Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 24: Hours a day

Haden

The curse of the 0-0 home draws continues... Someone tell me how to fix it :(

Your forward line is rather weak and midfield seems to be developing, I think 4-5-1 is a good formation for you but I would start with Rivas and then bring in the youths if you are winning or start with the youths and then bring in Rivas at half time.

I don't know your econ situation but maybe buy another decent forward to pair with Rivas.

If you got all those 6 skill midfielders 7 skill next season you would be doing very well.

Btw if anyone wants to write a piece about formations (I dont expect anyone to take me up on this :laughing:) I will feature it in next seasons opening post and this season via an official PR. @bob played 4-2-4 today and it seems we ourselves don't really know how formations work. If anyone wanted to lend some form of wisdom of what is good to play home and away it would be very helpful.

The 64s 1-1 Comrade Co-op

The 64s were glad to still be in the middle league and took on the Co-op who wanted an early away victory. The 64s played to traditional strengths and packed their midfield with a 4-5-1 formation. The Co-op held firm with a 4-4-2 ready for anything. The 64s dominated possession and took an early lead as Diz headed in a cross that nearly headed into the goal itself. However the veteran and captain Chmutov struck back with a powerful long range shot when the 64s defence stood back from him when they should have known better. Substitutions flurried on both sides in the 2nd half but to no avail it ended in a 1-1 draw. These are the type of games that the 64s should be wining, Co-op will be glad with a draw.

Hadens Rangers 1-0 Leeds M.O.T

Rangers played their first game in the middle league while Leeds prepared to play their last season. Rangers set up with an aggressive 4-3-3 while Leeds went for an adaptable 4-4-2. Rangers were rampant in the first half with all chances and 60% possession, Conden tapped in a sitter after a corner to put the hosts 1-0 up. Leeds came back after the break and had all the possession but could do nothing with it, even a late Ranger sending off couldn't help them. Rangers will be happy with their first victory in the middle league, Leeds will have a sinking feeling.

Seahawks FC 3-1 Fedex United

The only other team to gain a victory is many pundits pick to win the league this season Seahawks as they played middle league newcomers Fedex. Both teams played 4-4-2, Seahawks middle league experienced midfield was on top straight away. Giraldes set up Beltran and then was slotted through by Scorpios to score his own to make it 2-0 after 26 minutes. Rios curled in a long shot to have the Seahawks fans singing "You're getting sacked in the morning" before half time. Seahawks eased off the peddle after half time and Fedex got a goal back with mere minutes to go when Salnitro headed home. But it was Seahawks day they had 11 chances to 2 and were deserved winners. This was a warning shot to other clubs this could well be their season.

AC Elites 0-0 Dragooooo

A niggly game as two rivals met today. AC Elites played 4-4-2 against Dragooooo's possesion orientated 4-5-1. Elites manager was red faced before the game began and was shouting at the referee to turn two yellows he gave to red as Dragooooo hit hard with their tackles. He was given a warning as he stormed up to the Dragooooo manager and shouted in his face when Strijbosch had to be taken off via a stretcher after a clumsy tackle. The Dragooooo manager gestured something to the Elites manager to much anger from the home fans, a beer bottle was thrown in his direction. The game itself was no match for the off field entertainment, Dragooooo had the better of the 2nd half as their manager put on subs to try and win it but it was a dull 0-0 draw in the end both sets of supporters would have wanted more.

Aquila All Stars 0-0 Bayern Neverlusen

All Stars set up with a 4-5-1 formation hoping to boss around Bayern who came with a traditional 4-4-2 set up. All Stars created a couple of chances in the first half but Bayerns formation was superb and their lone striker was swarmed as soon as he got the ball. All Stars kept trying in the 2nd half but Chalmers for Bayern was a hero in defence, he seemed to spot chances before they even happened and directed defenders and defensive midfielders to hot spots before All Star players contemplated moving into them. Bayern themselves did not offer much but will now look forward to the return leg. All Stars need to find a way to score goals today was disappointing, Bayern have found a man which they can build on with Chalmers.

