NEurope
Dan_Dare

Grindr goes straight, launches Blendr.

link

So we all know Grindr- electronic gaydar and cruising app for the masses. Hugely successful an all.

well now there's a straight version. Interestingly, the site and vibe of the app is consciously sex averse and aimed at a female audience. It's going for a friends angle over casual sex.

Anyone interested? I have a] a girlfriend and b] no iphone, but I like the idea of a location based social tool like this. Could take off and be pretty great, but is it right for a straight audience?

lol. I bet it'll still be predominantly males on there, even pretending to be female to troll others into standing around looking like fools.

It's all a bit creepy, really.

Blendr? Should have called it Wankr.

Totally going to do what J7 suggested.

lol. I bet it'll still be predominantly males on there, even pretending to be female to troll others into standing around looking like fools.

So just like NE then?

180542_103645899711585_100001985263163_22729_3072603_n.jpg

"Social networking" has to be one of the most flagrant misnomers of our time. Each new app just seems to be a further excuse not to talk to people.

Why? If you want casual sex then why bother going to clubs, getting pissed, spending loads of money, when you could just have two adults who are both looking for the same thing, easily find it.

"Social networking" has to be one of the most flagrant misnomers of our time. Each new app just seems to be a further excuse not to talk to people.

I don't think the point of grindr/blendr is to "talk" to people.

I've met two good friends through Grindr, and 3 people I've had sex with that have genuinely added to my life; I think it's a great thing. I'm not sure this Blendr will work as well, mostly because the gay sex culture is quite different to straight sex culture.

I've met two good friends through Grindr, and 3 people I've had sex with that have genuinely added to my life; I think it's a great thing. I'm not sure this Blendr will work as well, mostly because the gay sex culture is quite different to straight sex culture.

Yeah and think this is where the "problem" with Blendr lays. This has been in the offing for quite some time and was reported a while back since then me and my friends have discussed it and one gay guy said he did use it and had slept with people off it, we basically came to the conclusion you have.

why is the name grindr or blendr?

I feel like if I meet someone they will mash up my bones and turn me into a human smoothie which doesn't do wonders for my paranoia. :heh:

*Walks in to post Doc Wu-Man pic*

*See's that Goafer has it covered, walks out*

Old bromances never truly die.

Yeah and think this is where the "problem" with Blendr lays. This has been in the offing for quite some time and was reported a while back since then me and my friends have discussed it and one gay guy said he did use it and had slept with people off it, we basically came to the conclusion you have.

For a bit I thought you meant,

"... conclusion you have [slept with people off it]."

Instead of what you actually meant,

"... came to the [same] conclusion you [did]".

For a bit I thought you meant,

"... conclusion you have [slept with people off it]."

Instead of what you actually meant,

"... came to the [same] conclusion you [did]".

LOL no I meant came to the same conclusion about the effect this would have on the straight dating scene.

why is the name grindr or blendr?

What is niggling my brain is that a name which resembles the word "bender" is being used for straight people.