NEurope
madeinbeats

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition

From Warner Financials

“And we also have a strong games release this year, which will include the next release in the Batman Arkham franchise. So all in all, we expect Warners to post another very strong year in 2013. And with a little luck, the year should be as good or maybe even a little bit better than 2012.”

From Warner Financials

Love that this has just casually come out, where's the trailer? Where's the synopsis?! WHERE'S THE HYPE?!?!?

and is it coming to Wii U...

Another GOTY contender right there if everything goes according to plan.

I guess the question is whether this is that prequel game the rumours alluded to or a continuous of City - whilst the main story ending was fairly conclusive, there were a couple of easter eggs dotted throughout the game that hinted to a much larger event still to come. But the only logical step would be to open up all of Gotham for exploration and give you control of the Batmobile and I'm not sure the current machines could do it justice on the scale that would be required to make it worth while. Despite its openness, Arkham City is pretty small for an open world game - it makes up for it via the interiors.

Whatever it is, I hope the villians are given better roles than in City where a few only turn up so you can punch them in the face and move on. Asylum is a lot better at handling the villians and their role in the story.

Word is that it will be developed by Spark Unlimited (Lost Planet 3, Legendary) and not Rocksteady.

Word is that it will be developed by Spark Unlimited (Lost Planet 3, Legendary) and not Rocksteady.

well damn. I wonder what Rocksteady are working on if that's true (i wish it was ninja turtles). Also I remember last year there was a rumour going around that the next game would be from the silver age batman era.

Edited by Helmsly

Game arrived today, played for 45-60 minutes, so far it's an awesome game. Nice to have everything on the GamePad this time around. Was tempted to play the campaign in Hard mode, but saved it for another replay instead.

Just order this today from base.com for £18.99! A steal. If it's anywhere near as good as Arkham Asylum it'll be worth every penny.

So I've now completed the main story...

Wow! Wasn't expecting The Joker to actually die!

:o

...And played through Harley Quinn’s Revenge, which was pretty cool. :cool:

But I'm still only 56% on overall game completion.

I'm also missing some combat/gadget upgrades for Batman and 3 character bios. :hmm: Do I need to start up New Game + to get that stuff, or is it just a case of finishing off side quests and collecting more Riddler Trophy's?

Edited by RedShell

...And played through Harley Quinn’s Revenge, which was pretty cool. :cool:

But I'm still only 56% on overall game completion.

I'm also missing some combat/gadget upgrades for Batman and 3 character bios. :hmm: Do I need to start up New Game + to get that stuff, or is it just a case of finishing off side quests and collecting more Riddler Trophy's?

You don't need to start a new game plus, just select the single player campaign as normal and you will be plonked back in Arkham City with the ability to swap between Batman and Catwomen at specific spots.

A good chunk of that outstanding completion percentage will be via the Riddler Revenge challenge maps. You can look at the stats on that main menu and it gives a full break down on what stuff is still left to do.

Bastard, I thought that was a hidden picture or something, not a spoiler.

Bastard, I thought that was a hidden picture or something, not a spoiler.
:( Sorry dude, 'tis in a spoiler tag though. ::shrug:

Edited it to make it more obvious.

That's a bad habit of mine (not writing anything in the spoiler tag), will make sure I explain 'em from now on. :woops:

Edited by RedShell

@RedShell, doesn't really matter dude! :p

I think I kind of had some idea anyway based on the title of Harley Quinns DLC.

Anyways, I'm thinking of maybe downloading Arkham Asylum on the PS3 (tis on sale for £7.99 or something), and then maybe picking this up on the Wii U when I get one.

So I've made a bit more progress with the collectables and side quests now, but I've also discovered that I'll never be able to 100% the game because of a glitch with the Harley Quinn’s Revenge DLC.

So a word of warning to anyone still playing this that hasn't completed Harley Quinn’s Revenge yet...

icon4.gif If you want to get 100%, make sure you fully complete HQR on your first attempt!

I only found 15/30 of the balloons on my playthrough, thinking that I'd be able to get the rest on a second run. But it turns out that once you complete it, you can't play through it again on the same save file. You can start playing it, but it will glitch at exactly the same point (early on) and send you right back to the main menu. :hmm:

WB Games apparently know about this glitch, but it can't be fixed via a patch. So instead you have to contact them, send back your disc, and then they'll send you a fixed version. Well, that's what I read online anyway. ::shrug:

I can't be arsed with that though, just to find and pop a few balloons. :heh:

Plus, if I ever want to replay HQR, I can just do so on a new save file. ;)

I just started playing this for the first time last night. All I can say is WOW!

This game is amazing and has great use of the pad. I played it on the TV with the mini map in my hand on the pad to test out how good it looked on there.

