NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Fire Emblem Awakening

Marth is happily married to Caeda. He's unambiguously straight.

Wait, does that mean that the rest of the cast...?

Lots of gay people are married to women.

Lots of gay people are married to women.

I know, hence the "happily" :heh: I just did it for the lame joke, anyway.

Trying to show something with Marth going the other way?

He probably can't see very well with that mask on.

Marth is happily married to Shiida. He's unambiguously straight.

Fixed the name :P Caeda was an odd translation and it was only for the US version for some reason.

Fixed the name :P Caeda was an odd translation and it was only for the US version for some reason.

Really? :red: I really need to play SD properly, instead of searching for the localised names online :heh: I already knew the names of Shiida and Jeigan before SD was released, anyway, good to know she kept her name in Europe.

Think they changed some other names in the US version as well for some reason, can't remember who though. Her fan translation name was spelt Sheeda before Shadow Dragon came out.

Monster Hunter was great, KH was Awesome, now THIS? It's too much now, this is just plain unfair (if it stays in JP) it looks beyond awesome. any inside pics Ike?

Just saw the Bundle-Box on Gonintendo:

23soy.jpg

Edited by -Dem0-

We've literally just been over this in the previous page :heh:

Do want that bundle :grin:

We've literally just been over this in the previous page :heh:

Do want that bundle :grin:

I know, but without any knowledge of the series it meant nothing to me.

New Details from Gonintendo via http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/02/friends-can-help-you-win-fire-emblem-awakening-battles/:

- allows for local wi-fi dual tags

- allows nearby allies to join you in a skirmish

- friends act as extra support

- also supports StreetPass for My Unit exchanging and side-story maps

- features a bond system, which affects battles

- develop ties when fighting together on the battlefield

Looks like there's a couple of new classes, "Battle Monk", "Trickster" (new Thief?) and "Taguel" (they transform into the animal mole... things).

Pretty nice trailer, the Dual mechanics are looking really good. Krom looks friggin awesome! can't wait to kick ass with him in the next smash ;)

This was from Gonintendo via Siliconera:

- Marth appears, seen above

- features Clea from Fire Emblem Gaiden, Ira from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, and Innes from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

- expect rare items as downloadable content

- supports StreetPass for cooperative and competitive play

- uses local wi-fi for battles

- dual system can give an immobile armor knight a Pegasus so he can move further on the battlefield

Armour Knights on a Pegasus sounds scary.

I know, but without any knowledge of the series it meant nothing to me.

It means nothing to those of us with knowledge of the series, too :heh:

Modern times Fire Emblem is just Advance Wars isn't it? :P

Edit: New trailer!

Edited by Ike

Seems Nintendo are going all out in terms of downloadable content and StreetPass features for Fire Emblem.

Nintendo Announce Cool Fire Emblem: Awakening StreetPass Details

I really like the idea of people you pass giving you their team members to add to your squad.

I was reading... somewhere, I foget exactly, and they had a translation of some of the Japanese articles and they say that whilst the guy in the mask goes by the name of Marth, no one is genuinely sure if he really is thee Marth and that's one of the threads of the plot.

I think a modern day FE really would be like the Ghost Recon game on the 3DS. I'd still end up getting it, providing it wasn't supposed to be awful, but I think they'd lose so much in the process to such an environment that most of the series charm would be lost in an instant.

Seems Nintendo are going all out in terms of downloadable content and StreetPass features for Fire Emblem.

Nintendo Announce Cool Fire Emblem: Awakening StreetPass Details

I really like the idea of people you pass giving you their team members to add to your squad.

It's both greath, and rather strange, to see Nintendo push FE in this manner. They seem to be really making a big deal out of this one like it's becoming the new posterboy, in Japan, at least (Kid Icarus seems to be egtting the treatment over here right now). I just hope they are equally entusiatic when it comes to the international release.

Nice video even if it's nothing especially new. Glad to see they've fixed the shadows on the characters. I was trying to listen to the music but it's a bit difficult with the voice over guy yammering on :p I could hear a remix of A Battle and a Beginning from FE9 but there's a bit further on that made me think it might be Ike's Resolution instead (IR is a mix of 3 songs). Either way, it sounded good and I wouldn't turn up my nose at its inclusion.

I wish this game was coming out over here sooner as it really is the only 3DS game I'm genuinely looking forward too that has anything resembling an actual release date.

Dunno if this was already known but the marriage system is back. YAY? :hmm:

The second Iwata Asks column for Fire Emblem Awakening reveals that this original 3DS entry in the series has love elements

Genki Yokota, the game's director on Nintendo's side, explained that one of the major themes for the new game is love of the characters, so he really wanted to add a marriage system to the game. Producer Hitoshi Yamagami felt the same way, saying that the marriage elements from Super Famicom's Fire Emblem Seisen no Keifu, the first time such elements appeared in the series, left a great impression in him.

For Awakening's marriage system, they increased the variation of the possible couple combinations. You can marry any of your allies, and your My Unit characters too.

The development staff created special graphics for proposals. Some on the team even suggested that they make kiss faces for all the characters.

I guess there's more incentive to have characters interact with each other during gameplay now, what I want to know is whether having certain allies marry one another would bring some kind of benefits.

EDIT:---------------------------------------------------------------------------

More DLC Details from: Gonintendo via http://andriasang.com/con0hv/fire_emblem_dlc/

- topic of download content came up towards the end of the project

- the question of whether they should do DLC came up, rather than the team saying they were

- Iwata feels that DLC shouldn't appear as if you removed main game content to turn into DLC

- Kohei Maeda, director at Intelligent Systems, says his team is working on DLC and will continue to do so

- players will receive a "SpotPass Team" on a nearly daily basis

- team will consist of characters made in the image of past Fire Emblem characters

- fight them, make them into allies, and more

- roughly 120 teams will be received through SpotPass

- a first-person option was added because the team thought it would would go well with the 3D

New Trailer & Commercials.

A few more details on the marriage system from ONM:

"Birth, life, marriage and death. It's all in the new Fire Emblem 3DS game. Yes, just as in Harvest Moon games, you can get married and have children in Nintendo's new strategy game."

I didn't know that they could also have kids, this could lead to 'Breeding' guides or 'How to maximise the stats of your kids' tutorials etc. :laughing:

would there be a limit to the number of children? how would they grow up? or how fast? wouldn't this mean that the parents would be preoccupied in child rearing to partake in war?

... I'm thinking a bit too much about this :shakehead

Edited by -Dem0-

No, Dem0, you aren't thinking too much about this. Fire Emblem 4 uses a similar mechanic, and fans who've played that game know the ins and outs of the different available pairings. Should this game be similar, I expect something even more varied.

And Magnus, of course there are going to be gay characters, that was a given :heh: