NEurope
wooks63

Wii Remote Plus

Whilst I've already got the original Wii remotes and remote plus attachments, I'm looking to replace these with jsut Wii Remote Plus's.

I'm only looking for official Nontendo controllers.

Looking around, you can get Wii Remote Plus controllers, but I've also see Wii U marketed remote plus controllers, which seem to be slightly more expensive.

I am right in saying that there's no difference between these Wii U controllers (which also work the Wiis) and the original Wii remote Plus controllers? In which case, i might as well save a few pounds and get the original versions. Or is there any difference in the build quality?

Absolutely no difference apart from the price.

My local asda had the Wii U M+ controllers for £39 and next to them were Wii Play Motion bundles with the controller and game for £25.

I am right in saying that there's no difference between these Wii U controllers (which also work the Wiis) and the original Wii remote Plus controllers?
Absolutely no difference apart from the price.
I think the Wii U branded ones have an external sync button on the back. Not 100% sure though. :hmm:

Definitely not worth paying extra for anyway. :heh:

*EDIT*

Yep, there it is:

v4BZe.jpg

Edited by RedShell

Yeah they do. Apparently some newer Non Wii U branded remotes have it as well. It may seem like a minor change, but it so much easier syncing my new remote to the Wii U.

It's a purely cosmetic change, with the only difference being the repositioning of the sync button.

The Wiimote Plus and the original Wiimote with the external Motionplus accessory also work identically on Wii U (the only real difference being the obvious added size that comes from the attachment)

Cex are selling them for £22. Just picked up a gold Zelda one today ;)

Ooh good price thanks Jamba.

The gold one is beautiful!

Cex are selling them for £22. Just picked up a gold Zelda one today

I did not know they are being sold separately.

I did not know they are being sold separately.

CEX are a shop that sells only second hand stuff so all of these controllers are pre-owned. They strip everything down so peripherals get separated from games and they even take the games out that come with the Wii U!

All colours are the same price I think.

Yep, picked up a red one today last motion plus mote they had. Can't believe game are selling them for £49.99 ¬_¬

It's a pre owned one but comes with a 12 month warranty so its cool.

Cex are selling them for £22. Just picked up a gold Zelda one today ;)

Nice tip! I only have two wii motion + enabled pads, one with the add on and one of the Zelda ones, might see if i can find a couple of different colours for when everyone wants to play Mario.