Winston Gardens

Silverdale Hotpot

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transcript of the draw

[19:28] == Jimbob [[email protected]] has joined #n-europe

[19:28] -Q- [#n-europe] Would you like to AFLONG AFLONGKONG ETCHISK, not-dave?

[19:28] <MadDog> greetings

[19:28] <MrMilaGi> aloha

[19:29] <Jimbob> This ain't it, is it. Only seems to be 4 teams in

[19:29] <MadDog> pretty sure more will join

[19:29] <MrMilaGi> Aqui1a is coming on soon

[19:29] <Jimbob> Give em 5 more minutes

[19:30] == Aqu1ai [[email protected]] has joined #n-europe

[19:30] <MrMilaGi> My bro won't be on for the draw as he's in Blackpool

[19:30] <MrMilaGi> Peeps is @ work

[19:31] <Aqu1ai> Why would anybody go to Blackpool :(

[19:31] <MrMilaGi> lolol

[19:31] <Aqu1ai> lol I've hated it each time I've been

[19:31] <MrMilaGi> especially on a National Express coach

[19:31] <MrMilaGi> took him near enough 8 hours

[19:32] <Aqu1ai> Kept getting fleeced by those fellas facing the seaside

[19:32] <Nikos9> probs the most depressed town in england this wewekend

[19:32] <Aqu1ai> They literally stopped me at each one.. must have lost at least £150 trying to knock things down and gets darts in a Heart

[19:33] <Aqu1ai> ;P

[19:33] <Aqu1ai> stupid Blackpool..

[19:33] <MrMilaGi> haha

[19:33] <MrMilaGi> were the darts just bad or was it your aim?

[19:33] <Aqu1ai> bit of both

[19:34] <Aqu1ai> Mostly me

[19:34] <Jimbob> Who won between Aquilla and Winston

[19:34] <Aqu1ai> Winston

[19:34] <Aqu1ai> 2-4

[19:35] <Aqu1ai> :(

[19:35] <Jimbob> Shame

[19:35] <Aqu1ai> lol

[19:35] <Nikos9> where's that SOB Haden!? :P

[19:35] <MrMilaGi> i tried to do a football one in Magaluf... not good after copious amounts of alcohol...you end up thinking you're david beckham :\

[19:35] <Jimbob> Think this is it, which is another shame really.

[19:36] <Aqu1ai> haha

[19:36] <MadDog> ive just updated the table

[19:36] <MadDog> is the stream up yet Jimbob?

[19:36] <Aqu1ai> Did you say Andy beat Essex Elites?

[19:36] <Jimbob> Cheers, i shall begin the draw now. Yes it is.

[19:36] <MadDog> andy won 2-0

[19:37] <Aqu1ai> :0

[19:37] <MrMilaGi> more luck than judgement i reckon

[19:37] <Aqu1ai> You would say that haha

[19:37] <MrMilaGi> "i had a feeling he'd play 4-3-3..." like shite, pure guess lol

[19:38] <Jimbob> Thats not me

[19:38] <Jimbob> STREAM IS UP!!!

[19:38] <Aqu1ai> lol

[19:38] <Aqu1ai> Anyone got the link to the stream?

[19:38] <MrMilaGi>

[19:38] <Aqu1ai> ty

[19:39] <MadDog> all ready

[19:39] <Aqu1ai> Local derby xD

[19:39] <MadDog> yeeeeeesssssss

[19:40] == Tales [[email protected]] has joined #n-europe

[19:40] <Aqu1ai> lol

[19:40] <Tales> What did I miss?

[19:40] <MadDog> you vs inter tales

[19:40] == Haden [[email protected]] has joined #n-europe

[19:40] <MadDog> oooo nice game

[19:41] <Tales> I'm out then

[19:41] <Aqu1ai> Gutted

[19:41] <Haden> whoops completley forgot about this!

[19:41] <MrMilaGi> lol

[19:41] <Haden> whats happened so far

[19:41] <Aqu1ai> lol

[19:41] <Haden> away draw for nikos?

[19:41] <MadDog> we are all done haden :p

[19:41] <Haden> haha sorry jimbob

[19:41] <Nikos9> yep!

[19:41] <Nikos9> as usual :P

[19:42] <Haden> what are the draws?

[19:42] <MadDog> posted them on n-e

[19:42] <MadDog> im up for the semi draw

[19:42] <Haden> nice

[19:42] <Tales> since we're done, is there a general music thread on N-E?