Most Important Result: The 64s 1-1 Comrade Co-op, hard to look past this, the 64s needed to do better a good point for Co-op.

Stylish Play: Seahawks FC, 3 goals in a rather goaless round, they seem to be the team to beat a very impressive performance.

Best Player: Darren Chalmers, Bayern Bru, as was mentioned in the report he stifled All Stars completely his manager will be pleased.

Edited by Haden

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4-0? Good to be back. Against that loser ReZ, too? Ha!

Looks like the Submarines have nothing to be blue about - stonking team performance, definitely the team to beat. I only managed 2 in the x11 but that's certainly better than nothing. Got to start stoking the fires, get some steel back into these Blades!

Ooooof. Worst part about returning is to find my money pot is DIRE. 1.5m? Awful. Any funds I had pre-disappearing have vanished with the 300k taken for youth. Oh very dear.

Solid start. Ideally I want to keep forms very high throughout this season to max development, and then hopefully I'll have saved up some money to buy a couple of decent players at the start of next season.

@Zell...do you fancy reforming the band? ;) An alliance of yourself, Seahawks FC and me (all contenders for winning each respective league) could make a pretty damn good combo!

When you're NWO, you're NWO 4 life.

Haden, the Inception music in this thread has been most excellent. I've been listening to Time/watching the ending on Youtube for most of this week.

Oddly enough I have never seen the movie, I was searching for a concept for this season and 24 seemed to lend itself to time so off to youtube I went.

I am a big fan of Hans Zimmer and that track blew me away when I heard it, will have to buy the movie when I get paid :D

Oddly enough I have never seen the movie, I was searching for a concept for this season and 24 seemed to lend itself to time so off to youtube I went.

I am a big fan of Hans Zimmer and that track blew me away when I heard it, will have to buy the movie when I get paid :D

You should watch it. It's a great film. The music is a particular highlight. :)

Happy with my victory. First one of the campaign, wohoo. Even happier with my DVs. My goalie is already on 10, one of my defenders is already on 9 whilst another two are on 7. Looking great so far. Form values are decent, too. I'm hoping some of my players will double jump at the end of this year.

Fucking shit. Promotion to the upper league is such a poisoned chalice. 6 - 0 even with defensive tactics... I wouldn't be surprised if I go the entire season without picking up a point.

Yeah...I hope I don't get promoted. There's a huge gap/jump between Middle and Elite. I'm looking at the squads now and they look pretty terrifying. :(

I would love to finish fourth for another 3 seasons, before making my ascent into the Elite League.

Yeah...I hope I don't get promoted. There's a huge gap/jump between Middle and Elite. I'm looking at the squads now and they look pretty terrifying. :(

I would love to finish fourth for another 3 seasons, before making my ascent into the Elite League.

Yeah it's a good plan. Just make sure you dont accidentally win too many games as I did! I'd quite like another season in the lower league, get the dvs right up and that

Yeah it's a good plan. Just make sure you dont accidentally win too many games as I did! I'd quite like another season in the lower league, get the dvs right up and that

I don't think there's much chance of that happening with me! It's going to be very competitive this season, I expect.

Hmm, I'm not really sure what you can do, unless you bring in some more experienced players. Maybe a better keeper and one or two very highly skilled midfielders? The problem is because your league is very competitive, it's going to be harder to promote youth, win games AND stay up. You could write the season off as a no-go, accept you'll go down and just spend the year trying new things out. Or, you can bring players in, spend quite a bit of money, and leave yourself a chance.

Close, but good away win against last season middle league champion. Duds Baggies at home next, should cruise through that one pretty easily.

Not surprised the top 3 teams are the top 3 from last season. The competition for the title will be though.

