N-Europe

The Mass Effect Mafia (Game Thread)

Jimbob

But all it would take is someone to vote and the mafia could all jump and win on the spot. Don't act like the mafia aren't close to winning.

Yvonne seems to be claiming reverse tracker while Dedede is a straight tracker, that's not unusual at all. As for last night, Yvonne clearly said he knows anyone who targeted himself ended up at Jon Dedede so it doesn't matter if Sheikah was untargetable or not - something Sheikah either missed or just completely ignored. @Yvonne what exactly is your power?

I'm still waiting to be swayed by either side really. I have no reason to distrust Jon Dedede's claim.

People are disbelieving of two trackers (something which is really common in our games) but have no problem believing two non-mafia double voters and two alignment investigators.

I hope most people see this post quite as the sort of lukewarm support I've come to expect from the Mafia. Not outright support for Yvonne, which would be pretty suicidal for the Mafia to do, but certainly not against Yvonne. Take this together with Peeps having taken part in the speed lynch as well as him having a double vote and it's fairly unsurprising which side he's falling on.

Anyway like I said, I will happily vote myself and urge everyone to vote for me tomorrow and not anyone else if Yvonne wasn't Mafia today.

Yvonne is Mafia, I know this, and what Yvonne was saying about Jon Dedede was revealed funnily enough the second Yvonne was accused of being Mafia himself. This to me is clearly self-preservation and I don't believe it for a second.

@Cube as you are a double voter you must realise it's probably unlikely both you and Peeps are Mafia. And Peeps is anti-Yvonne lynch.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on, I recall that now. Remove Vote. @Sheikah, who did you try to target last night?

Tbh, I'm more in Peeps' favour than anyone else. He's been rather forthcoming with various bits of information, and his story about me last night checks out with Magnus's information and my own flavour. I will not for a second condemn his as mafia, I think rather he's a cautious double voter.

@Cube as you are a double voter you must realise it's probably unlikely both you and Peeps are Mafia. And Peeps is anti-Yvonne lynch.

Are you saying that due to this, I should be lynching him?

It personally sounds like there could be some misunderstandings about the current situation.

I targeted Yvonne, someone tried to send me to Dedede, but in the end I still got the alignment on Yvonne.

Cube I'm saying that Peeps is probably Mafia too, but to vote for him today would split the vote. He's supporting Yvonne too which to me triggers alarm bells.

Well, I would say it's likely that either you or Peeps is Mafia (something Peeps himself has said often hinself) and I hope it isn't you. Peeps, I would be frankly furious if you were town and haven't deduced that Yvonne isn't Mafia even without my result, as I know you're better than that, which is why I'm leaning to Cube being non-Mafia right now.

Ah, that's how I thought it went. I'll Vote:Yvonne. I still think Peeps is town, and I'm curious about Cube and whether he might need/want to kill me. I'm coming round to DuD...a little. I'm certain Ganepark will turn up mafia, but I doubt there'll be time to get lynch off on him.

and I'm curious about Cube and whether he might need/want to kill me.

I just need to pass on information to you. I think it's simply so I have an objective rather than simply winning with either side without needing to do a thing. I didn't actually get the condition until I asked Jimbob to clarify my win condition.

Also, I know I said I would vote if asked, but as there are still lots of questions revise that to "If asked, I will vote near the end of the day of if there is little discussion happening."

So Sheikah you think everyone who voted for Aqui1a except Cube, is mafia? Seems legit.

Obviously you've got your own information so it's black and white for you who you're voting for. I don't have that luxury. I have to vote based on my suspicions of others and you've done nothing to gain my trust. The only thing I know for certain is that I'm town and I have a double vote, this makes me incredibly distrustful of Cube and I have stated that a lot.

Instead of accusing me of being mafia, how about you try and convince me. I have sound reasoning which you're brushing away with 'oh well you're mafia so you would say that'. You're doing nothing to win me over.

I mean Peeps could be town, it's just that I don't particularly think I deserve the lack of faith that he's been showing to me, and he did take part in the lynch with his double vote (as did Cube, but he initiated which to me suggests he was less likely to be in on a speed lynch). I didn't approve of yesterday's lynch (yes, some Mafia don't vote deliberately to look innocent, but the behaviour of people who did lynch I think tells us a lot more). Yesterday my distrust of Yvonne was pretty clear, which led me to target him, which is why I have my verdict. I don't think the situation is all that difficult.

