NEurope
Babooo

Games TM mag

Anyone know whats happened to this magazine right now?? Their website doesn't work, can't find their issue 40 in the shops and I still haven't received my mag that was due out on the 29th December!!?? :mad:

Its really pissin me off!!

Games mags are dropping like flies right now. Unless they start featuring more non-web content (i.e. more well written features, interviews and concept art) they'll continue to be canned.

If GamesTM is shut, I'll be a little sad. It was the only multiformat mag I read (since Edge was often a little heavy for me).

This is a damn shame if true. I only recently stumbled on the wonder that is GamesTM. I only buy it and Edge. Ok the web may be more up to date, but Edge and GamesTM both run features that are worlds above anything I ever found online. They are more intelligent and interesting than the 15 year olds that run most gaming sites....

Highbury, the company that owns GamesTM, are having money problems (debts of £29.5m) and the printer wasn't paid so the mag didn't get printed over Christmas. It should be out in the next week or so though and there's a DS special magazine coming out as well from the people who used to write for CUBE.

GamesTM is supposed to be carrying on for the next few issues but I'm not sure after that. (Read all this on another forum.)

Just read a news report that says "The end was signalled for Highbury House Communications yesterday as the debt-laden magazine publisher put its remaining titles up for sale."

I sure hope its not kicked the bucket, like Android I find Edge a little on the heavy site. I really like(d) GamesTM although I rarely buy magazines. Will it get another publisher?

As my sub copy still hadn't arrived this morning I rang Highbury publishing and they told me that there were problems in the distributoin of the mag so therefore no mags are being sent out to subscribers or retailers.

From the posts I've just read, I didn't know the company were having debt problems and all that. I only hope that the mag will continue as usual.

Seems that Future Publishing is just too big a competitor..

Darn, this is bad news indeed. GamesTM is a fantastic magazine. Content, as well as the magazine covers are superb

It's just late to the shelves due to a printing problem.

But Highburry is doing really badly and is up for sale. So it may be the end soon enough.

Let's face it, Future are going to be the ones who end up buying the rights. The real question is whether they will allow the mag to continue or can it in the interests of Edge. I'd imagine they'd keep the magazine going as whilst both publications' readerships overlap, they do cater for slightly different markets — they still run PSM2 and the official variant, for instance.

Other than a few flick throughs and an admiring look at their recent Okami cover, I've never really been interested in GamesTM. I think it serves as an attractive halfway house between Edge and the degenerative efforts of GamesMaster*, but I'm quite comfortable staying with the former.

*I mean this in a good way.

I was planning to buy a copy but couldn't find it in the shops. I rarly buy magazines but if i do i get NGC or edge, don't get nom anymore, but might after future brings out their version.

gamesTM issue 40 is out in the shops now. I picked up a copy in WHSmiths yesterday. It's got four collector's edition covers - one for each season of Animal Crossing (spring, summer, autumn, winter).

Wow, the front cover for this issue is definetly worth a look. I got Autumn, which just looks great. They have a developer interview with Sumo (people responsible for Virtua Tennis PSP) who express great ethusiasm for the Revo.

Score wise, Sonic Rush, AC:WW, and Mario & Lugi: PiT, all got 8/10

Yeah I got the new issue, didnt find it as good as last months though. Still worth four quid though.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a handheld mag out. I know the PSP has it's own magazine.. Atleast I'm sure I saw one but I would love to see a multiformat handheld only magazine. Especially as the handheld market is doing so well recently

Yeh i guess a portabe mag wouldn't be too bad considering how many portables there are now.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you guys that I still haven't received my subscription copy that was due on the 29th December. Fuckin ridiculus. Will definatley call them up tommorrow if i can be bothered. :mad:

New issue any gd?? :heh:

There's a new DS Special magazine out now. See my thread here in the Handheld Discussion board.

Would be good to see a regular monthly handheld mag though.