NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Deep Down

The fuck? Was that two different games?

First one looked cool though, and may be even better if it has the helicopters from the second bit in it.

I've always wanted to fight a dragon from a helicopter with a sword.

This trailer went from meh to amazing.

ibjxCz37mFXzrX.gif

It was at this point I felt the next generation justified itself graphically (ie, if a shitty third party studio can make games look this good then I have no worries).

I just can't stop watching that GIF, Agree completely that after seeing it last night, It was like "Shit just got real!". Next generation begins.

This was one of the very few things that I found potentially interesting last night.

It wouldn't be too far of a stretch of the imagination to call it Dragon's Dogma 2 and if that proves to be the case I'll have no complaints as I absolutely loved the first one.

When you're watching the GIF's you have to remind yourself it's not live action. Incredible. :o

... Is what I would have said my Gameboy couldn't already run this stuff, so yeah I'm used to it.

■ Official teaser site URL (PC): http://www.d-down.jp/[2]

■ Official teaser site URL (smartphone): http://www.d-down.jp/s/[3]

■ Platform: PlayStation ® 4 (online only)

■ Genre: RPG to read the memory (leading RPG)

■ Number of players: multiplayer network play

■ official service: TBD

■ CERO Rating: examination schedule

■ Internet environment required

So it's multiplayer-only. Curious, but slightly disappointing, too. It could be something like Dark Souls but with the online element forced.

An MMORPG? Ok, that's not what I was expecting... (Hype dropped to zero)

Game also got a massive graphical downgrade; not that I really care, but it's funny feeling vindicated when I called BS on that blatently, obviously super fake CGI trailer (the hilariously fake HUD was the best part - total giveaway :laughing: )

Another japanese trailers that just confuses and practically tells us nothing about the game. Still interested though...

EDIT: Higher quality version of Bryanee's Vid

Maybe im just slow from not enough sleep but still don't understand much about the title. Still hoping that it's just a graphically improved Dragon's Dogma.

Edited by Deathjam

They show the dragon stuff from the reveal in Feb, not the greatest quality but its looking good.

Ok basically you use memories to travel back in time much like AC, its online only and all the dungeon stuff is randomly generated. I think you can play solo or in co-op.

Edited by bryanee

Capcom's Yoshinori Ono discusses Deep Down's first playable turn at TGS

"The dungeons are automatically generated each time you enter them," Sugiura explained. "However, it's not completely random; it's a method deliberately created by our team to get more fun out of each dungeon. As you go through each one, you'll obtain something that's related to a story of some sort. The heroes can read memories out of these ruins, so they can use these objects to learn the memories of the people who were there in the past."

It seems like a tall order for the engine, creating both a massive cave system and an array of items that don't contradict the game's story on the fly. "Just creating simple random dungeons would lead to enemies and traps being laid in places where they made no sense," Sugiura said. "We came up with this pseudo-random method to ensure that players always had some new excitement, or experience, every time they went into a dungeon."

Link

This game sounds like it could be brilliant.

Edit: New screen grabs.

qr7sD4f.jpg

LzfQZn0.jpg

pqmGAWF.jpg

2qtemx.jpg

6euf4n.jpg

158d00.jpg

4l5ds1.jpg

Edited by Daft

Some gifs because everyone loves gifs

iVQYeGyE5fNW8.gif

imTwFmW2YnKow.gif

iJJZ25zQ5bv3Z.gif

0Po9.gif

Edited by bryanee

Just announced that this is going to be free to play and a beta will launch around the time of the Japanese PS4 launch.

Visually, this game is very impressive. Would love to see Dragon's dogma use this engine. But currently, the combat looks way way too stiff, and quite dull really. A bit slow as well. Hopefully it's got some underlying depth that is hard to see initially like Monster Hunter but I am not gonna hold my breath for this one.

Sign in to follow this