Fucking shit. Promotion to the upper league is such a poisoned chalice. 6 - 0 even with defensive tactics... I wouldn't be surprised if I go the entire season without picking up a point.

Yup, I'm feeling the same thing. I'm obviously still playing to win but I'm focussing more on developing my younger players now. I've been keeping the form up quite well so far and their DVs are looking good. I can see there's no chance of avoiding relegation (and I don't think I want to avoid it lol) so there's not much point focussing on winning. Best to focus on development, ready to pound the middle league again next season!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-Euro Elite League Season Twenty Four: Hours A Day

N-Euro Elite League Round One

****Eights United 4-1 Winston Gardens FC****

Eights play an offensive game with confidence while Winston Gardens increase their numbers at the back in anticipation. The ratings say it all for this game as Eights’ midfield rating reaches 14 while Winston Gardens managed only half of that. Justin Wilder scored the first goal for Eights in the 27th minute, quickly being helped out soon after with an own goal from Carlo Rosario of Winston Gardens. Emil Beck scored another goal for Eights in the 37th minute to put Eights 3-0 up but Magnus Ahnfeldt made sure Winston Gardens didn’t end the first half without a goal by scoring in the 40th minute. Eights were quick to score again in the second half with a goal coming from Charles Almaas in the 49th minute but that was their only goal of the second half.

****Battlestar Odwinica 0-0 Rising Phoenix***

Odwinica were favourites to win this game before going in but a tough stance from Rising Phoenix kept them from conceding any goals. All the chances were made in the first half with Odwinica creating two and Rising Phoenix managing just one. It seems that Rising Phoenix may well be able to stay afloat in the Elite League this time round if they can keep their defence up like this.

****Bubbles FC 1-2 Intergalactico Stars****

Some bad luck befell Intergalactico in the early minutes of the game as Nikos Scabos had to be taken off the pitch with heavy injuries, working slightly in Bubbles favour as he is replaced with a younger player. Although in the 39th minute the young substitute, Maximus Decimus Meridius was the first to score for Intergalactico. The second half began with Intergalactico still dominating the game and in the 47th minute Eddie Guerrero scored Intergalactico’s second goal. Still determined, Bubbles kept making plays and in the 56th minute the ball found Liam Haley in the penalty area and he managed to beat the keeper! With over 30 minutes left and just one goal’s difference, it was a tense end to the game but although Intergalactico didn’t score again, they managed to shut down Bubbles’ chances of equalising.

***Real Peeps 3-5 Madpool****

Things were going as expected for Real Peeps in the first half as Archie Gay scores the first goal for Madpool in the 13th minute. Soon after, Real Peeps lost a player in midfield due to a heavy injury leaving them vulnerable to an attack from Reggie Hales who scored in the 20th minute. In the 25th minute, Hales scored again from a freekick. There was still plenty of time left in the first half and Steven Gerrard was next to score for Madpool to put them 4-0 up but a goal from Thurston McAuley in the 43rd minute kept Real Peeps from being whitewashed. Real Peeps remained in favour as the second half started and managed to score again with a goal from Jimmy Exton in the 48th minute. Madpool were still knocking back the chances but failing to score while Real Peeps had only two chances in the second half and managed to score from both! Thurston McAuley scored their third goal in the 62nd minute and it looked like Real Peeps would actually be able to make a great comeback but in the 72nd minute Madpool were awarded a penalty from which Stanley Trainer easily scored, taking the fight out of Real Peeps.

****DuDs Baggies 2-0 Silverdale Hotpot****

After legitimately escaping relegation (narrowly, thanks to an inactive Happenstance FC) last season, DuDs Baggies are thirsty to prove themselves worthy of the Elite League and what better way than to defeat the latest cup winners and the winners of Season 22? The first half was free of goals with only one chance being made from DuDs Baggies that was easily saved. The second half yielded more successful results for DuDs Baggies as their offensive push allowed them to create 4 chances while Silverdale could only manage 2. The first goal came late in the game in the 70th minute and was scored by Rory Ashe but he wasn’t finished there and scored again in the 85th minute. The end of the game was drawing closer and it looked certain that Baggies would take the victory but in the 90th minute Rory Ashe felt compelled to shove a Silverdale player to the ground just before he took a shot on goal resulting in a red card for Ashe but Baggies’ victory was sealed.

