N-Europe

Does it exist a good PlayStation 3 controller?

are1981

the Gioteck HF-2 (currently available for about £25) or GC-1 (which is coming out in october) are really good!

I have the HF-2 and its awesome nice grip, texture upgradeable stick sensitivity and a switch to invert L1/R1 with L2/R2

the only issue is in requires batteries , they originally planned on releasing a separate li battery but after emailing them they abandoned the plans in favour of a new controller. The sticks are also a little odd in shape, they have a diamond shape due to little extra grippy nubs on the rounded parts which is surprisingly comfortable.

the GC1, which doesn't say it needs batteries so i assume they have fixed this,it also has rounded thumb stick nubs and seems to be identical otherwise to the HF-2

i'd highly recommend them

the Gioteck HF-2 (currently available for about £25) or GC-1 (which is coming out in october) are really good!

I have the HF-2 and its awesome nice grip, texture upgradeable stick sensitivity and a switch to invert L1/R1 with L2/R2

the only issue is in requires batteries , they originally planned on releasing a separate li battery but after emailing them they abandoned the plans in favour of a new controller. The sticks are also a little odd in shape, they have a diamond shape due to little extra grippy nubs on the rounded parts which is surprisingly comfortable.

the GC1, which doesn't say it needs batteries so i assume they have fixed this,it also has rounded thumb stick nubs and seems to be identical otherwise to the HF-2

Thank you. I will check these out.

Do they still work after Sony made most not work?

I read something about this several months ago, but do not remember the details. I thought they just blocked the really bad ones, or am I wrong?

The gioteck ones do work after sony's update knocked a lot out

I previously had a power A one that worked via a wireless dongle and that sort of still worked for about a month then died

but the gioteck ones are bluetooth and can have the firmware updated so are claimed to be "future proofed"

that Cronos adapter looks very interesting...

Thank you. I will check these out.

I have done some research now, and GC-1 looks mediocre, but what I read seems good. However, HF-2 is very ugly.

http://www.gioteck.com/products/playstation-3/controllers-ps3/gc-1/

http://www.gioteck.com/support/playstation-3-support/controllers-ps3-support-2/hf-2-support/

Why do manufacturers who produce unofficial accessories, too often make unaesthetic products? And why do they almost always go down the hey-kid-you-are-so-tough-and-badass-this-will-make-you-feel-powerful military route?

I mean, how hard is it to make a controller as easy on the eyes as GameCube or Xbox 360 controllers?

I know, I complain a lot. But how about quality products for non-military-fans?

i suspect its because if they made it any more like the 360 one m$ would sue!

but its surprisingly comfortable and the finish is rubberized so its really soft, i'd prefer it not to have the panzer tank pattern though i'll give you that! i'm probably going to get a GC-1 or that adapter and just use my 360 one