NEurope
ReZourceman

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion

I liked the tone of The Batman. Pattinson seems like a more emo like Batman but it's also supposed to be like Year One where he hasn't quite settled with the role yet. 

Not quite sure that Znyder's cut can actually save JL. But will probably end up watching it. 

Edited by MindFreak

1 minute ago, MindFreak said:

I liked the tone of The Batman. Pattinson seems like a more emo like Batman but it's also supposed to be like Year One where he hasn't quite settled with the role yet. 

Year two but the point still stands. Only thing I'm not really a fan of is the mask. I don't think it looks right but hopefully it'll grow on me.

What's with Warner Bros carpet bombing us with information and announcements all of a sudden?

9 minutes ago, bob said:

What's with Warner Bros carpet bombing us with information and announcements all of a sudden?

DC Fandome, a DC event, takes place this weekend. 

It’s DC Fandome this weekend. It’s their own convention replacement for San Diego Comic Con.

Edited by Happenstance

Ah, that would explain it. I can see some things getting overshadowed and lost though.

Ok i've caught up with the plethora of trailers now.

Wonder Woman 1984 - This went from being the DC film i was most excited about, to one of the least. The first trailer looked great, but this one was a bit flat. The villain looks weird, as does the swinging from lightning bolts via lassoo (wtf?). I'm a bit confused by Chris Pine's character as well - he's just aged normally, and is living in 1984 as an older man, but he has never heard of radar? He's not a time traveller or anything is he? Just a moron? 

Justice League v2 - Honestly I don't see how different this film can be from the original, but it would be interesting to see how a different edit can be. The original was a bit of a mess, and this one looks to be the same. Not too excited about it being 4 hours long either.

Suicide squad - Another remake because they fucked up the first one? This looks pretty good actually, even if it's obviously going to be compared to GOTG simply because they got the same director. It looks painfully obvious they went 'how can we have our own GOTG film?' and then just hired the same guy and told him to make the same film. It even has the directors brother as a CGI mustelid again. There looks to be way too many characters introduced at once as well, but maybe it'll still be good - X-men manage it.

Black Adam - Looks interesting. Might be carried by The Rock's charisma alone. Pity the whole movie won't be in the style of the trailer - that would be pretty cool actually. I'm assuming they are going to have this one link into Shazam at some point?

The Batman - Remake because we fucked up the previous ones? Let's gooooo! Trailer looks pretty good. Looks to be much more like the Nolan one, which would obviously be good. Quite looking forward to this one.

I actually hope the Suicide Squad and Black Adam do well, because it would be nice for some of the more interesting DC characters to be featured. Superman is such a terrible character, i don't know why they don't just dump him and look elsewhere.

1 minute ago, bob said:

Ok i've caught up with the plethora of trailers now.

Wonder Woman 1984 - This went from being the DC film i was most excited about, to one of the least. The first trailer looked great, but this one was a bit flat. The villain looks weird, as does the swinging from lightning bolts via lassoo (wtf?). I'm a bit confused by Chris Pine's character as well - he's just aged normally, and is living in 1984 as an older man, but he has never heard of radar? He's not a time traveller or anything is he? Just a moron? .

The trailer makes it pretty obvious that Steve Trevor has just been brought back by Diana’s wish or whatever, the same way Kristen Wiig’s character is turning into Cheetah.

5 minutes ago, bob said:

The Batman - Remake because we fucked up the previous ones? Let's gooooo! Trailer looks pretty good. Looks to be much more like the Nolan one, which would obviously be good. Quite looking forward to this one.

I would think of it as less of a remake and more like Joker. DC are now planning on doing different versions of their characters for some of these movies, The Batman isn’t linked to the DCEU (even though I put it in this thread). Granted they could change all that with The Flash movie and merge things together but for now they are separate.

Just now, Happenstance said:

The trailer makes it pretty obvious that Steve Trevor has just been brought back by Diana’s wish or whatever, the same way Kristen Wiig’s character is turning into Cheetah.

Shit, did he die in the end of the last one then? I forgot that if so. That does make more sense.

I just re-watched the trailer because i thought I missed something, and it still isn't very clear imo. I thought the guy saying you could have anything you want was just hyperbole, not an actual magic wish. 

1 minute ago, bob said:

Shit, did he die in the end of the last one then? I forgot that if so. That does make more sense.

I just re-watched the trailer because i thought I missed something, and it still isn't very clear imo. I thought the guy saying you could have anything you want was just hyperbole, not an actual magic wish. 

When combined with the fact that you know he died it makes more sense.

Given the majority of the country has no open cinemas it's a bit strange they are waiting a month. 

On 21/12/2020 at 3:28 PM, Ashley said:

Given the majority of the country has no open cinemas it's a bit strange they are waiting a month. 

Especially as it's getting released digitally in America on the 25th December.

21 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Wow, Harley Quinn, Birds of Prey...whatever the fuck it’s called is shite.

Yet it's still one of the better DCEU films.

2 minutes ago, Cube said:

Yet it's still one of the better DCEU films.

Nope. Pretty much bottom of the barrel for me.

I think it was alright. Not great but had some good moments. The last part of it was not good, though.