NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Just played Destiny for the first time in a long time, half way through soloing the nightfall and I randomly get returned to the title screen. No error/disconnection message, just title screen.

For a couple of days I was starting to miss the game, that didn't last long.

Don't think I've ever bothered to solo a Nightfall. That being one of the reasons why.

That fucking sucks dude.

My Warlock has 22 days and 12 hours of playtime. My baboon problem seem got reduced since the recent patch. Apparently it's something doing with loss package over the WiFi.

Read that new article on Game Informer and it's all sounding very positive and very good. Part of me is still sceptical that Bungie are going to give us something as good as it's all sounding but I'd like to hope they have learned from their mistakes. I'm under no impression it'll be perfect but from the sounds of it, it looks like it'll be a good step up on what's already there.

Pretty much decided I'll be picking it up anyway, can't leave my Titan on the sidelines especially with a new fire hammer to play with :grin:

Slowly gonna get myself back into it over the next couple of weeks, build up some more Crucible and Vanguard marks so they're maxed out for the cross over to the Legendary marks when TTK is released (hopefully that'll be a straight cross over and combining of the 2 but this is Bungie afterall). And probably finally play through both TDB and HoW story missions with my Warlock instead of leaving it behind. I'll keep the possibility of starting a Hunter for when the next patch drops for Nolanbot.

Since I don't think it's been posted, here's a run down of the latest GI info.

• New green Weapons were stronger than Year 1 raid gear
  • End of mission to get new subclass will give you your super at a increased rate to try it out
  • Actual story telling!
  • No sparrow in Dreadnaught feels okay, compact action
  • Part of an Exotic weapon Quest bounty is collecting 50 pieces throughout the Dreadnaught
  • You will fight other races, as well as the taken, on this ship
  • If I understand correctly you can sacrifice weapons to add upgrade experience to a weapon of the same type. Kind of unclear.
  • Wider range of gear, looks to allow you to have more choices with appearance
  • As previously discussed light is just a measure of your power and activities have recommended light levels
  • Ghosts add stats and light now
  • Sample Ghost perks, Showed nearby materials, I.e. Spinmetal, And one increased Glimmer from hive
  • Can now decide which weapon, Primary, Special, Heavy, is shown in public spaces
  • Will be able to trade in old class specific armor mats for the new general one
  • You now can buy a item from XUR that boosts exotic drop rate from the next boss you fight!
  • Strikes now focus more on replay-ability, switching up the enemy compositions and even races strike to strike
  • AFKers now will be teleported up with he rest of the strike team, like POE is currently
  • Now 3 strike playlists
  • Vanguard Legacy is all the strikes from year one
  • Vanguard Ursa is random heroic strikes that will award Legendary marks and engrams
  • Vanguard Marmoset Is only TTK strikes
  • Will be hand crafting Nightfall strike modifiers
  • Lots of crucible stuff, mostly already covered, Crucible bounties are now "better"
  • New bounties Class, Fireteam, TOO, Featured playlists, And weekly bounties for big rewards
  • More raid information coming soon
  • Then they talk about value

"Strikes now focus more on replay-ability, switching up the enemy compositions and even races strike to strike"

The one I'm most looking forward to.

Can't wait to collect all ghost shells with useful perks like more glimmers from Cabel so it would be brilliant for the Glimmer farm in Exclusion Zone.

Xur is selling Gjallarhorn. @Sheikah @Eddage @WhoeverNeverGotOne

I would probably pass over it, why would you want to waste your Exotic slot on a heavy? ;)

Well, I can finally add the Gjallarhorn to my arsenal but simply for the fact of ownership as it's likely to remain unused as I prefer to use Machine Guns for my heavy. Plus, the upcoming nerf courtesy of the next patch kind of dilutes the desire to use it. May still give it a whiz.

Played for the first time in months last night and was instantly reminded of the mess that is the RNG, more so because of the lack of Treasure Key drops despite handing in 7 or 8 Queen's Bounty and Wanted quests (apparently had some ticking over since May to finish). Even the small chests in my runs of PoE gave none. Hopefully have more luck later today when I try again but I'd have hoped they'd have improved that a little bit by now.

And the lag in the Crucible has gotten really bad. Think I was lucky in that I never really had too many problems with it before but now, it seems even more janky and my screen was spinning 90 degrees every now and again, presumably as a result of the lag compensation. That really needs to be sorted cause at times it was pretty much unplayable last night for me.

Xur is selling Gjallarhorn. @Sheikah @Eddage @WhoeverNeverGotOne

I would probably pass over it, why would you want to waste your Exotic slot on a heavy? ;)

Wa...

WAT?

WAT

I texted everyone who didn't have one as soon as I found out.

@Ganepark32 As one who also prefers Heavy Machine Guns, Gjallahorn is on another level.

jericho_by_qwistie-d4tj85j.gif

Make sure you at least give Gjally a shot (with Wolfpack rounds, doesnt count til you get them) before it gets nerfed :p

@Daft I'm sure you didn't miss it but the helmet for your fourth GG shot is at Xur too.

Got to remember to pick it up when I get home later. Thanks for the heads up!

Are people still playing this? I'm looking to get back into it.

not often but i'm looking to get back into it for TTK

I really love the Pantheon map in the crucible because of the adrenaline rush I get from when I sneaked into the enemy's side and suddenly have an epic 1 vs 6 battle there. Achlyophage Symbiote's Last Man Standing perk is amazing!

@Zell I see you lurking, Trials, tonight bruh. @Sheikah too. I'm bringing my Titan.

If one of those guys can't make it then hit me up, been wanting to give it another go!

@Zell I see you lurking, Trials, tonight bruh. @Sheikah too. I'm bringing my Titan.

Shame it never materialised last night but I'm ready tonight if @Zell is too.

@Eddage I might be around for Trials if you have no find another couple people. But I'll be playing on my Hunter. Who only has Gun Slinger levelled.

I caved and bought the collectors edition of Taken King.

Does that include the three things they want to charge £20 for on their own? (exotic class item etc)

Yep. Three exotic class items, three shaders and three emotes.

I'm literally only buying it because I'm hyped and I have the moneyz. It's fucking stupid otherwise.

I don't even wear my Hunter class item. I wear the first one you get which you basically can't see. Really not a fan of cloaks...well, I'm not a fan of the hood being up. You should have an option to wear them lowered.

Hm, shame it's not available at Tesco or I could buy the whole thing for only £40 worth of Clubcard points.

Tempted to cancel some unnecessarily expensive headphones I've pre-ordered and do the same as you. More justifiable in terms of luxury spending, anyway....