N-Europe

Wii U Headsets

Cube

As most of you are probably aware, the Wii U requires a headset. The requirements are simple: It needs a 3.5mm jack.

There are some more expensive headsets you can get - some that also to the normal game audio, and there are also immensely cheap ones like these mobile pone earphones (£2.40).

Another thing: If you have an Xbox 360 headset (£2.99) (which have an easily accessible on/off switch), then a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable (£1.95) will sort you out there.

Edited by Cube

Does anyone know if iPhone ones work?

From the looks of the links above I would have thought they would.

Yes, I'm fairly sure they do.

Also, the headbanger headset lives on so. You'll need a female USB to 3.5mm converter but that can be picked up on Ebay for a few €'s.

Yes, I'm fairly sure they do.

Also, the headbanger headset lives on so. You'll need a female USB to 3.5mm converter but that can be picked up on Ebay for a few €'s.

So will one of these work?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-USB-to-3-5mm-Female-Jack-Plug-iPod-Shuffle-Data-Charger-Short-Cable-Lead-/321000523116?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item4abd1f456c

Just an update for those thinking of buying the above

Bought and tried these on the headbanger headset on my PC, headset didn't light up so I doubt it will work on the Wii U.

Yeah I doubt it would either. Don't those things need power from the USB?

I'm happy that this seems to use some standard inputs but I do have a half decent set of Sennheiser headphones but no mic... don't want to fork out for a new pair. Although, it would stop bluey from stealing them. And by that I mean sacrifice the Sennheisers and get another pair.

So these headsets... are they for voice chat only or do they also allow for game sound to be played through them?

The Turtle Beach ones do, the 3.5mm only ones don't.

However, note that the Turtle Beach ones will likely need plugging into both the Wii U and the GamePad (and possibly both the Wii U's sound and USB).