NEurope
Shorty

iPhone 4S October 14 starting at £499

As I am still a iphone 3GS user then I shall most likely be upgrading to this!

Pitty it isn't a iphone 5 but still some nice little upgrades. Don't think my contract runs out until January though and I was thinking of changing networks!

So are Three the only big network that offers unlimited data now?

I found out that last month I used 780MB of data - and that's without downloading or updating any apps at all.

Siri sounds good - though I honestly can't see myself using it when I can just tap the weather app with my finger?

Great for asking it random questions - like finding restaurants etc, but for general stuff that there is already an app for, it seems a bit pointless.

I've tested it a few times (Android) and it works fine on there. There are just zero situations where I'll use it instead of just doing what I want a different way.

So are Three the only big network that offers unlimited data now?

Three's The One Plan is amazing. Especially with the WiFi Hotspot usage. I've used over 10GB in a month.

Whats going on with this? What new features does the 4s have and where is the 5?

Thought of reading the original post? Or spending 30 seconds doing some research yourself?

Thought of reading the original post? Or spending 30 seconds doing some research yourself?

Well, won't the majority of software features also be made available on the iPhone 4?

The way the threads were ripped meant that post lost its context.

Care to make a post that contributes something rather than simply trying to chastise someone?

LOLIRONIC because of this postlol

Let's correct that with an example:

Three's The One Plan is amazing. Especially with the WiFi Hotspot usage. I've used over 10GB in a month.

Could you explain what WiFi HotSpot actually is?

I thought I understood it but I don't think I do if you've used over 10GB.

I may look at getting this on a Three contract then...

My girlfriend will hate me because I managed to convince her to go on GiffGaff as well, and now I'm leaving.

She'll think I'm a traitor and will try to stab me again.

Could you explain what WiFi HotSpot actually is?

I thought I understood it but I don't think I do if you've used over 10GB.

It turns my phone into a WiFi Hotspot. Which means I can connect other devices (Laptop, Touchpad, 3DS, Home Consoles, etc) to it via WiFi to utilise the 3G connection. I'm not sure how good the iPhone one is (some WiFi Hotspots are Ad-Hoc only or something) but I've had no issues with the HTC one.

When I was living at my Grandma's, the connection was 4Mbps (compared to the 3Mbps broadband) so I was using it most of the time (unfortunately where I live now the signal isn't great).

So you can essentially tether your PC to your phone and... that's fine by them?

So you can essentially tether your PC to your phone and... that's fine by them?

Yup, The One Plan allows tethering (their other contracts don't, though).

It turns my phone into a WiFi Hotspot. Which means I can connect other devices (Laptop, Touchpad, 3DS, Home Consoles, etc) to it via WiFi to utilise the 3G connection. I'm not sure how good the iPhone one is (some WiFi Hotspots are Ad-Hoc only or something) but I've had no issues with the HTC one.

When I was living at my Grandma's, the connection was 4Mbps (compared to the 3Mbps broadband) so I was using it most of the time (unfortunately where I live now the signal isn't great).

My one with the iPhone4 is fine. I used it to tide me over when we didn't have internet in the new flat we are in.

I tethered on T-Mobile as well last month, using my 5800 as a wifi hotspot :heh: (speed was nowhere near as good as it was on Three though)

Companies are much more lax about tethering now, since it's hard to tell the difference between downloading huge apps, browsing the internet and streaming things on your smartphone and tethering.

Well, I went into town and ordered myself a white 4S today. About a year ago, I got a phone call from Vodafone saying that 'because I'd been a valued customer for X amount of years...' I'd be able to get a free handset when I upgraded, even if it was a new iPhone. Of course, when I went in today, there was no record of that ever happening, so I still had to pay the upfront cost. :( Still, it should be with me on Friday! :D

I've preordered one for £700. Bit crazy maybe, but my contract isn't upgradable until July. Sell my iPhone 4 for over £350. Then in July I can either get a 4S and sell a brand-new one for pretty much full price (get my money back) or go on a simplicity contract... Not sure yet!

And mike, though your contract may be up in January, most providers let you upgrade up to 3 months early so find out when you can!

