N-Europe

Name That Game: 2012 Edition

Dog-amoto

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51. Tales has got this covered. (It's an SRPG, if that narrows things down for you.)

52. Peeps may actually have played this game! Though in his last post in the official thread he complained about forgetting to pre-order it, so maybe not.

53. A classic adventure game.

54. A cool nineties platformer.

56. Cube wouldn't like this game.

57. So close, Jonnas! So close. ;)

59. I may have a been a bit too crop-happy with this screenshot! You all know of this game, and I'm guessing most of you have played it.

60. This game was featured in a recent round.

Screenshots201249-60_zps2e1e00a6.jpg

Edited by Magnus

53. Space Quest

54. Spyro the Dragon

56. Super Mario Sunshine

59. Portal 2

60. Heavy Rain

No, but one of these guesses is almost correct... but for another screenshot. :heh:

57. Timesplitters 2 (I swear, I don't know whose mug that is, and I thought I put a great amount of hours into that game)

It's not TimeSplitters, but you have already guessed this game this round.

Yes!

Finally! The curse hath been broken!

No, sorry. When I said your guess was almost correct, I meant you got the right series for the wrong screenshot. :p

59. Super Mario Galaxy

(But if you're referring to Spyro, I'm never going to get it)

Oh, and 54. Pandemonium

54. Fire&Ice: The Daring Adventures of Cool Coyote

No, but that does look pretty cool!

I meant 'cool' as in your typical mid-nineties, sunglasses-wearing cool platformer, by the way. The title is only a single word.

I'm sure I recognise 53...

Did you use to play adventure games back in the mid-nineties? I'd like to think the game is pretty well-known, but when it comes to adventure games, the developer is probably mostly known for a series that saw a sequel fairly recently.

Congratulations! th_Foam.gif

Good. It was vagualy familiar....to a lot of games :p Only played it for a couple of hours or something a long time ago. Never really liked it.

As for the rest of the pictures I have no clue :p Random guess:

60. Disney's Dinosaur.

Good. It was vagualy familiar....to a lot of games :p Only played it for a couple of hours or something a long time ago. Never really liked it.

Well, good on you for recognizing it, then! :p

It took me quite a while to start to enjoy the game too, but in the end I really enjoyed it.

Over leveling a bit helped!

60. Disney's Dinosaur.

No, sorry. There are no dinosaurs at all in this game! Lots of other strange creatures, though.

I had a dream where I had one of Magnus's screenshots open on my laptop while I was playing a game on my xbox - suddenly the screen is showing EXACTLY the same screenshot, only the word above the door reads "Screedoor" in the screenshot rather than "screendoor" in-game, so I figured it was the wrong game and didn't bother submitting it as a guess...

True story.

53. A classic adventure game... made by one of the two companies that released most of the classic adventure games back in the day.

54. A cool nineties platformer... that was never released on a Nintendo system, but its sequels were.

56. Cube wouldn't like this game... but a lot of people did, and it got good reviews when it was released fairly recently.

60. This game was featured in a recent round... and the fourth game in the series (going by how the publishers have chosen to number the games) is likely in development at the moment, though nothing's been announced yet.