N-Europe

Fire Emblem Awakening

Hero-of-Time

Yeah I guess you right...but yeah it's in the demo...

Wow, really? It's like they didn't want it to be a secret. ;)

How long is the demo?

The Japanese site has some nice wallpapers which I was going to link to but yeah, spoilers. Again. Needless to say I added 2 of them to my wallpaper rotation.

Edited by Ike

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, really? It's like they didn't want it to be a secret. ;)

How long is the demo?

The Japanese site has some nice wallpapers which I was going to link to but yeah, spoilers. Again. Needless to say I added 2 of them to my wallpaper rotation.

Not long at all...Just had a check it took me 31 minutes but then I wasn't rushing through it, quite a few cut scenes.

I'm in two minds about this game...with a view how to play. Something that Casual mode offers along with the no one dies if the ability to save anywhere...now my gaming time at the moment is very limited and I don't know when at the drop of hat I will have to stop playing. So that appeals in so many ways as I don't want to be just leaving it in sleep only to forget and the battery dies leaving me losing progress BUT everyone keeps saying the permadeath is the only way to play Fire Emblem.....so yeah...who knows what the hell to do.

Apparently it's on sale here already so I'm gonna have a look around the shops when I'm done work :yay:

I'm in two minds about this game...with a view how to play. Something that Casual mode offers along with the no one dies if the ability to save anywhere...now my gaming time at the moment is very limited and I don't know when at the drop of hat I will have to stop playing. So that appeals in so many ways as I don't want to be just leaving it in sleep only to forget and the battery dies leaving me losing progress BUT everyone keeps saying the permadeath is the only way to play Fire Emblem.....so yeah...who knows what the hell to do.

Apparently it's on sale here already so I'm gonna have a look around the shops when I'm done work :yay:

Fun fact: Fire Emblem allows you to suspend play. It doesn't save permanently, but you can pick it up again any time you want to.

Also, recent Fire Emblems have made it so you can permanently save mid-chapter, under limited conditions (usually once per chapter, or something). Not sure what Awakening does, but I wouldn't be surprised if that feature returned (in fact, I expect it to).

Fun fact: Fire Emblem allows you to suspend play. It doesn't save permanently, but you can pick it up again any time you want to.

Also, recent Fire Emblems have made it so you can permanently save mid-chapter, under limited conditions (usually once per chapter, or something). Not sure what Awakening does, but I wouldn't be surprised if that feature returned (in fact, I expect it to).

So are we talking like a one time suspend type thing where you can pick up from where you left but not reload from that point like a save point? Because my concern with the 3DS suspend feature is that the battery will die at some point and I can sometimes go a long time without playing and forget I'm suspended...used to happen with PSP all the time.

If only there was some kind of digital version we could download if we can't get hold of a physical copy. ;)

I would definitely consider a Digital version of Awakening I know that I'll be putting plenty of hours into this game. However, it would depend on what special offers/promotions will be provided by NOE at launch.

e.g. The Artbook that NA got.

Also just saw this on IGN under it's Advanced Tips & Tricks. section.

#2.

Turn Off Battle Animations

say-what.jpg

I'm thinking digital is the way to go due to the DLC, saves swapping carts. I don't exactly need an art book either. ;) The US one was pretty nice from what I saw though.

There's a full OST (5 disks if I recall) due out in March, been checking my normal import sites but none have it up yet.

lol, you're definitely sorted in the Art book department.

I hear ya though, I'm kinda torn for this game actually. Even more so, thanks to the amazing box art

FireEmblemAwakening_BoxArt.jpg

Since this is a MAJOR title, I would love a box for it too. Guess I'll find out in the run up to launch.

If only there was some kind of digital version we could download if we can't get hold of a physical copy. ;)

Meh would have been such a pain in the arse.....

My credit card doesn't authorize on the eshop...no idea why it's fine with every other such service except for the eshop...plus eshop vouchers here are only sold in $20 dominations (and only available in Future Shop) so would have had to buy $60 worth because the game is $39.99 plus tax (14%) in the eshop. Finally the really fucked up thing is you buy tax on the voucher in store and on the eshop so it ends up being $39.99 + 28% I'd rather wait and get it boxed to save that little bit of money.

Um, yes they can? Just not usually with each other.

And I don't know how important procreation is in this game, but getting married and having kids sounds like an optional thing, so I don't see how having childless marriages would break the game.

Gays can't procreate.

I dunno....

I watched a show the other day, where a woman who wanted to be a man was dating a man who wanted to be pregnant and a woman but a butch looking woman. One of them looked like a drag queen and the other looked like Cartman from South Park. They had a pretend baby who was black (neither of them were black so it seems weird trying to get them to relate to this baby that is not indicative of their own, this is important because the man who wanted to be a woman and had a boob job thrashed its head against a car door) and then one of them had a baby. I'd spent the whole show confused as to actually was having the baby. It was almost like a twist ending when one of them finally did give birth :p

So to summarize anyone can procreate these days and you shouldn't assume what someone's body can do based on their face and in the next Fire Emblem I expect to be able to be a transsexual/transvestite/eunuch. Hows about a system where I can pick a face gender/body gender and genitalia gender.

Well apart from that one case you mentioned, it can't happen.

Sperm + Sperm = No Baby.

Besides, my point was that one of the main outcomes of FE:A relationships /marriage is the possibility of having children that can also join your party and help out on the field of battle.

Edited by -Dem0-

Well apart from that one case you mentioned, it can't happen.

Sperm + Sperm = No Baby.

Besides, my point was that one of the main outcomes of FE relationships /marriage is the possibility of having children that can also join your party and help out on the field of battle.

Apparently they're on the cusp of being able to take the chromosomes from two sperm cells and fuse them in an inert egg, in either XY or XX combinations. So it may be possible soon.

Surely in the Fire Emblem world magic could affect a similar outcome! ;)

So, DLC has been coming out already in the NA version of the game, and...

-Champions of Yore 1 costs 2.50$;

-Champions of Yore 2 also costs 2.50$.

-CoY 3 is coming, and will likely cost the same.

However, a pack containing the 3 episodes will be made available for 4.00$.

This is good news, honestly. I was worried all this DLC would add up, but 4 dollars (as long as the European conversion is done properly) sounds like a great price for it

Is there a definite uk release date for this yet?

It is not even mentioned on the Nintendo uk site.

I have a preorder for some time in may from shopto but I reckon that is a guess more than anything.

As the game I the one aim most looking forward to of all the imminent Ames I out be quite interested to know!!!