N-Europe

Professor Layton And The Azran Legacy

Retro_Link

Announced during the Nintendo Direct... and as Layton's last adventure!!

(though I'm sure he's too popular a character to never see from again).

Prof.-Layton-the-Remains-of-an-Advanced-Civilization-4-150x150.pngProf.-Layton-the-Remains-of-an-Advanced-Civilization-1-150x150.pngProf.-Layton-the-Remains-of-an-Advanced-Civilization-2-150x150.pngProf.-Layton-the-Remains-of-an-Advanced-Civilization-3-150x150.png

You know you're at the end of an adventure when lines of blue light start appearing in the environment! :p

Edited by Retro_Link

Apparently it's Layton's last adventure BUT not the last Layton game. Maybe you get to play as a grown up Luke or something in the next one. ::shrug:
Yeah quite possibly!

Would be a real shame though! Like Another Code R I was hoping we'd get Layton on the Wii U in a full on feature adventure. Animated like the movie, but with gameplay!

Prof.-Layton-the-Remains-of-an-Advanced-Civilization-3-150x150.png

You know you're at the end of an adventure when lines of blue light start appearing in the environment! :p

Ha ha! The screens even have the typical floating cubes that you see at the end! :laughing:

Guess it really is the end... I'm glad to see that they're letting the story end on a proper note, instead of dragging it out endlessly.

The question now is, who will take over? Will we see a spinoff series starring Luke? Or will they retire the franchise for the next few years, only to come out with the "New Prof Layton" series later on!

Maybe just the last of this trilogy? These still take place before the first 3 games right?

I think that's how it goes.

PL4-(Eternal Diva)-PL5-PL6?|PL1-PL2-PL3

Unless Eternal Diva is actually part of the trilogy itself which means Professor Layton 6 is... I haven't got a clue.

EDIT:

set one year after the events of the last game
Edited by -Dem0-

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I thought this game looked fantastic in the Nintendo Direct!!

It's a shame I'm a bit lost on the story having only played the first and half of the second.

The games all started to seem a bit samey puzzle wise... but this one looks really different.

Hopefully there might be a story recap, or it stands alone ok maybe?

Not really (that I remember). There was an extra cut scene at the end of Miracle Mask that links them up and sets up the story for Azran Legacy. I would't say it's absolutely necessary to understand what's going on you should be able to play this one without the others.

They might do a recap, but it'll probably be mentioned in the game to be honest. It's probably on Youtube if you want to go that route and save playing through it.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Was that the one working out where you have to go on the airship? I found that one surprisingly hard too!!!

Btw, spoiler free review on the main site here :)

Yeah it was! There goes my excuse. :p

Actually finding a lot of the early puzzles quite difficult. Last couple of game were pretty easy so it's nice to have a bit of challenge.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished this earlier. Enjoyed it more than Miracle Mask, despite it being shorter and having a somewhat unexpected narrative in the middle of the story. Puzzles were great as usual, and the finale had more twists than a season of '24', including an emotional moment or two to rival those in The Lost Future. :weep:

Here's hoping Professor Layton V Phoenix Wright is still on track for a Q1 PAL release, and that we get some more Layton goodness in some form soon after!