NEurope
f00had

The Simpsons Arcade Game HD

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/01/31/heads-up-playstation-plus-update-1st-february-2012/

6789386697_b4bf42fec7.jpg

First of all, we have a brand new PSN title for you at no extra cost, The Simpsons Arcade. The year – 1991. Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to chase down the nefarious Smithers, who has kidnapped Maggie! Play as either Homer, Bart, Marge or Lisa and track him down before it’s “too lateâ€, (too late for what I’m not entirely sure…) and save the day! The Simpsons Arcade will be available until the 29th February, so make sure you grab it in the first 4 weeks of this refresh.

Now I'm not sure when the game will be released for non-Plus subscribers and Xbox Live players but I did find an achievement list so it's gotta be some time soon.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/the-simpsons-arcade/achievements/

I'll wait for the XBLA version...

... and then I'll wait for it to go down in price! :p I've got enough to play anyway.

Great news for PS Plus subscribers though. :)

I'll see what the price is before i decide if i download it straight away or not, 800ms is standard for arcade titles these days.

Free don't mind if I do! Glad I never bothered getting the ipod version this will be way better!

One of the Playstation guys have left a comment here saying that it's been delayed to next Wednesday because of Americans. http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/01/31/heads-up-playstation-plus-update-1st-february-2012/comment-page-3/#comments

So of course, things never run smoothly, just as everything was going so well…

Konami have contacted us this morning and informed us that The Simpsons Arcade will need to publish on February 8th to be in line with the game’s release on Xbox Live Arcade and in SCEA.

Unfortunately, this is not something I have the power to change and it means you won’t be able to get your hands on The Simpsons until next week – February 8th. Believe me, I’m as disappointed as you are. The game will still be available for four weeks, so the new removal date will be March 7th, when we refresh the Plus update.

The rest of the February Plus refresh will go ahead as planned and we will keep Back to the Future: The Game in there for one extra week so you’re not flying ‘gameless’.

I do apologise for this guys, I will try and make it up to you later in the month with something extra to say sorry.

Konami being asshats. What a load of rubbish. Its ok to release stuff months(MGS HD) in the USA first yet when its europe Noooooooooooooooooooooo. Fuck off Konami. Fuck off with your late releases.

Konami being asshats. What a load of rubbish. Its ok to release stuff months(MGS HD) in the USA first yet when its europe Noooooooooooooooooooooo. Fuck off Konami. Fuck off with your late releases.

I don't think its necessarily Konami don't Microsoft have polices about stuff releasing on XBLA at the same time as PSN and Wiiware (lol)

Apparently it will be arriving on XBLA this Friday, although there does seem to be a little confusion in regards to this. Some are saying Friday, others are saying next Wednesday. It will be priced at 800msp.

Classic! Can't wait.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

WooHoo! It's on the 360 marketplace now, at least the PC marketplace. I've just bought it so it's ready to download when I get back in.

eeeeeee such great memories playing this in the arcade back in the day :D havent got internet at mo but as soon as do will be playing this to death great game.

i certain website gave this game a 3.0 wtf is that shit

I imagine the reviewer is reviewing it by today's standards, which is fair enough. I personally had a blast playing through it again, so many memories came rushing back.

My nephew was around mine while I was playing it and he had never seen or played it before and thought it was terrible. When my sister came to pick him up she got all giddy when she seen it and we started reminiscing about playing this at Blackpool arcades when we were kids. Happy days. :D

Taken out some PSN funds in anticipation for the PSN release. Will finally get past dreamland and see how it ends. But more anticipating the future stages more than anything.

Taken out some PSN funds in anticipation for the PSN release. Will finally get past dreamland and see how it ends. But more anticipating the future stages more than anything.

There's only 1 more stage after Dreamland. :)

There's only 1 more stage after Dreamland. :)

Really? Can't believe I got so close to finishing it back then. Shame back then only had pocket money.

I don't think its necessarily Konami don't Microsoft have polices about stuff releasing on XBLA at the same time as PSN and Wiiware (lol)

I dont understand. At least its free for PS Plus users.

Downloaded it Friday, finally got 'round to properly playing it today! I'm loving it so far, it reminds me of being on holiday years ago but without the vast amounts of sugar and dancing to S Club.

I've been playing it online which is great! Just drop in/drop out as oppose to the ridiculous "find players and then start game" of the Turtles arcade game, which meant waiting about 10 mins for 1 player before them dropping out 30 seconds later anyway.

It's really fun and aged better than I would have thought, it's pretty cool how you can team up with other players (one sits on the shoulders of the other, which allows you to throw punches for MASSIVE DAMAGE) and pick up items to throw at people. So far I've thrown the three eye'd fish, Santa's Little Helper (bless him) and a giant boulder that even Chunky Kong would be proud of.

Some achievements are pretty easy (after about 30 mins I've already got 4) but I've had a look at the others and they seem pretty beastly and will surely add some re-playability to the game! (Complete the game in 30 mins or less, complete the game with each character, etc)

Definitely worth the 800 points in my eyes and if you have PS+ then you'd be foolish to not download it.