It plays great both ways.

I spent 5 hours non-stop play this and I literally didn't notice the time fly by it's that good. I just spent ages gliding around the city getting into fights. There's just so much to see and do it's a joy to behold.

Also, in the first 5 hours I seem to have done quite a bit of exploring and have been in massive fights with around 10 assailants and never once have I seen the graphical glitches or issues that some people have claimed are present.

It runs really well and I love it! If you own a Wii U and haven't played this game, get it! It really is amazing :)

So I've made a bit more progress with the collectables and side quests now, but I've also discovered that I'll never be able to 100% the game because of a glitch with the Harley Quinn’s Revenge DLC.

So a word of warning to anyone still playing this that hasn't completed Harley Quinn’s Revenge yet...

icon4.gif If you want to get 100%, make sure you fully complete HQR on your first attempt!

I only found 15/30 of the balloons on my playthrough, thinking that I'd be able to get the rest on a second run. But it turns out that once you complete it, you can't play through it again on the same save file. You can start playing it, but it will glitch at exactly the same point (early on) and send you right back to the main menu. :hmm:

WB Games apparently know about this glitch, but it can't be fixed via a patch. So instead you have to contact them, send back your disc, and then they'll send you a fixed version. Well, that's what I read online anyway. ::shrug:

I can't be arsed with that though, just to find and pop a few balloons. :heh:

Plus, if I ever want to replay HQR, I can just do so on a new save file. ;)

I've now completed the game and Harley Quinn's revenge, I got all 30 balloons on the first play through. But I started a second to see if this glitch was present on my copy and I started playing and wasn't sent back to the main menu.

Dunno if I've got a later pressing of the disk, but mine appears to work fine. I may however not have got to the point that sends you back, but I did the early part and it worked fine. I tried it a couple of times, to make sure as well.

I've now completed the game and Harley Quinn's revenge, I got all 30 balloons on the first play through. But I started a second to see if this glitch was present on my copy and I started playing and wasn't sent back to the main menu.

Dunno if I've got a later pressing of the disk, but mine appears to work fine. I may however not have got to the point that sends you back, but I did the early part and it worked fine. I tried it a couple of times, to make sure as well.

Interesting.

Yeah, maybe you have a newer version. Or perhaps the glitch only occurs if you didn't get all of the balloons on the first playthrough. ::shrug:

How's your overall game progress at the moment, are you going for 100%?

Think I made it to 65% overall, but haven't played it for a while, since getting Sonic Racing.

Interesting.

Yeah, maybe you have a newer version. Or perhaps the glitch only occurs if you didn't get all of the balloons on the first playthrough. ::shrug:

How's your overall game progress at the moment, are you going for 100%?

Think I made it to 65% overall, but haven't played it for a while, since getting Sonic Racing.

I've played for 30 hours and yet my progress is a paltry 62% lol. 100% on Harley's Revenge though and around 89% on the main story, just doing the Riddler stuff now.

I've got to the point where I play it on the gamepad alone whilst watching TV at the same time as all the interesting story bits are long gone!

I loved the game soooo much. However the end game content is so vast I very much doubt (well I know) I'll never 100% the whole game. My aim is to eventually 100% the story mode, the Catwoman content and the DLC. But as for all the unlockable Riddler content, fighting in endless arenas does little for me.

I love the combat system but fighting endless battles in a score attack mode bores me a little. Part of the fun of the combat for me was swooping down, engaging a group of enemies and often fighting them carefully to try and keep a Riddler henchman alive whilst knocking everyone else out!

I really hope the sequel to this comes to the Wii U!

Nipped out on my lunch at work to pick up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and I see this brand new for £20 in my local Grainger Games store... yes please!

I just read that the Harley Quinn's Revenge mission has some kind of bug that prevents you from replaying it once you have finished it.

There doesn't seem to be any updates for the game, so I guess the only way is to play it safe, and 100% the mission on the first time?

Just got this but probably won't play it for a while seeing as I want to get into NFS first.

Bought this. Even though I've got and finished the ps3 version... love the game and couldn't resists at that price... but will I ever play it!?!?!?! I'll sell the ps3 version an it may not ended up costing me too much!!

Bought this. Even though I've got and finished the ps3 version... love the game and couldn't resists at that price... but will I ever play it!?!?!?! I'll sell the ps3 version an it may not ended up costing me too much!!
You should definitely give it a go just to check out all the GamePad features, some of that stuff is amazing. :awesome:

You should definitely give it a go just to check out all the GamePad features, some of that stuff is amazing. :awesome:

That's why I got it. Also, when I was playing Arkham City constantly pausing and going to the map menu was really irritating; I imagine the map being there constantly makes finding missions and putting down markers makes things so much easier!