Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressions of the WiiU version from a PS3 gamer (very positive)...

In regards to the game, it's a shame we'll not be able to livestream but still, the control options more than make up for it. I see the WiiU version as the definitive version indeed!

Here's a head to head comparison with the PS3 version. The Wii U version looks much better!

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-screenshot-comparison-wii-ups3xbox-360/

I can't tell much of a difference. Certain textures appear sharper, while the pic of that black guys face seems to have more details.

For some reason, the Wii U's colours generally appear to look more washed out. Also, the PS3 version looks a bit darker, so I can't tell if there are some more shadows, or it's just the textures coming out darker.

Also, I'm quite generally concerned about the lack of people playing this online.

Edited by Hogge

I can't tell much of a difference. Certain textures appear sharper, while the pic of that black guys face seems to have more details.

For some reason, the Wii U's colours generally appear to look more washed out. Also, the PS3 version looks a bit darker, so I can't tell if there are some more shadows, or it's just the textures coming out darker.

Also, I'm quite generally concerned about the lack of people playing this online.

- The Wii U has a more realistic colour balance - this is especially noticable on the shots of the white characters who have a greenish tint on the PS3 version.

- The PS3 has noticeably lower texture resolutions - these are most notable on the rocks, hair and grass. The PS3 version is blurry.

I'm not sure why anyone would have thought this game would have a massive online community out of the gate - especially compared to the 360 and PS3 communities.

You're talking about a console that launched on Sunday and is only out in one territory! What were you expecting?

Numbers will gradually creep up as we get to Christmas and the Wii U is actually released elsewhere!

I concur, how can people not realise that you won't have thousands online immediately?! The console has only just released, the install base needs to grow first! Also, people will have budgeted this month for the console and certain games, they may have prioritised other games over this one until they can again afford to purchase this. After Xmas and into early next year the numbers will pick up.

Impressions of the WiiU version from a PS3 gamer (very positive)...

In regards to the game, it's a shame we'll not be able to livestream but still, the control options more than make up for it. I see the WiiU version as the definitive version indeed!

Wow, can't believe the twitch on that, it looks like he's using a mouse. Can the 360 version twitch as much as this? I haven't seen it if it can.

So I didn't know this needs WiiMote+ to work! I don't understand why when it's IR based? I've got an add on but would put me off slightly I think

I'm on the lookout for a black WiiMote+ now.

That's news to me. Several people have reported over on the Official Black Ops forums that they're using the original Wii Remotes without motion+.

Panic over. The guy in the video Kav posted mentioned he couldn't get his to work without it! Guess I need one anyway but no so urgent. Will play the waiting game then.

Which controller will u guys use?

i think i go for the gamepad :P, i am not very good with the wii remote lol.

and i kinda fell in love with nintendos new controller, i've seen how smooth the new internet browser works for the wii u, Html5 etc, so i can play my free mmo game with the controller lol command & conquerer Tiberiumalliances :P

one more question, with how many players can u play online?

and i kinda fell in love with nintendos new controller, i've seen how smooth the new internet browser works for the wii u, Html5 etc, so i can play my free mmo game with the controller lol command & conquerer Tiberiumalliances :P

I'll be playing with the Wii Remote and nunchuck. However, I think both the classic controller and the gamepad will each have their advantages. The gamepad will obviously have the advantage of the mini-map and touch screen set-up for streaks.

I'll also use the gamepad from time to time simply for off screen play!

Also, great idea about using the gamepad for browser based games. I'll probably use mine for things like that too occasionally. Also, it'll be nice to post on the forum for the first time using the pad!

Also, I was going to sign up for the free C&C game, is it any good?

I'll be playing with the Wii Remote and nunchuck. However, I think both the classic controller and the gamepad will each have their advantages. The gamepad will obviously have the advantage of the mini-map and touch screen set-up for streaks.

I'll also use the gamepad from time to time simply for off screen play!

Also, great idea about using the gamepad for browser based games. I'll probably use mine for things like that too occasionally. Also, it'll be nice to post on the forum for the first time using the pad!

Also, I was going to sign up for the free C&C game, is it any good?

yeah its really addictive lol, i would love to see a console mmo version of that game.

I'll be using both the Wiimote as well as the Gamepad just to mix it up a bit. Although I'll mainly use the Wiimote as I believe it to be the best FPS controller on a console.

I've been watching some videos of the WiiU version and some of those people have said that the Classic Controller Pro is best for sniping, they didn't say why.

So I'm asking you guys, why would it be best for sniping? and have you played with the CCP in previous CoD games for the Wii?

EDIT: Another review

http://www.gamesradar.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-wii-u-review/

I've been watching some videos of the WiiU version and some of those people have said that the Classic Controller Pro is best for sniping, they didn't say why.

So I'm asking you guys, why would it be best for sniping? and have you played with the CCP in previous CoD games for the Wii?

EDIT: Another review

http://www.gamesradar.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-wii-u-review/

If you're using the Wiimote, use an ACOG

If you're using Dual Analogue, use a regular scope (or thermal/variable)

The reason I advise this is because with a regular scope the crosshairs are fixed in the centre of the screen and moving it isn't quite as comfortable/stable when using a Wiimote due to this.

But the Wiimote + ACOG is better than Dual Analogue + regular scope for sure. I'm pretty beastly with the sniper rifles, using both control methods, but the Wiimote + ACOG is definitely the way to go!

We WILL be adding back the cursor sensitivity setting in our next update. I do not have any information on a date for that update as it is dependent on timing with Nintendo and our own ability to test the updates.

As for everything else on the list, we will review each issue and see what can be done. This is a good thread for us to find the issues on, so feel free to keep posting here. We comb the forums constantly to see how you guys are doing out there.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200542823?start=0&tstart=0