And mike, though your contract may be up in January, most providers let you upgrade up to 3 months early so find out when you can!

Yeah, it's the end of this month I can but I want to change networks! Fed up of Orange's shit signal where I am.

Hmm... I guess this is where I look into maybe getting in on the iPhone with an iPhone 4 at a reduced price.

Yeah, it's the end of this month I can but I want to change networks! Fed up of Orange's shit signal where I am.

Ah okay, you'll have to wait to January then. But at least then you won't be a part of the stampede for one and can figure out the best deals and such. I will say that after having network trouble, O2 is pretty much flawless and they have a policy to reward existing customers before new customers, like with the iPhone 4s, customers get first digs on it before they offer it out to new customers which is refreshing to see (sky take notice!)

Ps resident evi?!?!?

I'm actually tempted to pick one of these up. Three are doing the iPhone 4S 16GB on The One Plan for £35/month, 24 month contract (student discount bringing that down to £32/month). The phone costs £99, but there's £109 Quidco cashback available. The One Plan allows tethering, so I could cancel my mobile BB and sell my MiFi. Basically I've worked out that I could save £10/month by cancelling my Vodafone contract and jumping over to Three. It might cost me £245 to cancel it, but taking in to account the monthly saving along with the money I'd get for the Mifi and my current phone, and I think I'm covered.

If I don't like the 4S then I could always sell it on for at least £400 anyways.

That would be good, Three's 3G is broadband-quality. Cube raves about the One Plan and with that quidco the handset is basically free.

Me, I'd rather be on rolling contracts or cheap SIM-only deals. Like right now I'm on a £7.50/month deal from T-Mobile, 12 months for which the contract is up next month. Then I buy handsets at full price, look after them and sell them when I next want to upgrade.

I have The One Plan for my iPhone 4 and it's awesome. Never have to worry about going over, rarely have signal issues (usually only on trains or out in the sticks when I lose 3G) and it's just generally awesome. I'd go for it

My 4s arrived around 12:30 today. :D

Loving it.

Hate that they have changed the iPod app to the 'Music' app and changed the icon for it too.

That is annoying.

Aside from that - it's lightning quick, the camera and video camera are amazing, and Siri is a great little function.

:heh:

I've not taken the iPhone plunge yet, I'm still weighing up the best option, I don't know whether to go Pay as you Go which is the cheaper option in the long term or contract which obviously is cheaper short term.

I'm glad you guys got yours, I didn't. The Vodafone eForums are loltastic at the moment, Vodafone just seem to be telling everyone different thing. Many of the staff said if you ordered before Wednesday at 6pm, you'd get one today. I ordered mine on the 7th and i've heard nothing, not even a dispatch email. What fucks me off is that the've taken their money yet didn't have the decency to tell whether it was going to come today. I've wasted the whole day waiting in for it and am not highly amused.

I'm in the same situation with Vodafone as you, JonSt - I was hoping from a text from my wife all day saying that my phone had arrived, but got nothing. Nothing until 6.15, that is, when Vodafone assured it'd be with me tomorrow. I hope they're right, as I was supposed to be going out tomorrow, so I'll be annoyed if I have to stay at home for nothing!

I'm glad you guys got yours, I didn't. The Vodafone eForums are loltastic at the moment, Vodafone just seem to be telling everyone different thing. Many of the staff said if you ordered before Wednesday at 6pm, you'd get one today. I ordered mine on the 7th and i've heard nothing, not even a dispatch email. What fucks me off is that the've taken their money yet didn't have the decency to tell whether it was going to come today. I've wasted the whole day waiting in for it and am not highly amused.

I ordered mine from Vodafone and got it sent to the Byres Road store. On Wednesday the guy in another shop told me that Wednesday was the last day for guaranteed pre-orders.

The store itself was an absolute shambles. They only had 2 people working who were dealing with everyone. I got in at around 1pm and there were 5 or 6 people standing around waiting to be served. No sign of a queue or anything. The CSR's were taking ages and chatting away to whoever they were serving about random things at the end too. Took 45 minutes to pick up a phone I had already paid for!