NEurope
Retro_Link

Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure

ARGH!! Yesterday I was so closed to ordering tho shame with shop to due to their 5 minute dispatch. I can wait but I thought the bank holiday weekend may be a decent time to get it, but it was pushing it with friday no post day etc. So I bottled it, but randomly ordered Lego Rock Band from shop to. 5 mins later I got my picture of my parcel and it did turn up today. Dammit. So if I ordered this I would have had it now... Oh well. Still think it'll come down in price pretty quickly, which is bad to say, but I have so many games I'm not really in a rush other than being an impatient bastard!

Still think it'll come down in price pretty quickly, which is bad to say, but I have so many games I'm not really in a rush other than being an impatient bastard!

Currently £23.99 at Argos. Can't reserve for instore collection yet though, but home delivery seems to be free!

I've reached the end of Chapter 3. It's very enjoyable and the rhythm games are ace, but I wish the game didn't treat you like a 4 year old when it comes to solving puzzles, finding the correct sound and going to the right destination etc

Currently £23.99 at Argos. Can't reserve for instore collection yet though, but home delivery seems to be free!

I've reached the end of Chapter 3. It's very enjoyable and the rhythm games are ace, but I wish the game didn't treat you like a 4 year old when it comes to solving puzzles, finding the correct sound and going to the right destination etc

Wonder why you can't pick it up?!

Good price though, if I could walk in and get it I would...

You don't seem to be glowing about it. Are the puzzles too easy?! Ultimately though is there enough replay in the music games?! Does it reward you for being perfect?!

Played 4 motion-controled rhythm games so far, and the gyro sensor has worked well in all of them, apart from one where you had a fight against a certain character. I really enjoyed the Samba De Amigo rhythm game too, and would love to see an eShop title based upon that.

You don't seem to be glowing about it. Are the puzzles too easy?! Ultimately though is there enough replay in the music games?! Does it reward you for being perfect?!

I do love the game, defintley one I'll be keeping in my collection, it's just not as amazing as Rhythm Paradise or Elite Beat Agents. It's certainly unique!

Basically there's no punishment for failing, or any Layton-style thinking required to solve the puzzles/logic mini-games, whatever you wanna call em' :heh: I've gone back to replay the rhythm games quite a few times, and I've only perfected a small amount. You can share high scores via StreetPass, and there are challenges and extra modes to unlock.

Wonder why you can't pick it up?!

Good price though, if I could walk in and get it I would...

I'm up to the same bit and I'd probably agree with him. It's good fun, but the "puzzles" are so brain dead simple that it's almost insulting (I've seen more taxing puzzles in a Kirby game!)

The music games don't feel quite as rewarding as the ones in Rhythm Heaven, but they're still good fun. The rank isn't really dependant on your score, so you have something to shoot for, even if you get an A rank (the scoring system is very similar to EBA/Ouendan, while the core gameplay mechanics are clearly cut from Rhythm Heaven) As I said before though, they could REALLY do with a practice mode before you start (chucking new rhythm mechanics at you on the fly is rather clunky and unintuative)

I am enjoying it though, despite a few clunky moments. It is basically Rhythm Heaven's gameplay mechanics (though one game was closer to Guitar Hero/Rock Band) with Layton's town exploration/story and art style and EBA's scoring system. It is a bit of a Jack of all Trades in that its individual parts dont quite match up to it's sources of inspiration, but the sum is good and does feel unique.

Heh, that reads a bit like a review doesn't it? (that wasn't intentional!)

Edited by Dcubed

My order hasn't even been shipped yet from Zavvi :(

IT'S NOT HERE TODAY :( I bet it will arrive tomorrow when I have work for 9 hours :heh: It's like Mario Kart 7 all over again!

It's bank holiday, it was never going to come today! Unless you do actually live in Space Junk Galaxy and it's a normal working day there.

Wait are you serious? You mean the post men have 4 days off?! Oh man that means I gotta wait til TUESDAY :shakehead

@dazzybee I should have known, I'm out of touch with bank holidays as they mean nothing to me (work wise). And @f00had this is terrible!

Man, in Huddersfield only one store had this, and they only had one copy, as in they only received on copy to sell! That's crazy! Anyway I bought it and I'm really enjoying it. Reminds me of a Layton game but with music focus. :D

its a cool game.

Just done Samba de Amigo Mission[/color]"]

:D

Edited by khilafah

Has anyone reached Rhythm Game 31, Gone with the Wind yet? It's a gyro controlled mission, but I have no idea how to play it properly so can't progess with the story. So frustrating, especially as all the other gyro control based games have been pretty good.

£23.99 @Amazon.co.uk

Bloody hell.... I'm still waiting for my copy from Zavvi!

Bloody hell.... I'm still waiting for my copy from Zavvi!
You're alright, it's gone back up to £29.99 or something now, seems it was only for a day or two.

I remember when they did something similar with MGS HD Collection, it was £20 at Amazon for the PS3 version. I placed my order with them then they sent me an email telling me they cancelled it :o

It's finally here, I guess waiting a week and a half for the game to come late is OK considering I saved £3 :p

Did the first stage and got all perfects :D Not really liking the adventure stuff and the voice acting is REALLY bad but the story is good enough and I'm liking all the rhythm stages so far

Has anyone reached Rhythm Game 31, Gone with the Wind yet? It's a gyro controlled mission, but I have no idea how to play it properly so can't progess with the story. So frustrating, especially as all the other gyro control based games have been pretty good.

I just got up to this mission, you have to turn the 3DS like a steering wheel to get it to aim properly and keep an eye out for the circles on the enemies. When the circle gets smaller and overlaps with the lock on target that's when you have to press A. I recommend using the item that boosts how much health you get for successful shots.

I love the Space Channel 5 and Samba de Amigo missions :D Can't believe I've played the game for 6 hours and forgot to plug in my headphones... the 3DS speakers don't do it justice.

I just got up to this mission, you have to turn the 3DS like a steering wheel to get it to aim properly and keep an eye out for the circles on the enemies. When the circle gets smaller and overlaps with the lock on target that's when you have to press A. I recommend using the item that boosts how much health you get for successful shots.

I love the Space Channel 5 and Samba de Amigo missions :D Can't believe I've played the game for 6 hours and forgot to plug in my headphones... the 3DS speakers don't do it justice.

Finally did it last night! You're right that you need to turn the 3DS like a steering wheel, not all over the place as if you were playing an AR game... that was my mistake! :indeed: Defintley the weakest mission that one. Can't see myself getting an 'A' or a perfect combo on it anytime soon.

Which rhythm games are based upon Space Channel 5 then? I'm not familiar with that franchise.

The missions with the guy by the carousel are based off of Ulala's dance off with her rival Pudding.

guys, the mission @ Arc de Triomphe where you have to start the engine.

What do you need to do here?

guys, the mission @ Arc de Triomphe where you have to start the engine.

What do you need to do here?

Keep tapping the button underneath the gauge at the same time the light blinks until the gauge locks in place and it goes to the next colour.

I've finished the main story in about 7 hours but there's quite a lot of unlockables to keep me busy :D