N-Europe

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition

madeinbeats

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is why I'm loving the Wii U so much. Never had PS3 and only had a 360 for a short while, so I am experiencing the best version of all these great games at great prices.

I'm in the same situation myself. Played this for the first time last night and the combat is a hell of a lot of fun. Wasn't great at it though as I had a few on me by the time I got round to playing it but graphics are very cool, no glitches or framerate issues, the sound is hella atmospheric and the story has me already.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll even finish Mass Effect now...

Edited by edza

If you all like Arkham City I really hope you'll get to try Arkham Asylum (if you have the PS3 or 360) which in my opinion is the better game. I finished AC under a month ago and even if I liked it, I still felt it wasn't nearly as good as the first one. The open world and kinda "all over the place"-atmosphere (hard to explain but there was way too much going on all the time, felt very disorienting) didn't really work for me.

Totally agree with @Roklie

Arkham Asylum was by far and away the better game. I thought Asylum was one of the best games the last gen where as City for me was a bit forgettable with too much going on. The open world was kinda neat in that you could fly around and really 'feel' like Batman, but it lost the familiarity of the locations that worked so well in Asylum. Therefore I felt it got quite forgettable and a bit of a chore getting from one place to the other.

Both still great though.

Have repurchased this (had it on 360, completed the main story but hardly touched the additional content). Looking forward to going back to Arkham! Can anyone confirm if the catwoman dlc is available to play from the start or after you reach a certain point in the story?

@daftada Available to play right from the start, as well as later if you so wish. What I mean is, the catwoman DLC is part of the story from the start, you don't have to finish the game to unlock it, but you can only play the different parts of it as the story progresses, you can't play it all right away.

Unlike the Harley Quinn DLC which you can complete before even starting the main game.

Edited by londragon
wrong info.

@daftada Available to play right from the start, as well as later if you so wish. What I mean is, the catwoman DLC is part of the story from the start, you don't have to finish the game to unlock it, but you can only play the different parts of it as the story progresses, you can't play it all right away.

Unlike the Harley Quinn DLC which you can complete before even starting the main game.

Great thanks!

Yeah, I have the special edition ps3 version and the catwoman dlc is integrated into it (though I'm sure you can play her levels separately too). I loved this game, and have recently bought the wii u version; like daftada I didn't really do much else, though i did a fair bit, so be good to play it more and the Harley Quinn DLC.

Thought I'd give NFS a break and have a few goes of this properly and now can't put it down. Really enjoying the "being Batman" feel of it although, apart from the story, it could just as easily be a "being Predator" feeling as well.

Just bought this from Amazon for £17.68.. see what all the fuss is about (Never played a Batman Arkham game before). And the best thing is even when I've finished with it the Trade-in value is ~£14 so that £4 for the Game!

Bargain!

Just bought this from Amazon for £17.68.. see what all the fuss is about (Never played a Batman Arkham game before). And the best thing is even when I've finished with it the Trade-in value is ~£14 so that £4 for the Game!

Bargain!

It really is amazing Phube. From soaring through the city on a timed run to answer a phone, fighting 15 thugs at a time (and when you get the combat) and being in control even though some have weapons, guns, shields, etc., to stealth take-downs in numerous different manners, and 'dungeons' (interiors of buildings) with their boss fights. Plus the sheer amount of side-quests that I just can't say no too. A truly Zelda meets Metroid game, with Batman as the main protagonist. I've settled into this recently and can't put it down, MH3U is on hold for the time being until this is finished.

This was £18 very well spent! LOVING this game! Loving it!!!

Sweet baby Jesus, I've just realised how long I've spent on this game in one sitting, from the start of the game too... just over 11 bloody hours! Haha

Edited by Kav

This was £18 very well spent! LOVING this game! Loving it!!!

Sweet baby Jesus, I've just realised how long I've spent on this game in one sitting, from the start of the game too... just over 11 bloody hours! Haha

Was I right? AGAIN! lol

It's amazing, I'm really pleased you're loving it as I kept going on at you to buy it! The first time I played it I was playing for 5 hours and never even noticed :)

I'm liking it so far (only just done the first Harley Quin bit) but I find batman moves around quite slowly... especially indoors and the camera annoys me a little) but I do just love running around Arkham City.

• 3 weeks later...

This game is awesome... and I'm only at 35% stupid hours in...

But one thing, how the hell did this play on the PS360, the (comprehensive) menu system must have been a nightmare using a standard controller!?

Question: Should I play Arkham Asylum before playing this one to understand the story better?

I have this for Wii U, but haven't started playing it yet.

Its not necessary to play to understand the story but either way you should still play Arkham Asylum, its a very good game.

This game is awesome... and I'm only at 35% stupid hours in...

But one thing, how the hell did this play on the PS360, the (comprehensive) menu system must have been a nightmare using a standard controller!?

Yes, obvioulsy you don't know any different but it was a pain in the arse looking at the map, laying markers down, side quests and such. So much that I didn't bother with a lot. I recently bought the wii u version and just presuming all of this is done on the fly with the gamepad!

• 5 weeks later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!