Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Suggestions

Ashley

Once again, unprofessional as f***.
You obviously ignore the whole point of my post. This is not a profession. This is something we do in our spare time for your sakes. We do not get paid. We did not go to school and learn how to do this. There was no apprenticeship involved. You cannot find us in the yellow pages. We're just kids and young adults like you, but with the responsibility of keeping the bigger idiots in check. Do you think we sit in an N-E Forums office, having meetings and chatting about the old days by the coffee machine?

Ironically, if this was a profession, it would be the very opposite of unproffessional!! The higher ups in employment have bigger offices, bigger desks, bigger cars, bigger paycheques. You're just arguing for the sake of hating 'the system' - but this is how things work all over, and how they're going to work here.

Wake up to the real world, man.

Hey guys, I'm just a new member I know and you'll probably think of me as an arrogant prick for suggesting something having only been here for 10 minutes. Well I'm a member of another forum and there we have a scheme whereby members get rewarded for quality of posts/funny things/helping out by receiving stars. The stars system works by each member getting a certain number of stars at the beginning of every week and the amount depending on their post count. They then give the member of their choice a star by clicking on a little button and have the option of giving them a little message as to why they've gave them the star. It's a way of encouraging members to improve the quality of their posts and create a little bit of friendly rivalry thus making forum activity more frequent and the quality of SPAG (spelling, punctuation and grammar) increasing. It's just a suggestion and in theory I think it could work well for this place. Anyone have any thoughts/issues? My main concern is how easy it would be to implement

That's rep, Starguitar, just in a different guise. And it's been discussed on the last couple of pages, I'm afraid. We tried it once and it's not going to happen.

By the way your signature is a little too large for our guidelines, which say 500x150 ;) Please fix that, and welcome to the boards :)

Edit: by the way, you're our 3,000th member, have a cookie!

wow 3000 members already :o !

i thought it was only a few months ago that there were 2000

anyway to the point. i'd like to suggest that the banner on the streatchable theme be centered and have the black stuff on the edge taken off.

i know for a fact that this only takes 10-15 min to do

Yes but do you know for a fact how much the graphics monkeys have to do :p

Besides, I intend on doing a rotating header thing like the site has when I get some free time over the next few days (working a few hours tomorrow and got Tues and Weds off so thenish) so it would be a bitch.

However I am working on this:

stretchcz5.jpg

Want to get rid of the white thing on the right, unless people don't really have any objection?

As you can see, it just stretches the body over the background basically.

I suggest that the Handheld board and the GCN board switch places. The DS and the Wii are the 2 present Ninty iterations and, well, the GCN is pretty much down and out.

Edit:

I know nothing about coding websites, so apologies if this is a naive question, but would it be so hard to centre the forum on the page rather than have it adjusted to the left?

I know nothing about coding websites, so apologies if this is a naive question, but would it be so hard to centre the forum on the page rather than have it adjusted to the left?

Very much so with the way the header and footer is formatted.

;470948]Yes but do you know for a fact how much the graphics monkeys have to do :p

Besides' date=' I intend on doing a rotating header thing like the site has when I get some free time over the next few days (working a few hours tomorrow and got Tues and Weds off so thenish) so it would be a bitch.

However I am working on this:

[img']http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/450/stretchcz5.jpg[/img]

Want to get rid of the white thing on the right, unless people don't really have any objection?

As you can see, it just stretches the body over the background basically.

so its harder of vbuliten the xsorbit i gather (with xsorbit i could do it in 15 minutes)

so its harder of vbuliten the xsorbit i gather (with xsorbit i could do it in 15 minutes)

Yes but with xsorbit you wouldn't be able to do most of the things we do.

The xsorbit editing options existed of about 10 boxes. vBulletin is a lot more complex.

;469647"]N-Europe offices would be cool though...

I suggest y'all pay us so we can do it.

Im up for that as long as the office is overlooking a nice view somewhere. We could also employ tea ladies who bring us tea :D

;471918"]Yes but with xsorbit you wouldn't be able to do most of the things we do.

The xsorbit editing options existed of about 10 boxes. vBulletin is a lot more complex.

so there isn't a way you can just edit the html template?

Im up for that as long as the office is overlooking a nice view somewhere. We could also employ tea ladies who bring us tea :D

You do that. It's AWESOME. I think that, for the more posts you make, your username colour changes. Only for every thousand or so. Of course, green, red and blue are already taken so how 'bout orange and pink and, (God forbid), brown. It's only a suggestion

You do that. It's AWESOME. I think that, for the more posts you make, your username colour changes. Only for every thousand or so. Of course, green, red and blue are already taken so how 'bout orange and pink and, (God forbid), brown. It's only a suggestion

I'd much rather custom user titles...

But shhhh - let's not speak of them...

tech/pc talk should be re-named tech/computer talk or something that's more accommodating to mac users.

I'd much rather custom user titles...

But shhhh - let's not speak of them...

i think thats a good idea. having every one with 1000+ posts with the same thing under their name gets boring

perhaps after 5000 posts

but then again that brings back the system of users with higher-post count having advantages.

perhaps we should have a standard title for people with 5000 posts

tech/pc talk should be re-named tech/computer talk or something that's more accommodating to mac users.

A mac would be considered a PC though wouldnt it?

i think thats a good idea. having every one with 1000+ posts with the same thing under their name gets boring

perhaps after 5000 posts

but then again that brings back the system of users with higher-post count having advantages.

perhaps we should have a standard title for people with 5000 posts

I reckon one for 3000, 5000, 7000 and 10,000 if we can't have custom ones.