NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Kirby 20th Anniversary Disc

"Nintendo fans found a spectacular way to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the iconic Kirby™ video game character. On Sept. 1 at the PAX Prime conference in Seattle, 536 attendees gathered together and set a new Guinness World Records® achievement for the most people blowing a chewing gum bubble simultaneously. Participants had fun blowing bubbles that resembled the round, pink Kirby and helped Nintendo of America celebrate, after a representative from Guinness World Records confirmed the official record-setting count."

Kirby3.jpg

Kirby2.jpg

Kirby1.jpg

Source: Gonintendo

That's quality! :bowdown: Makes me sad that I couldn't be part of it. :(

Any idea whether or not we are actually gonna get this collection over in Europe yet?

I thought this had a 2012 release date. I'm guessing it's been pushed back to 2013 like most of the other games Nintendo announced for 2012.

You're right. I thought it had. I'm still disappointed though, been looking forward to picking it up :)

No chance that this is coming to EU now. They've already publicly announced that Nintendo has dropped all 1st party support for the Wii and NOE has never really treated the series well, with constant inexplicable delays and a general lack of care for the character (save for the sole exceptions of Kirby Mass Attack and Kirby's Adventure Wii, which both saw near simultaneous releases alongside the US)

Just softmod your goddamn Wiis and download it/region free your system and import a copy.

Push aside Nintendo's stingy breast and fend for yourselves.

I already packed up and sold my Wii. Besides, this game was not on my "must have -list" anyway. I would have bought for collection purposes if it was released, but I'm not gonna pout about it. I understand NoE's decision, as Kirby's sales in Europe have been a bit nifty.

Also, it seems like during these days on downloads, Nintendo seems to be the one of the few to still release packed compilations of their older games.

Just softmod your goddamn Wiis and download it/region free your system and import a copy.

Push aside Nintendo's stingy breast and fend for yourselves.

I think it would make more sense to play the games on an emulator, take pictures of yourself doing so and sending them to Iwata. "Hahaha, I didn't want to pay £20 for twenty-year-old games anyway!"

Such a shame they treat it with such nonchalance, the kirby games/series have made up a massive part of my gaming life; and some people won't even get a chance to re-experience them!

I don't normally promote piracy, but fuck nintendo! Go emu SuperStar - it's lovely and bright and got a brilliant soundtrack imo.

Such a shame they treat it with such nonchalance, the kirby games/series have made up a massive part of my gaming life; and some people won't even get a chance to re-experience them!

I don't normally promote piracy, but fuck nintendo! Go emu SuperStar - it's lovely and bright and got a brilliant soundtrack imo.

Well, all of the games on the collection are available on the Wii and 3DS VC already, so it's not hard to see why they might not see it as worth releasing over here...

The big loss here is the extra Kirby Returns to Dreamland/Kirby's Adventure Wii Challenge Mode stages. I haven't picked up the US version yet, but that's the sole thing I want it for (got all the games on the VC anyway).

So I actually went to the effort of importing this game from the US. Because I've used applications on the Wii to run NTSC games on my PAL Wii in the past I thought it'd be plain sailing. So I put the disc in and loaded it up. Unfortunately... none of the classic games work. I've got a feeling it's because the classic games are included as if they were VC games, that is to say, as a separate executable.

Little bit gutted really. At least all the stuff I can get to is nice.

So I actually went to the effort of importing this game from the US. Because I've used applications on the Wii to run NTSC games on my PAL Wii in the past I thought it'd be plain sailing. So I put the disc in and loaded it up. Unfortunately... none of the classic games work. I've got a feeling it's because the classic games are included as if they were VC games, that is to say, as a separate executable.

Yeah... They're literally VC games on a disc, so they have all sorts of problems when being run through homebrew means.

But TBH, the main draw of the collection disc is the New Challenge Stages mode anyway ;) The actual games can be bought elsewhere anyway (and almost all of them in 60hz in Europe to boot!)

Sorry you had this problem. I would be gutted too. It's actually one of only two games I nearly imported for the Wii - the other being Metroid Prime Trilogy to get the metal case.

I was sad when Kirby Anniversary didn't get a release, as I love collectors editions.