N-Europe

Need For Speed Most Wanted U

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nintendolife Review:

"Need for Speed: Most Wanted U delivers on every level. It's fast, fun, and absolutely beautiful, with an open-world design that creates a real feeling of freedom to go with the sense of speed. There's a staggering amount of content, with races to run, cars to find and mods to unlock, and the unique online multiplayer adds heaps of replay value. This is also a perfect example of a port done right - the graphical upgrades and GamePad-specific features make this the definitive console version. Racing fans, make room at the top of that most wanted list."

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu/need_for_speed_most_wanted_u

The only downside is the lack of local multiplayer. Most of our console games are multiplayer based, this is also where most of the fun usually comes from for me, but you can't complain when you're given a great game and another excellent port.

Definitely going to buy this at some point.

Edited by -Dem0-

I popped into my local Grainger Games store at lunch today to see if they had any copies of this but they didn't. They checked the stocks for me and said that only 12 copies had been ordered throughout the whole company as the WiiU just isn't selling well enough to stock games in all their stores.

I popped into my local Grainger Games store at lunch today to see if they had any copies of this but they didn't. They checked the stocks for me and said that only 12 copies had been ordered throughout the whole company as the WiiU just isn't selling well enough to stock games in all their stores.

OUCH!!! This is going to hurt sales, which wouldn't have been great anyway, and hurt future releases etc etc It's entered into a dangerous cycle. Nintendo need to do something to get out of it. It's looking horrific!

OUCH!!! This is going to hurt sales, which wouldn't have been great anyway, and hurt future releases etc etc It's entered into a dangerous cycle. Nintendo need to do something to get out of it. It's looking horrific!

It's the vicious cycle. They won't stock the games and consoles because people "won't" buy them. People won't buy them because they don't stock them. I have no doubt that the Wii U's issues wouldn't be as bad as they are if the supermarkets actually stocked the bloody thing.

It's the vicious cycle. They won't stock the games and consoles because people "won't" buy them. People won't buy them because they don't stock them. I have no doubt that the Wii U's issues wouldn't be as bad as they are if the supermarkets actually stocked the bloody thing.

I know the term "vicious cycle" i hate using cliches :P

12 copies? You would expect one store to have at least that.

I did see people on neogaf say this game wasn’t stocked anywhere. I know it’s a port but NFS isn’t a niche franchise and 12 copies total for every store sounds crazy.

must practice more and also use brakes now and again. :-)

pity anyone who has me in the team races.

Lego also arrived today.

I hate racing games you have to brake on!! That's why Burnout 2 will always be the best!:D

Ordered this from Shopto last night, gonna have to stretch my budget a tiny bit further for the rest of the month but wanted to show support for it given EA's less than enthusiastic attitude towards Wii U. For anyone who played Need For Speed Hot Pursuit on 360/PS3 how does the car handling compare?

I hate racing games you have to brake on!! That's why Burnout 2 will always be the best!:D

I'm the same. You don't really have to break too much on this, you tap break to skid around corners. Bit like ridge racer tobe honest. The game is incredibly good.

Was up 'till four last night playing this and Batman.

Tried joining an online public server and hadn't a clue what I was doing (just challenges like "get on top of this building" apparently). So quit out of that and brought my 911 around the city for a spin.

This is the most fun I've had with a racer for a long time. Just driving around and occasionally passing a speed camera where the fastest speeds of my friends list are there for record is very cool. I found myself doing a handbrake and going back to have a go of each one I came across and then heading off again. Had a few races every now and then as well just to make sure I wasn't "wasting" my time not building up my car upgrades but this really is the type of game where you can "waste" your time having a hell of a lot of fun without progressing. I didn't come first in any of them (@Serebii has most of them by the looks of it) but I knocked @dazzybee off a few places ;))

That's one thing I think I really like about this game. You don't have to be online with your friends to try and beat your friends. Just hit left on the d-pad, pick a race the game recommends and have a crack at beating your friends times.

I have a feeling this is going to take a very long time to get through but it's a very satisfying racer so it'll be time well spent!

Edited by edza

Damn you!

Yeah the game is great, something it okay long into the future, especially with monster hunter,luigis, Lego etc mutiplayer is a bit weird,but its great, one of the problems I have with the public games is there isn't enough racing, but I like the challenges too. You can create your own set lists to have your own structure so that's good!

Payed it a bit online with people on here,but woud be great to have 6 of us from here online in a room!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!