Obviously in terms of double voters I don't want to piss off the 'non-Mafia one' as their vote will probably be crucial in securing Yvonne's lynch. We can all probably agree that both Cube and Peeps aren't both going to be Mafia for the sake of balance. So whichever one of you isn't, I would really appreciate the support on this lynch and guarantee that if Yvonne turned out not to be Mafia, the next day I will use size 7 for the sake of attention-grabbing to urge everyone to vote for me quicker than Usain Bolt with jet booster footwear.

Bit hectic at uni at the moment (you have no idea how boring it is to have to read through 20+ page social psychology journals) so just now trying to catch up on what has all been said.

I did indeed target DuD last night, but got nothing from it. Not even from my passive power. Not entirely sure what that means as I should be able to get hold of the information pertaining to who DuD targeted but didn't. Could relate to his power or his alignment or that his target wasn't reachable.

Not really sure but does seem a little suspect, though. What is your role anyway, @DuD? You said that you mentioned it in passing during the last day phase and that I should have known it would have been pointless to target you but I honestly don't remember seeing such info. Could possibly have zoned on it if you did.

I still think the double vote thing is still suspect. As I mentioned on Day 1, would there really be neutrals in this game when we only have 12 players? Possibly but as I said, I haven't played a Mafia game in over a year so I'm genuinely asking whether we would have neutrals for what is sort of a small game. And if so, would there really be a need for a double voter to be of such alignment?

So Sheikah you think everyone who voted for Aqui1a except Cube, is mafia? Seems legit.

Obviously you've got your own information so it's black and white for you who you're voting for. I don't have that luxury. I have to vote based on my suspicions of others and you've done nothing to gain my trust. The only thing I know for certain is that I'm town and I have a double vote, this makes me incredibly distrustful of Cube and I have stated that a lot.

Instead of accusing me of being mafia, how about you try and convince me. I have sound reasoning which you're brushing away with 'oh well you're mafia so you would say that'. You're doing nothing to win me over.

Fair enough, I'm probably going over past comments but I will try to summarise my own reasons for voting Yvonne, and why I want you to vote for him:

- I have a guilty verdict on him. Pretty self-explanatory.

- No one has come forward to say they have evidence that I can't do what I've claimed to do - ie. no one has disputed my role, my protection against manipulation (more on this later) or even my character. Not really a huge plus point, but at least shows that no one should yet have huge reason to question the things I'm saying.

- After accusing Yvonne of being Mafia with my verdict, Yvonne backs up Dedede as having the exact same information which coincidentally helps exonerate himself. Statistically speaking, it's unlikely he will have the exact role required to exonerate himself, as well as having targeted the exact right person that night. Not impossible, no, just really quite unlikely that the exact combination aligned in his favour, and not only that, the exonerating knowledge surfaced almost the moment after he was accused. Contrast this to me where my vote for Yvonne couldn't be construed as any sort of retaliation, and it was also likely from the way I spoke the previous day that I was actually going to target Yvonne.

- At no point has Yvonne interjected to state he didn't target me, contrary to what was being understood. In fact at one point he quoted my post where I stated he was lying about having reached me saying they were valid arguments except for the correcting Jimbob. If I hadn't targeted someone who was untargetable and I was being accused of it as part of a prosecution, I would argue it.

- Yvonne went from being quite reserved from voting Cube yesterday to voting Aqui1a with, let's admit, not very much evidence on him and he wasn't really inactive for that long. Not only this, the vote from Yvonne came in very, very quickly as part of what was almost certainly a lynch train, with absolutely no justification in the post, which to me seemed like someone in a rush to put a vote down. He apparently had no knowledge/suspicion that it was a lynch train up until the point in which Jimbob dropped the hammer, which I simply don't believe.

- I know someone tried to send me to Dedede, but in the end I still got my verdict on Yvonne. This is literally all I can say on the matter as it's up to Jimbob what he chooses to put in people's writeups. I just know that as a Spectre I am able to bypass certain negative effects.

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

No-one else has claimed investigator, have they? If so, there's no reason not to follow Sheikah's info, and if it's wrong, we question it tomorrow.

It shouldn't be this much harder to lynch on solid information compared to a lynch train coming from an unlikely theory on day 2.

Right, this has took ages thanks to random interjections from Bex...