[19:43] <Haden> oh wow eights inter

[19:43] <Jimbob> Those who are up for a live semi draw, let us know in the usual way

[19:43] <Haden> thast a epic match

[19:43] <Haden> i am

[19:43] <Tales> found it

[19:43] <Haden> sorry i missed out jimbob

I'm in the chatroom waiting, but there's nobody else in there. :(

Quarter Final Draw

Leeds M.O.T

Madpool

Eights United

Intergalactico Stars

Rising Phoenix

Andy All Stars

Winston Gardens

Silverdale Hotpot

Haha shit, well that's me out, a good run was had. That said Peeps had an alright game at home so who knows? Or not.

Soz I couldn't make the draw, last ever uni exam tomorrow, arguably more important. Arguably.

Nice of @MilaGi to have a little swipe at me in the chat.

Also, it is easy to guess Andy will be playing 4-3-3 considering his forwards > midfielders.

Oooh no Ell, not at all. It was aimed towards my bro, not you! His 4-3-3 was predictable, I agree. The point I was making was my brother had totally guessed your tactics... (my bad thinking you'd picked 4-3-3 when it was 4-4-2). That probably came across differently in the chat ;)

Can I just give Inter a bye and be done with it? :p I rather play someone else and not lose massive form.

I accept...ah, maybe I should have said that before I accepted the challange! :p I still don't understand how you've never beaten me - your team has always been stronger than mine!!!

I know, I don't get it either. You probably beat me with tactics a few times, but after 9 times...oh well 10 times the charm as the saying goes. Beat Madpool the 10th time after losing 9 straight so maybe it's my magic number :p

Quarter Final Draw

Leeds M.O.T

Madpool

A match between two rivals! While Leeds had a hard time in the upper league this season only a fool would underestimate them at home. They have earned 2 victories in the past against Madpool but it would be a brave man to bet against the quality that Madpool have all over the pitch. Still I think Leeds will make this very close:

(Prediction 1-1, Madpool through on chances)

Eights United

Intergalactico Stars

An interesting stat here, out of their 9 games Inter have won 6, the rest are draws. From those draws Inter made more chances in all 3. Inter are literally Eights Cup nightmare. This is the pick of the games and I envisage a game that will come to life with drama, niggly play, injuries and chances. With Inter finding a way through to the Semis.

(Prediction 2-2, Inter through on chances)

Rising Phoenix

Andy All Stars

All Stars have done great so far shocking Dragooooo and AC Elites but their run will surely end here. Rising had a poor season but caused the odd shock and dealt well with Bubbles they will win at a canter in this one, still the experience will be great for the All Stars who will aim to play at this level in a few seasons.

(Prediction Rising Phoenix 4-0 Andy All Stars)

Winston Gardens

Silverdale Hotpot

Another intriguing game, Silverdale are the top league champions and Winston are a relatively new side who are doing very well for themselves in both the cup and league. Silverdale have the quality all over the pitch and Winston may look to make life difficult at home. Still Silverdale should have the possession to keep the game open.

(Prediction Winston Gardens 1-3 Silverdale Hotpot)

Round Two

***Real Peeps 1-3 Silverdale Hotpot****

The middle of the middle league faces the might of the elite champions in a surprisingly close game today. Real Peeps go for safety first with a 5-4-1 formation while Silverdale play in a confident 3-5-2 away from home. Real Peeps took an early lead after Ernst Heinzmann got a goal in the 8th minute which left Silverdale playing catch up for the rest of the half. Both teams had 2 chances in the first half with Silverdale equalising in the 42nd minute with a goal from Julian Wacek. The second half was also closely fought with both teams getting good chances in but Real Peeps started to waver as the minutes ticked away while Silverdale still had plenty of stamina. In the 71st minute Eric Hudson pushed Silverdale into the lead and just 5 minutes later, Kevin Morrow scored too which meant Silverdale had a clear lead. Real Peeps put up a fight but there was no question of who was going to emerge victorious in this game.

***Leeds M.O.T 1-0 The Comerade Co-op***

Both teams will be changing leagues next season so this is one of the few times these teams will get to play each other. It has been nearly a year since their last game and the records show Leeds have beaten Co-op 6 times out of as many games. Leeds start out in 4-4-2 while Co-op play in a careful 5-4-1. After a closely fought first half, Leeds came through 1-0 thanks to a goal scored by Marvin Townshend in the 32nd minute. Both teams managed 2 chances in the first half but that was the only goal. Co-op were more offensive in the second half and took the lead in chances but neither side was able to score which means Leeds are through to the next round.

