NEurope
Retro_Link

Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure

Anyways, the demo is absolutely amazing

Couldn't agree more, it's superb! besides the lack of 'Perfect!' bonuses (who knows perhaps this will be in the retail version ::shrug:) I'm loving it.

Pre-ordered

I've been pre-ordering a lot of 3DS games as of late, but if they're this awesome, I can't complain.

I don't remember if this has been mentioned, but is there going to be any DLC for this game?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone want to post their scores so far?

R01: 78,600pts

R02: 51,100pts

R03: 118,800pts

Edited by -Dem0-

April can't come soon enough :D

I pre-ordered this game back when I thought it was coming out in January lol, it's been a long long wait but it'll be worth it!

I really want his game on release day, but with it being a Sega game, it will no doubt be at a discount price within a few weeks after release.

It's weird how Sega games always do that lol, I mean even Sonic Generations was really cheap after a couple of weeks.

I really want his game on release day, but with it being a Sega game, it will no doubt be at a discount price within a few weeks after release.

Same. Demo confirmed I will get it at some point though, was a bit on the fence about it before.

besides the lack of 'Perfect!' bonuses (who knows perhaps this will be in the retail version ::shrug:)
I really hope so.

Anyone want to post their scores so far?

R01: 78,600pts

R02: 51,100pts

R03: 118,800pts

Didn't take note of mine, but had the MAX possible score for R02 & R03. :awesome:

Didn't bother perfecting R01 as I wasn't keen on the music in that one.

By the way, @\-Dem0\- (and anyone else that is liking this game), if you haven't played Rhythm Paradise, be sure to check it out!!

Not only is it better than Rhythm Thief*, it can be picked up very cheaply these days.

*I realise the audacity of this statement seeing as I haven't even played the full game of Rhythm Thief, but trust me... The Rhythm Tengoku series is untouchable. ;)

: peace:

Does the demo save your scores or not?

Nope, mine weren't saved.

Just had another go on this, ended up perfecting R01 this time too: :hehe:

N6Ffq.jpg

Noticed that the 3rd stage is actually R04, not R03. :wtf:

And on the touch screen it looks as if there's space for another stage... :blank:

It's also strange how there's no "thanks for playing the demo" message or anything. ::shrug:

Finally got round to playing the demo, no surprise, it's awesome :D

And indeed how could it not be? It's basic math!

Rhythm Heaven + Layton + Elite Beat Agents + Lupin The 3rd = AMAZING! :)

Visuals are fantastic, music is great, voice acting is great, gameplay is Spot On and the scenarios are hilarious. It's a clear must have for me. Cant wait :bouncy:

The only real complaint I have is that it feels as if it could do with a practice warmup before each stage (ALA Rhythm Heaven) but that's not a big deal.

Also, am I the only one who actually finds it harder when the guides are turned on?

Edited by Dcubed

Yeah @RedShell I had played Rhythm Paradise almost 2 years ago, really enjoyed it, infact I think I saw it in my local gamestation a couple of days ago! hmmm shall check if they have it tomorrow.

The demo for Rhythm Thief is simple yet stunning, I defy anyone to download it and not feel compelled to pre-order the retail game if they hadn't done so already of course. :)

It feels like a fresh fusion of Elite Beat Agents (Main Characters) Space Channel 5 (Directional Actions) Rhythm Paradise (Visual Cues) and Feel the Magic (General Zaniness) all wrapped up in one terrific title! :D

Day one purchase for certain, not that it was ever in doubt. :heh:

Managed to perfect all three level yesterday, shame there doesnt seem to be any reward for doing this in the full game....day 1 for me.

They praise the rhythm-action segments but found the Layton-esque exploration and logic puzzles weak.

Also, noticed that this is No.1 in ShopTo's 3DS pre-order chart. Must of gained a few fans after the demo last week :bowdown:

Got a nice little package in the mail today - the official soundtrack of the game, imported from Japan.

3 CDs, 97 tracks (every song and jingle plus bonus songs!), and a leaflet with screenshots, credits for each individual song and LYRICS(!!!)

I wasn't really expecting to get it before the game (the site I ordered it from said the delivery may take many weeks, yet I got it within days!), but I'll probably be able to resist the temptation for these twelve days that remain... Hopefully!

Need to draw your attention to this... Zavvi currently has a 10% discount on all pre-orders, this offer is only valid until midnight today. If you use this link:

http://www.zavvi.com/offers/10-off-pre-order-games.list

and select the games you want to pre-order, using the buttons near the top to filter the games by system, use the code 10OFFGAME at checkout to apply the discount. I just cancelled my Rhythm Thief pre-order and did it again using this to save £3 :D

Review from Nintendo-gamer:

http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/review/rhythm-thief-the-emperors-treasure-review/

"The whole isn’t better than the sum of its parts – the constant shift in direction will leave you confused. But there are genuine pockets of excitement amongst the humdrum. "

76%

BTW my copy has been dispatched :awesome:

Edited by -Dem0-

Official Nintendo Magazine review :-

Everything is dripping with class - the music, the cutscenes: all phenomenal. As long as you're the type who doesn't mind replaying games when you finish them, this is well worth your money. A brilliant adventure whose shortness is its only drawback. Well worth a look. 88%

BTW my copy has been dispatched :awesome:

ShopTo.Net? Got my dispatch e-mail at 6:14pm. Defintley gonna be here by Good Friday then :grin:

ShopTo.Net?

Precisely! although it should arrive by tomorrow.

IGN Review.

"Rhythm Thief is well worth persevering with. It’s a game with a song in its heart and romance in its soul, a sweet-natured slice of old-fashioned escapism underpinned by taut and satisfying rhythm-action systems. If a hopeful tilt at a sequel in its closing moments seems rather naively optimistic, you can hardly blame SEGA for dreaming. After all, it would be a crime bigger than any of Phantom R’s thefts if his story were to be forgotten. "

8.0/10

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/122/1222257p1.html

Just got the game, though I don't have time to play it just yet! I'll get right on it as soon as I can, though! :D

I'll be getting my copy tomorrow, 100% confirmed as it didn't arrive in the post today, the release date is tomorrow and ShopTo have never let me down yet. :)

Got mine too! I love the graphical style (and the way the dog barks in French) :)

Nintendolife:

"Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure is a title overflowing with charm and verve, with a style that can entertain children and adults alike. It has a couple of missteps, the biggest of which is the occasional use of gyroscope controls, while simple puzzles and missing object searches don’t quite match the title’s overall quality. It’s the audio-visual presentation and stylus/button-based rhythm challenges that steal the show, representing some of the finest beats in the genre. It may not be perfect, but musical gamers with some groove to share should certainly consider a trip to Paris with Phantom R."

8/10

I agree, I just finished Chapter 1. The three 'Rhythms' that were part of the demo all came from Chapter 1. The only one that was missing was R03.

I'm really liking this game :)

Full Review: http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/rhythm_thief_and_the_emperors_treasure

Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-05-rhythm-thief-the-emperors-treasure-review

8/10

Edited by -Dem0-