NEurope
Retro_Link

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

It really shouldn't be such an effort to know what games are being released for the Wii U.

It really shouldn't be such an effort to know what games are being released for the Wii U.

Of course it should! It's half the fun of being a Nintendo fan, you not only get to play some amazing games, but you also have to be an amateur detective in your spare time to find out what you'll be playing in the future! :p

I was like, "erm, the Special Editions were posted in this thread just a couple of hours ago", but then I scrolled up and realized that I was in the other thread.

It's like constantly hopping between two alternate universes and trying and failing to keep track of where you are at any given moment. That trailer was already posted! It was, wasn't it? Wait, am I in the green universe now? Does that mean these people haven't heard my amazing joke about how ~dramatic~ the trailer was? Should I tell it, or would it not be funny in this universe because things are subtly different?

Is this the universe where the game comes with a painted statue or the universe with a silver statue?

Oh yep good point, just went searching and found it in other consoles thread...In my defense I was concerned about the Wii U'ness, or lack there of, of the game! :D

Also there is no alternate timeline, whatever happened, happened...

This isn't coming out on the wii u is it?

It's unknown, but it likely is.

This isn't coming out on the wii u is it?
Yeah I think the latest talk/rumours were that it probably would, but who knows these days. Stay hopeful.

Splinter Cell get!

Splinter Cell: Blacklist Confirmed For Wii U

Available August 20 in North America, August 22 in Europe and August 23 in the UK.

Nintendo has confirmed that Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist will be released on the Wii U later this year.

The game will be available alongside the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC versions and will launch on August 20 in North America, August 22 in Europe and August 23 in the UK.

According to Nintendo, the GamePad will be integrated to allow players to control gadgets, take out enemies, move through the environment and switch between weapons, as well as other features. Motion-based input will also have a role to play alongside the peripheral's standard touch screen functionality.

For all the shit Ubisoft got over Rayman I dont think anyone can criticise them. They are supporting the Wii U!!

They made a mistake delaying Rayman but you've gotta hand it to Ubisoft they're supporting the Wii quite well. Splinter Cell, Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed all lined up.

Kudos to Ubi and Warners.

The box art is rank if final.

SCBL_WiiU_BXSHT.jpg

SCBL082_WiiU_Screenshot_01.jpg?w=610

SCBL082_WiiU_Screenshot_02.jpg?w=610

Edited by madeinbeats

I'm glad Ubisoft are supporting the platform, this is a game I'll definitely be buying.

No. Those are sequels too, and I'd mean more to me if NINTENDO actually pulled out 3 or 4 new IPs out of their jacket instead of another sequel.

Ah, who am I kidding. As I've said in another thread it's 50/50 with me: I want just as much sequels to my favourite franchises as I want new IPs.

It's just that the timing has to be right.

Mario certainly doesn't know when to take a break....

I'd KILL for a new 3D Mario. But to be honest, only if they'd slightly go back to the Mario 64 formula, with X number of worlds you can explore and play around with, being able to get different stars than what you came for. In general, that's a thing I want to see more of: exploration.

I never did play any of the Splinter Cell games, except for Pandora... whatever, which I got for free with my computer once. And I must say, I wasn't really all that impressed. Yet again, the part I experienced was linear as feck and I was under the impression that there only was one way to complete a level. But if this comes out for the Wii U, I might give it a shot. I'm an openminded guy in that way :)

Edited by Hogge

Chaos Theory is the only Splinter Cell that had more open levels. It's also the best game in the series.

Naturally, Ubisoft decided to change the direction of the series after that.

Also, that boobs and butt pose on the cover doesn't really work with a guy.

Firsy Wii U trailer:

From updated Amazon listing.

★ Splinter Cell Blacklist offers enhanced gameplay options on the Wii U.

★ The Gamepad mimics Sam's OpSat, allowing the player to operate gadgets such as tri-rotor drones, sticky cam and much more through touch and motion based inputs.

★ The Wii U GamePad allows for faster reaction times, letting the player mark and execute enemies, switch weapons and choose gadgets to adapt to any situation.

★ Track your friends' missions and see what Splinter Cell Blacklist players are doing worldwide through the GamePad.

I'm really looking forward to this! I love bring as stealthy as possible!

I'm so glad Ubisoft are supporting the WiiU!

I'm really looking forward to this! I love bring as stealthy as possible!

I'm so glad Ubisoft are supporting the WiiU!

To be fair the only people really giving the Wii U the shaft are EA. There's also the notable anti-Nintendo stance from Rockstar and Kojima Studios but what do people expect from them?

But Ubisoft's support is wonderful and I appreciate it. I'm really looking forward to this game.