N-Europe

Extra Life 15th October 2011

Goafer

Just realised that we don't have a thread for this years Extra Life. So, yeah, here it is.

For those who weren't here last year or don't know about Extra Life, it's a global event where gamers play for 24 hours solid to raise money for childrens hospitals and charities.

Flameboy, Mike, Happenstance and I did it last year and it was ace. Great fun and we raised a whole heap of money. We're planning on doing it again this year. If you would like to sponsor us, the link to our team page is Here.

As far as I know, we're planning to stream the whole thing like last year.

Last years game list:

71504_10150293547200187_506080186_15383961_6454905_n.jpg

Edited by Goafer

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realised that we don't have a thread for this years Extra Life. So, yeah, here it is.

For those who weren't here last year or don't know about Extra Life, it's a global event where gamers play for 24 hours solid to raise money for childrens hospitals and charities.

Flameboy, Mike, Happenstance and I did it last year and it was ace. Great fun and we raised a whole heap of money. We're planning on doing it again this year. If you would like to sponsor us, the link to our team page is Here.

As far as I know, we're planning to stream the whole thing like last year.

Last years game list:

71504_10150293547200187_506080186_15383961_6454905_n.jpg

I was only thinking today about starting up a thread soon! ha.

Here is a vid flameboy put together last year with slideshow of pictures:

Last year as a group we raised $451.022 which when converted is about £285.669.

I thought I'd leave it and see who cracked and got most excited and started the thread. You win Luke! Properly excited for this years event. Still a ton of planning to do and things to work out but I hope this year is better than ever, set our team target as $600 this year so heres hoping. The N-Europe community as a whole were fantastic last year and gave us a ton of money.

Hopefully we indulge the live stream even more than last year and put on a show so you guys will donate more money!

The games I have either bought and saving for extra life or may need finishing up/multiplayers to play are as follows:

Dragon Age Origins

Enslaved

Red Dead Redemption

Resistance 3

Killzone 3

Split Second

Saints Row 2

Little Big Planet PSP

Plus will have Child of Eden and ICO+Shadow of the Collosus HD Collection

I have not decided what games to play other than i shall be starting with sonic 1 and making my way through them like last year.

Rest assured though i will be taking all my current gen consoles and games just incase i have an urge for something at some point! :p

Like wasting your time playing PixelJunk Monsters and getting none of the trophies so therefore getting no process in the game at all LOL

Flameboy mentioned something about a prize draw for people who donated over a certain amount (I believe it was £5, but I could be wrong/it may change).

I have finished my prize for the event, a framed print of this:

ExtraLifeStylePreview.jpg

It will hopefully be 25"x8" if I can get the necessary frame from work. The final design might change, but only the font. The background is every game we* played last year. Will hopefully get it signed by this years participants if we remember.

*Mike, Flameboy and I. I don't have a list of Happenstances games and I'll be buggered if I'm redoing the background now.

Flameboy mentioned something about a prize draw for people who donated over a certain amount (I believe it was £5, but I could be wrong/it may change).

I have finished my prize for the event, a framed print of this:

ExtraLifeStylePreview.jpg

It will hopefully be 25"x8" if I can get the necessary frame from work. The final design might change, but only the font. The background is every game we* played last year. Will hopefully get it signed by this years participants if we remember.

*Mike, Flameboy and I. I don't have a list of Happenstances games and I'll be buggered if I'm redoing the background now.

That's awesome! Amongest the other prizes I have collated will be this printed on a canvas:

thumbnail.aspx?q=1184800314296&id=9633893a9ab3b70ea821a6369c987736&url=http%3a%2f%2ffc05.deviantart.net%2ffs39%2fi%2f2008%2f347%2f7%2f5%2f1UP_mushroom_design_by_mrockz.png

(it's actually hanging up in my lounge right now)

My FB friends R stingy. I R zero donations. :(

I think you will find that those kind of sponsors will come up better during the event itself. Don't worry I have no sponsors either but it will pick up as we draw near.

Hmmm, tempted to get Resident Evil 4 to play during Extra Life. Ive never played it before as ive never liked the previous ones (playing them anyway, quite enjoyed watching them be played) but its one of those games that people always go on about so im thinking I should.

I was also thinking about Extra Life. Im suprised its not held slightly later in the year. They must know that fall is massive for game releases so its a shame its held just before all the good stuff is due out.

Hmmm, tempted to get Resident Evil 4 to play during Extra Life. Ive never played it before as ive never liked the previous ones (playing them anyway, quite enjoyed watching them be played) but its one of those games that people always go on about so im thinking I should.

I was also thinking about Extra Life. Im suprised its not held slightly later in the year. They must know that fall is massive for game releases so its a shame its held just before all the good stuff is due out.

I have it on Wii if you want to play that and save yourself the money?

I get what you mean about the date but I have two thoughts on it. Firstly putting it just before the mad rush gives it more press rather than during a time where publishers will be hassling sites/paying them for coverage plus also the event was created as Jerome Adams of Sarcastic Gamer lost a relative so I wonder if the date is tied into that somehow?