Most Important Result: DuDs Baggies 2-0 Silverdale Hotpot, it’s too early to call anything but with Baggies beating one of the strongest teams in the elite league in their first game, it’s safe to say they are going to be a team to watch out for this season.

Manager of the Round: Tales, Eights United, it was tough to call this one but Tales had the best performance from his team and one of the best results with no dramas in the game.

Player of the Round: Reggie Hales, Madpool, as Rory Ashe of DuDs Baggies has recused himself with a shameful end to his game, the award this time goes to Reggie Hales of Madpool. Hales assisted the first goal of the game before scoring twice in a row himself, all before the first half was over.

N-Euro Elite League Round Two

****DuDs Baggies 1-1 Battlestar Odwinica****

DuDs Baggies continue their strong start to the season with a draw against the mighty Battlestar. Baggies are still rated one of the weakest teams in the elite league but have surprised their critics with these two impressive results. Odwinica are performing decidedly average with two draws now behind them. Dudley Dhall was first to score in the 36th minute for DuDs Baggies and while both teams were getting decent chances on each other, the next goal wasn’t scored until the 87th minute! Luckily for Odwinica, it was Isak Millberg who scored, saving them from an embarrassing defeat.

****Rising Phoenix 1-2 Eights United****

Rising Phoenix had a strong(ish) start to the season after holding Odwinica back for a draw away from home but this round they’re up against Eights United who are eager to win their first trophy and seem very determined this season. Alec Svanson of Eights United scored first in the 17th minute but Rising Phoenix didn’t let them stay ahead for long and scored in the 20th minute with a goal from Kaj Eklind. As the second half played out it seemed likely that the game would end in a draw with neither team able to create many chances but in the 70th minute Dagfinn Jalland was able to score to secure victory for Eights United.

****Madpool 6-0 Winston Gardens FC****

Madpool were glad to be back at home this round and made sure not to underestimate their opponent this time after they conceded three goals last round to Real Peeps. Neal HIles started the ball rolling with a goal in the very first minute, going on to assist Archie Gay in the 5th minute. Neal Hiles scored again in the 19th minute and once again assisted the next goal which was scored again by Archie Gay in the 31st minute. Neal Hiles still hadn’t tired out by the second half and assisted Steven Gerrard in the 48th minute. In the 62nd minute Hiles was on the phone to his agent while Spence Monk scored, assisted by Steven Gerrard. Winston Gardens did manage one chance in the game in the second half but were put off making any more after being angrily stared down by Madpool’s fans.

****Bubbles FC 1-3 Silverdale Hotpot***

Silverdale were another team eager to correct some mistakes made last round as they faced Bubbles FC today. Both teams went heavy in the midfield which made things kind of easy for Silverdale as they easily overpowered Bubbles whose midfield isn’t one to brush off lightly either. A freekick scored by Clifford Hope was the first goal for Silverdale in the 25th minute and just two minutes later, Hope assisted Jamie Jerome in another goal for Silverdale. A couple of light injuries towards the end of the first half resulted in a line-up shake up for Bubbles FC but they still managed to keep Silverdale from scoring again, at least until the 65th minute when Steven Calderwood was able to score. In the 84th minute Anselmo Giampietri scored for Bubbles to keep them from total humiliation but they still lost the game 3-1.

