to deal with hordes of people accusing me of being Mafia/scumlike when I'm not is pretty tiring. It just came at a bad time.

Anyway given @Rummy's conviction he's very likely Mafia I think. Yvonne is worth checking out. Hero put a pretty dodgy vote down before, but it could have been he hadn't read properly.

Fine, it was a bit harsh. I'm just a bit cranky right now. But in essence you hadn't read the topic and were trying to lecture me in a way I found condescending, and in its own way insulting.

Anyway, you can see Yvonne had said it, and that was my basic point. I'm rather annoyed already by the back and forth of this, rather like the last game, it's just fucking relentless and unlucky this game that I happened to be targeted by someone who clearly wants blood/lynch/whatevs.

Can't even muster a 'sorry' :hmm:

I have read the thread, as I clearly stated in my original post. Yvonne's information at the start of the day said that he couldn't reach you. He made no mention of others, and simply said when he tried to get near you you had turned into a star.

What he did NOT say was the he had received information saying you were untargetable.

The post you quoted SPECIFCALLY refers to his own inability to target you, not your general untargetablilty. So while technically said words along the lines of 'you were untargetable', the implied meaning was '...by me'. Yes you found a post that said it, but you haven't taken the context of his other posts into account.

I'm trying to lay this out in simple terms so you understand. Yvonne couldn't target you. You were untargetable BY YVONNE. That doesn't mean you were untargetable by everyone, and it also doesn't immediately mean someone is lying.

This is how you make a point politely. Maybe try to post like this in future, rather than letting your feelings come into it and insulting people. It would be very much appreciated by myself, and probably a large proportion of the other players in the game.

Also please try and remember at all times that its a game on the Internet, and that we are all actual people. Do as you would be done by and all that jazz.

I take the first sentence of the last post back. Thanks for apologizing, it's appreciated.

Mafia sussing? None of this was me. It was all you. That's the most beautiful irony of it.

Hehe, sure. Because all townies react one way to a situation, and all Mafia another way. Because people are so easy to work out, that's why town always wins!

Everyone should confess their role, target choice and night activities upon being told 'confess, I know what you did.'

I'm so glad you cleared that up. I has been really confused up til now.

My conviction was simple; everything I've said was true. That does not make me mafia, that does not make me town. All I'm saying is that what I had said is true, and my conviction was strong because of it. I didn't use the 100% term lightly earlier. My role was unusual, but it came in handy.

I am at least 51% suspicious of Sheikah, so Vote Sheikah.

At the absolute least we can move onto something new.

Rummy lynch. ;)

There's no way a townie drives a wrong lynch this hard. It's a shame Magnus because, unless you're playing a really artful game as a Mafioso (which I would seriously credit at the end), I had you down as someone pretty good at sussing me, like the last game.

Can't even muster a 'sorry' :hmm:

I have read the thread, as I clearly stated in my original post. Yvonne's information at the start of the day said that he couldn't reach you. He made no mention of others, and simply said when he tried to get near you you had turned into a star.

What he did NOT say was the he had received information saying you were untargetable.

The post you quoted SPECIFCALLY refers to his own inability to target you, not your general untargetablilty. So while technically said words along the lines of 'you were untargetable', the implied meaning was '...by me'. Yes you found a post that said it, but you haven't taken the context of his other posts into account.

I'm trying to lay this out in simple terms so you understand. Yvonne couldn't target you. You were untargetable BY YVONNE. That doesn't mean you were untargetable by everyone, and it also doesn't immediately mean someone is lying.

This is how you make a point politely. Maybe try to post like this in future, rather than letting your feelings come into it and insulting people. It would be very much appreciated by myself, and probably a large proportion of the other players in the game.

Also please try and remember at all times that its a game on the Internet, and that we are all actual people. Do as you would be done by and all that jazz.

I take the first sentence of the last post back. Thanks for apologizing, it's appreciated.

I will say though, Rummy has been really quite insulting throughout a lot of the game (and at the end of the last game), and not once has apologised.

I did also comment that Yvonne could have been stopped while Rummy wasn't before you picked up on this, a few posts back. While it's a possibility, I would still term this a potential contradiction until it was further investigated.

Hehe, sure. Because all townies react one way to a situation, and all Mafia another way. Because people are so easy to work out, that's why town always wins!

Everyone should confess their role, target choice and night activities upon being told 'confess, I know what you did.'

I'm so glad you cleared that up. I has been really confused up til now.

Not all townies, but I'm sure you consider yourself the more optimum of most. If that's the case, I'd expect you to play...well, as a town. You didn't really, and that's what's netted you the votes so far. I don't make mafia game decisions on my own, I play with the team and leave it up to them. I've presented my case and left it up to everyone else, with no lies; don't blame me for that. I didn't push the hand of anyone else to vote for you; you did. I repeat that I gave you ample opportunity to came forward on your own terms; you refused. It was your choice, and it's your potential grave too. As you've seen before, one cannot secure a lynch all by himself.