NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Fire Emblem Awakening

They all seem pretty gay to me.

And now, thanks to this game, they all will be. :hehe:

Some new details about the first DLC.

"Nintendo has shared details on Fire Emblem Awakening's first round of download content. Classic Fire Emblem character Marth will appear in the game as a ¥300 download. Clear a map, and you'll get to make Marth into a party member.

Marth will be available for download on April 19, opposite Awakening's release. The DLC will be free through May 31."

23vxt.jpg

I was wondering if he would be recruitable in-game, but I guess that answers that.

Does he fit naturally into the story?

Part of the story revolves around a character dressed identically, apart from a mask, who is called Marth. Of course, this still doesn't prove whether they are one and the same but regardless, it would suggest the genuine Marth isn't recruitable as Ike commented above.

Depending on how his inculsion is handled, there is no reason to see why he wouldn't fit perfectly. The only stumbling block is if there has been any significant passage of time since Mystery of the Emblem.

So ¥300 is about £2.34 so let's call it a nice round(ish) £2.50.

Is that fair game for just one character?

Wow, with that price, I expect it to include something besides Marth. Maybe Marth has some importance in unlocking certain sidequests?

It does sound pricey doesn't it. When I first put it through the calculator, I thought I did it wrong.

Hopefully it will be more than just him but this is all they are saying for now. Maybe I'm being greedy but for that price, I'd want a couple of characters plus a map. The levels can't take that long to make. I know now it's 3D they are more complex than the 2D tile maps of old but even then, it's not a huge leap after the initial creation of the scenery. Same with Characters. The models aren't overly complex and assuming they have there own custom animations, it still isn't many sequences. If they don't, they could easily apply the model skin to an existing character and reuse the animations if they have the same size frame.

"Famitsu didn't give out any tens this week. But one game did get high marks form the magazine's four person review crew.

Fire Emblem Awakening, the first 3DS entry in the series, scored 9, 9, 9 and 9 from the four reviewers, making it the best reviewed game for the week."

Very sweet all 9's for Awakening.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three New Commercials.

A new 8 Minute Trailer showcasing the classes.

So ¥300 is about £2.34 so let's call it a nice round(ish) £2.50.

Is that fair game for just one character?

Sounded to me like you get a map as well. Launch DLC is free in Japan for a month as well.

How much would be reasonable for new characters? 99p with a map? 49p for only a character? 1p? :P

Edit: Battle Sisters are amazing!

Edited by Ike

The cheaper the better but if they made it £2.50 for a mission and a character that seems like ok value to me. ::shrug: It'll be interesting to see how Nintendo price their DLC and how it pans out for them.

1UP.com normally have some translated info from the Famitsu reviews but I'm not seeing anything yet.

Fire Emblem Awakening Soundtrack for JP Club Nintendo.

http://andriasang.com/con0n4/fire_emblem_awakening_club_nintendo/

Like many of its major releases, Nintendo is commemorating the release of Fire Emblem Awakening with a soundtrack available through Club Nintendo. And like past soundtrack releases, buyers of Awakening will be able to get the soundtrack at discount.

The soundtrack normally costs 400 points. Register a copy of Fire Emblem Awakening through October 21, though, and you'll be able to pick up the soundtrack for 250 points.

23w70.jpg

That's a really nice cover.

I want this.

Fire Emblem Awakening Soundtrack for JP Club Nintendo.

For a Nintendo Franchise, Fire Emblem has done quite well when it comes to releasing OSTs over the years... not that they ever make it this far but for a while, the series didn't either.

Hopefully they can make this available via the Stars programme like the Galaxy soundtracks though I doubt I'd have enough to get it.

The Japanese Club Nintendo always gets the good stuff. They recently got the Kid Icarus Uprising soundtrack and also those cool looking polo shirts where you could slam your own Nintendo emblems on them. :mad:

Sounded to me like you get a map as well. Launch DLC is free in Japan for a month as well.

How much would be reasonable for new characters? 99p with a map? 49p for only a character? 1p? :P

Edit: Battle Sisters are amazing!

A map plus a character sounds more reasonable but when it said "clear a map", I just read it as finish what ever level you are on and they will join.

Watching the class video though and I was a little taken aback by just how similar a lot of the animations are between the different classes... (magic seems to be lumped under one category, like the other Akaneia games, further reducing variety) which goes back to my point about extra characters just being reskins. I suspect Marth will move exactly like the already established Lord class and then you start to ask what are you actually paying for? A 3D model, with no animation built in, plus the 2D artwork.

If the game has 25 levels and 30 characters to begin with and an RRP of £40 which covers everything, then 1/16 of the price for a fraction of the content since you've already paid for the game mechanics seems a little out of line.

I see DLC as a matter of what do I get for my money versus what I already have for the money I've spent.

After 10-12 characters/maps, you be knocking on the door of the asking price for the full game online. The full scale 3D fighting games on the HD machines only command £5 for a player character which I suspect has a substantial amount more of time and effort put into it than would be required for this.

Edited by Captain Falcon

All of the Class changes can be found here. (With Images)

Edited by -Dem0-

Awesome.

tumblr_m2ml18UzDQ1qzp9weo1_1280.jpg

But, it appears as though the game doesn't have an inverted cover.

Hmm, if that's true it explains Marth's increased pansyness. but then what about the deep voice during the trailers when they show the Masked non-Marth. is that just his voice playing during that specific scene?

I probably shouldn't have read that spoiler :P

I'll forget by the EU release anyway

That cartridge art is great though.

Marriage details about Nono

tumblr_m2ojwi8Eiw1qzpbds.png

- You can get married to Nono

- eventually the marriage is consummated and she has a kid

- Nono is a Manakete, a race of dragons that can take on human form

- they tend to age very slowly in their appearance

- The following is a conversation between Nono and her grown-up child, Soso

Conversation with her child

Soso: “But really, what did dad see in mom? She’s so childish, and yet he saw her as a woman… don’t tell me he’s one of those who can only feel attracted to little girls?”

Nono: “Gah! Soso… how can you talk like that about your own father…! Oh, God…”

Edited by -Dem0-

Jesus Christ, what have they done to Roy? I mean, I don't mind a redesign, but this is a bit extreme, considering how plain he looked before.

Maybe it's a retcon on his promoted form?

I thought he had claws on his right hand, when I first saw the image.

He does look pretty epic though.