*****DuDs Baggies 0-2 Madpool****

Baggies were close to winning the middle league this season and achieved promotion but Madpool show them what it is to be an elite team in this game. Baggies tried out a 4-3-3 formation against Madpool’s 4-4-2 which may have left them too weak in midfield and allowed Madpool to slip through. Baggies did quite well against Madpool for most of the game, keeping things tight throughout the first half. Both teams had one attempt on goal but neither scored. It wasn’t until late in the second half when Baggies players started to feel fatigued which allowed Madpool to increase their chances. In the 71st minute Archie Gay strolled into the penalty area to score a goal for Madpool with a second goal coming from Reggie Hales in the 80th minute.

*****Andys Allstars 2-0 AC Elites****

Allstars team doesn’t look like much but they’ve caused quite a stir in their first two games by beating teams stronger and more experienced than their own. Allstars took advantage of their forwards with a 4-3-3 formation while AC Elites played 4-4-2. The first half was a deadlock with both teams gaining one attempt on goal but neither scoring. Allstars caught a break in the second half when the unfortunately named, Ponce Calviño, scored in the 56th minute. Allstars kept possession and were able to score again in the 79th minute when Juliano Arteta scored after a freekick taken by Alejo Felipe. Allstars are now through to the next round to face Rising Phoenix and win or lose, they’ve already proven themselves to be a strong team.

****Dragooooo 0-6 Intergalactico Stars****

These two teams have never played each other but Intergalactico Stars are the clear favourites. They won the last N-E cup and are no strangers to winning away from home. Quite frankly Intergalactico walked all over Dragooooo in this game as the report is nothing but goals for Inter! Zinedine Zidane scored first in the 13th minute and Terry Hogan followed it up with another in the 34th. Eddie Guerrero increased the lead in the 40th minute and Ronald Ronaldo joined in with a goal in the 42nd minute. Intergalactico gave Dragooooo some room to breathe in the second half after racking up 9 chances in the first but Dragooooo only managed one attempt and Intergalactico couldn’t keep themselves from scoring again. In the 70th minute Terry Hogan scored again for Inter and just before the final whistle blew he makes the hattrick in the 92nd minute. Intergalactico decimate Dragooooo 6 goals to nil.

*****Coloccini 0-3 Eights United*****

Eights were suffering from referee troubles in this game but it didn’t hold them back too much as they won 3-0. Eights played 3-5-2 while Coloccini opted for 4-4-2. Gunnar Hilmo was first to score to put Eights ahead in the 37th minute. Coloccini had a couple of chances in the first half but there was no beating Eights’ keeper. Eights scored again early in the second half with a goal from Hjalmar Seljevold in the 53rd minute. Eights kept the attacks coming, managing a further 6 attempts on goal in the second half but suffered a minor setback when Egon Håpnes was red-carded, leaving them with a 2-man defence. It didn’t matter too much as it was the 89th minute and Marvin Capwell even scored for Eights in the 92nd minute!

*****Aqui1a All Stars 2-4 Winston Gardens FC*****

All Stars have a bad history against Winston Gardens having only beaten them once in a friendly but their last game ended in a 4-4 draw with All Stars away from home. Unfortunately for All Stars this game did not go so well. Winston Gardens played safe with a 5-4-1 while All Stars focused their midfield in a 4-5-1 formation. Gardens were first to score with a goal in the 7th minute coming from Clyde Crane. Archie Rosebotham increased their lead in the 16th minute while All Stars struggled to keep up. In the 27th minute Scott Page took a freekick for All Stars and scored but their only other chance in the first half went wide while Gardens dominated with 5 chances. All Stars performed better in the second half but so did Winston Gardens and they were first to score again with a goal coming from Cris Ross in the 52nd minute. Bradley Thomas scored for Gardens in the 83rd minute and they were now leading by three goals. Cody Freeman started to close the gap in the 88th minute by scoring for All Stars but it was too late for a comeback and Winston Gardens go through.

****Rising Phoenix 3-0 Bubbles FC***

A one-sided game today as Rising Phoenix stomp all over Bubbles FC who are now in a 6-game losing streak. Rising Phoenix attack in full force with a 3-5-2 formation while Bubbles go for an even 4-4-2. Jean-Jacques Piquet was first to score for Rising Phoenix in the 26th minute, the only goal of the first half. Kal Eklind scored next in the 59th minute and Stan Kingston got the last goal in the 85th minute. Bubbles didn’t manage a single attempt on goal all game while Rising Phoenix only missed one of their chances. An easy win for Phoenix in what should’ve been a close game but Bubbles have lost their form lately and need to find it before the next season starts!