*****Intergalactico Stars 3-0 Real Peeps****

Intergalactico easily walked all over Real Peeps this round as the latter team attempted a defensive game. Intergalactico had only four chances in this game and managed to score from three of them while Real Peeps were barely able to make it past the half way line. Mark Undertaker was first to score in the 27th minute which was the only goal of the first half. Terry Hogan started quickly in the second half, scoring in the 46th minute but the next goal didn’t come until the 89th minute, scored by Gandalf Grey. With their goals fairly spread out, it seems the defensive option kind of worked for Real Peeps but unfortunately for them, Intergalactico were clinical enough to score from almost all of the few chances they made.

Most Important Result: Bubbles FC 1-3 Silverdale Hotpot, Silverdale prove their first round was just a fluke after easily winning away from home today to pull themselves out of 9th place and into 5th. At the top of the table, Madpool take the lead on goal difference after their 6-0 victory over Winston Gardens.

Manager of the Round: Nikos9, Intergalactico Stars, Nikos takes the award this round as the only manager to receive 5 stars for tactics this round in a sea of 4 star ratings.

Player of the Round: Neal Hiles, Madpool, Hiles easily takes this award after setting up three goals in his game and scoring twice for himself, having a part in every goal scored save for one.

Edited by The Peeps

Close, but good away win against last season middle league champion. Duds Baggies at home next, should cruise through that one pretty easily.

Not surprised the top 3 teams are the top 3 from last season. The competition for the title will be though.

I'm sure DuD is thrilled to hear that. :indeed:

I don't think there's much chance of that happening with me! It's going to be very competitive this season, I expect.

Hmm, I'm not really sure what you can do, unless you bring in some more experienced players. Maybe a better keeper and one or two very highly skilled midfielders? The problem is because your league is very competitive, it's going to be harder to promote youth, win games AND stay up. You could write the season off as a no-go, accept you'll go down and just spend the year trying new things out. Or, you can bring players in, spend quite a bit of money, and leave yourself a chance.

Yeah it's a dilema. Splashed out on a decent old defender but hasn't helped too much. I'm totally happy to go down this season so I think I'm going to just be playing youth constantly - working on the theory that I'll get good dvs if I play them enough even if constantly losing means average form won't be great..

pretty sure that was the game he lost that took him out of the title race last season lol :p then he moaned in the comments about home advantage.

That was an away match. I'm a lot more worried about that. Home match, at my ground that is, should be a lot easier mostly due to sheer strenght. What I meant in my comment was that you have a very impressive home win/loss ratio, much like Odwin I think.

Will update alliances and spotlight this evening. So if you have any alliances ready to go put them into practice :D

@bob check out the comment I put on your game keep plugging away man :)

Also make sure you are training if you aren't.

Took a big risk bringing on star youth today and it didn't pay off he got badly injured :( still middle league looks to be the most exciting league already! :D

Yeah it's a dilema. Splashed out on a decent old defender but hasn't helped too much. I'm totally happy to go down this season so I think I'm going to just be playing youth constantly - working on the theory that I'll get good dvs if I play them enough even if constantly losing means average form won't be great..

JSYK, DV values will be hit by losing a lot. It sort of negatively impacts your average form for the season which then impacts overall DV.

Happy with the win today, I saw Flink's team rating today and it looked like it could propel him to the top leagues, happy to get that point of him last game now :p

It does seem pretty unfair that you get penalised even further when you lose games. As if going down/being bottom is hard enough, having low form is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

JSYK, DV values will be hit by losing a lot. It sort of negatively impacts your average form for the season which then impacts overall DV.

Happy with the win today, I saw Flink's team rating today and it looked like it could propel him to the top leagues, happy to get that point of him last game now :p

My team did pretty well today, but Charlie said that he didn't really set his team/tactics properly. Plus, he was recently promoted and away, so it wasn't going to be easy for him. I'll be happy to finish midtable. 4th would be amazing.

4th place. The new first.

I admit, I'll be devastated if I end up being either promoted or relegated.

4th will be mine! I swear to god I will not rest till you and AC finish the season above me in the promotion spots.