NEurope
bryanee

Guardians of the Galaxy

Saw this last night, bloody loved it. Really good humour and some great moments. I might slightly share Happenstance's sentiment on the superheroes love, but it's definitely another fantastic job by Marvel nonetheless. An all round great film, looking forward the sequel already!

I love them way all these films interlock. Not enough for you to miss anything if you miss one, but enough that you want to watch them all to catch everything. It's really clever.

According to the IMDB trivia there was originally going to be a Tony Stark cameo in the movie as a nod to his appearance for a while in the new Guardians comic but it was dropped when it wasnt known if Robert Downey Jr would be signing a new contract.

Vin Diesel recording his lines for Groot in other languages

So would seem he didn't even do mo-cap for Groot, all he did was the line(s)... suppose getting him to do it in all the languages went in some way to have him earn his paycheque for it

Saw this again last night. The main guy bothers me a bit. They could have done more to make him imposing I think.

It doesn't help that the black gunk he has all over his chin makes it look like he has a pouty face.

I'm going to see this again tonight myself. Wonder how I'll feel after a second time through so soon after(not something I've often done). Did you notice any little things you missed first time round @Dr\. bob?

I noticed a few things yeah, but can't be arsed typing out spoiler boxes on my phone, so I won't say.

Look out for his pouty face though!

Watched this for the first time at the weekend great movie and very intrigued how other than the infinity stones it will tie into other Marvel stuff.

Watched this for the first time at the weekend great movie and very intrigued how other than the infinity stones it will tie into other Marvel stuff.

We already know about four of them, so there's only two left.

We already know about four of them, so there's only two left.

That's not what I was saying....I obviously already know that.

I was saying other than the infinity stone stuff which is obvious I wonder what else will tie in Marvel Stuff. Like will any of the stuff we saw in the Collectors place tie into other movies? (There are clearly things from other movies in there) Also will they mix up things like Peter's father? Have we already met him? Will we meet him before Guardians 2?

Watched this again on Friday and noticed an enormous plot hole.

Near the end when they're on Ronan's ship, they split up, and the men go upstairs to fight their way to the huge impenetrable locked door, while the green woman goes downstairs to fight blue robot and unlock said door.

The men spend 10 minutes fighting all the minions who are all gathered up there protecting the door, while green woman fights blue robot and barely wins.

Green woman then unlocks the door to let them in AND THEN BLOWS A HOLE IN THE CEILING AND JUMPS THROUGH TO THE ROOM ABOVE IN ONE EASY MOTION.

Why didn't they all just do that, circumnavigating all the goons upstairs and ganging up on blue robot?!

Fools.