I've sifted through seemingly baseless accusations to pick out proper claims.

Claimed/Known Powers - info is from my perspective.

DuD - Commuter unrevealed power

Sheikah - Uninterferable Alignment Investigator

Dedede - Tracker.. hints at getting extra info maybe?

Cube - 3rd Party Power Cop double vote. neutral. claims dedede is power reflector.

Peeps - Protector (not Kills)

Gane - Roleblocker + extra info

dohnut - Kill Protector

Rummy - unrevealed power

Magnus - unrevealed power

Yvonne - Tracker

Aqui1a - 3rd party Alignment investigator

Mr P - unrevealed power

With a 12 player start (so 7 Majority), I think we're either looking for a 4 man mafia OR a 3 man team with a double vote. So basically i think its very possible for Cube to be Neutral. Its not certain. But certainly possible.

Last nights happenings minus the baseless accusations, arguments and bullshit...

Mr p couldn't target yvonne.. talked about illusive man (roleblocked?)

Shiekah claims to be an immune to negative effects alignment investigator, and says that he was protected. Says Yvonne is SCUM.

Cube targetted Gane and DuD.

Dedede says Sheikah targetted him and failed because Dedede wasn't targetable.

Peeps protected Rummy.

Yvonne says Sheikah targetted DeDeDe.

Rummy says Sheikah was untargetable last night.

Yvonne says that anyone targetted him ended up at DeDeDe.

DeDeDe says writeup corroborates what he is saying

DuD confirms ganepark roleblocks.

Magnus found Peeps and Rummy together in purgatory talking weapons.

The write up...

The night went on, various people ended up in Purgatory. A conversation on calibrating weaponry was heard, and many drinks were drank. Somebody spent the night sitting in a room waiting for someone who never showed. A few notes were passed around giving some information, but nothing much happened last night. A conversation about the late Illusive Man was heard, and the Normandy was prepped for launch.

I've tried to colour what i think (from what people are saying) goes together.

So my conclusions are...

DeDeDe's info seems good to me, which suggests that what Sheikah is saying isn't right.

Sheikah's info doesn't add up...

He claims to be an undeterable alignment investigator (very overpowered imo) when theres already been an alignment investigator confirmed.

He claims to have been protected last night, yet Dohnut is dead and Peeps protected Rummy.

Yvonne, you've claimed tracker yet you then say you know anyone targetting you ended up at DeDeDe?

This would fit DeDeDe's info, but how would you know this as a tracker? What is your power

Also Rummy says Sheikah was untargetable last night, however...

Last night

DuD - unable to do anything

Sheikah - targetted Yvonne

Dedede - targetted Sheikah

Cube - Targetted Gane and DuD

Peeps - targetted Rummy

Gane - targetted DuD

Rummy - targetted Sheikah

Magnus - targetted Peeps or Rummy

Yvonne - Anyone targetting him reached DeDeDe

Mr P - Roleblocked

Fact, Questionable,

Assuming majority of claims true.. I would suggest it only possible for Sheikah, Rummy or Yvonne to have Roleblocked Mr-P.

I'M NOT SAYING ITS DEFINATELY A CERTAIN ONE OF THEM, BUT IT WOULD APPEAR IT MUST BE ONE OF THEM TO ME. but..

If Yvonne is lying.. although a liar, DeDeDe's info still clears him.

If either Rummy or Sheikah are lying, the case on Yvonne crumbles somewhat.

You Asked, You Got :)

I'll wait for peoples opinions before voting incase of a jump.

Lynch-Trains are fun!!! Choo-Choooo!:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: :shakehead

Damn-it, Dud. My comment was meant to appear under the previous comment to yours. Blast! Now it just looks stupid.

You make some good points. My analysis, which is definitely not as detailed as yours - so many colours!! - lead me to agree with Sheikah. Yvonne has been very suspicious. Sheikah might have an overpowered character but with so little town, especially if Cube is neutral, then it might be to help balance. Plus he has been very detailed in his approach. Frankly, ...I'm impressed.

Also, never trust Yvonne.

Edited by Magnus Peterson
Automerged Doublepost

I've tried to avoid the "this player is behaving suspiciously" comments.. All that is just purely the claims people have made with all the extra baseless waffle and bullshit taken away.

I'd rather get a result first Peeps sorry. I failed night 1 as Cube was untargetable and i cant do anything on even nights.