NEurope
The fish

mabye the nintendoON idea wasn't that far out altogether?

http://www.3dvisor.com/

These were displayed in the Consumer Electronics show yestaday, and, according to the BBC news wedsite, nintendo has purchased some...

This could turn out to be interesting.

I hope this is the last time I'll say this:

There is no visor

And there won't be any for the next ten years. And probably never.

Is the Z800 3DVisor compatible with my Playstation 2, Xbox, or GameCube? The Z800 3DVisor is not natively compatible with currently available video game consoles. You will need to use a signal converter to scale the standard NTSC signal to analog SVGA. Such converters are available from various websites. In addition, these consoles are not capable of taking advantage of the Z800 3DVisor's head-tracking and 3D capabilities. We will provide updates regarding use with upcoming models of consoles.

Personally, I think it would be cool, on all consoles, because in fps games in particular I find the lack of the ability to look round the environment in a natural way a real hindrance.

with any luck these displays will become standard :P maybe then we'll start getting holodecks? :P

http://www.3dvisor.com/

These were displayed in the Consumer Electronics show yestaday, and, according to the BBC news wedsite, nintendo has purchased some...

This could turn out to be interesting.

They cost $1000 for the European model. If Nintendo use it then the Revo will cost more than the PS3.

I don't think a visor is needed, IMO the only games you could really play are those with a first person perspective. Although it would be cool, the majority of games would not be able to make the most of it therefore IMO it would be a waste of money.

They started making REV when Gamecube was ready, so they can just be gathering ideas for the N6.But a visor is not what I want...really...prefer to play zelda in a old fashion TV where I can see the environment around me, and don't look like a fool:bouncy:

They cost $1000 for the European model. If Nintendo use it then the Revo will cost more than the PS3.

I don't think a visor is needed, IMO the only games you could really play are those with a first person perspective. Although it would be cool, the majority of games would not be able to make the most of it therefore IMO it would be a waste of money.

Do you actually know how much a mass produced visor would cost?

They started making REV when Gamecube was ready, so they can just be gathering ideas for the N6.But a visor is not what I want...really...prefer to play zelda in a old fashion TV where I can see the environment around me, and don't look like a fool:bouncy:
it's not like you'd have to be in links eyes, like a "in-your-face" game... the visor could act as the camera behind link, if they added in giroscopes to it it could even move accordingly to what side do you look in the game, I think it would be awesome for most games.

But yeah, I don't want one of those "motorcycle helm" visors. that's for madmen. Nintendo On was amazing though :P (but so far NRevolution is promising even more)

Do you actually know how much a mass produced visor would cost?
It's not to appear on revolution though, so it doesn't matter as of yet.

Nintendo has to gain ground if revolution has success though, that means advancing work and patents for the next gen.

I hope this is the last time I'll say this:

There is no visor

And there won't be any for the next ten years. And probably never.

How are you so sure? Dont state your opinion as a fact, because you may have been proven wrong.

Nintendo are still very much interested in the visor, they have said this is many interviews, but lately, a company which is currently tested visors (Sorry, cannot remember the name) has reported Nintendo have purchased a few of their current units.

I cant remember were i found this information, it may of been in a different topic on this forum.

I would of agree'd with you if you said there will be no visor this generation, because it is impossible. A low priced console, with an expensive visor? Yeah right, but within 10 years? I reckon it could happen. Every price sharply falls within 2 years, so visors could become cheap by the time Nintendo release whatever is next.

I would rather enjoy one of those 3d visors with a gyration mosue *mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm*

I cant remember were i found this information, it may of been in a different topic on this forum.

Ermmmm, how about the first post in this very thread? :laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: (this one was great :p )

Can't stop laughing....well but don't expect to use visors this generation. There's always a possibility, but..... who knows?

Lmao...i've never felt so dumb...somethings wrong with my brain...

I doubt it'll be for the Rev but I think it's possible for the next Nintendo console after it, even if it is a long shot... though moving from the rev's unique control style to another (hopefully more successful) virtual boy wouldn't be so unthinkable.

Personally, I think it would be cool, on all consoles, because in fps games in particular I find the lack of the ability to look round the environment in a natural way a real hindrance.

with any luck these displays will become standard :P maybe then we'll start getting holodecks? :P

Ok....have you ever thought about HOW THE HELL YOU WOULD TURN AROUND in a FPS?! If you want to stand up and look like a jackass, be my guest. However, most people like to relax when playing games. Also, could you imagine multiplayer?!

I can't see that Nintendo would consider a visor, either. It doesnt fit with what the Rev Controller is trying to do. If a visor were to be considered, sure a glove style controller would be better?

I don't think at this time it'd be cost effective for a visor to be the standard for playing games, a good quality one at least. Maybe 10 years or more down the line, but not just yet. I'm sure there's more to revolution than we've been tol thus far, but I just can't see it being a visor.

It could be a visor but just for one eye to display stats and stuff. DBZ fans would go nuts for that and if its done right it would look very kool.

I think Nintndo wanted to see what the concurrence is doing!

I like to see this projection thing ... now everyones blah... there are even projectors that fit in mobile phones...via laser-matrix-i don´t know.. search on google..

Everyone seems to forget the lawsuits Nintendo suffered and is still suffering from people getting seizures.

Something like that would be incredibly bad for the eyes, let aside those that suffer from seizures.

It's not happening...