NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

You know what I just figured out yesterday, being able to warp anywhere without having to go through different maps. I was just pressing the select button to bring up the map and then warp to the nearest exit, then walked into another area to bring that map up. I was scrolling through the menus when I seen a map icon and then it all became clear! I can travel instantly to anywhere i've been before without having to walk through the differect sections! I feel like a muppet. :D

I levelled up a bit last night and finally used my points to upgrade my skills. I've went 20 hours without powering up my skills as I totally forgot about it. :laughing: I'm gonna level up a bit more, do some sidequests and then head back to the Gaur Plains to take on that spider that scared the hell out of me. At least i've now used that item I nabbed before being attacked off him.

Who is everyone rocking as their characters at the moment?

I'm using Shulk, Reyn and Sharla. I was going to use Dunban, and did for a while, but figured I needed Sharla on my team as a healer. Reyn is good for taking and dealing out damage and Shulk is the main character so I wanna keep him as my number one.

That thing is around Lvl 30 I just killed it a few hours ago. That item that its protecting is for a side quest later in the game which gives you a crap load of money and EXP :D

Oh good im level 28 with a team of 4 people (i can only use 3 at a time though.)

Has anyone found the other bug on the leg other than the queen locust, fire tarantula and the beetles, the one next to the end slot.

I levelled up a bit last night and finally used my points to upgrade my skills. I've went 20 hours without powering up my skills as I totally forgot about it. :laughing: I'm gonna level up a bit more, do some sidequests and then head back to the Gaur Plains to take on that spider that scared the hell out of me. At least i've now used that item I nabbed before being attacked off him.

Who is everyone rocking as their characters at the moment?

I'm using Shulk, Reyn and Sharla. I was going to use Dunban, and did for a while, but figured I needed Sharla on my team as a healer. Reyn is good for taking and dealing out damage and Shulk is the main character so I wanna keep him as my number one.

I'm going to try beating that spider thing as well also my team is

same, Dunban is really the same as reyn just not as much hp and sharla is the only one with ether attacks and good healing, I might use dunban with mechon since his blade is meant to be effective aggainst them.

Has anyone found the other bug on the leg other than the queen locust, fire tarantula and the beetles, the one next to the end slot.

I have White Ladybird, Hill Firefly, Moth Crawler, Queen Locust and Fire Tarantula.

If it's the firefly, I found that where the buggy had originally crashed during the night.

I'm going to try beating that spider thing as well.

I was owning the thing earlier but then he did some slam attack that knocked me off the edge of the cliff!

*shakes angry fist*

I'm stuck on a quest at the moment. I have to deliver Daza's letter to Gerugu but I have no idea where the little guy is. He said he could be found on the Bionis Leg but I can't find him. I checked my affinity chart and it seems I haven't come across him yet either.

Anyone?

I have White Ladybird, Hill Firefly, Moth Crawler, Queen Locust and Fire Tarantula.

If it's the firefly, I found that where the buggy had originally crashed during the night.

No I have that and the moth crawler, its the slot next to the fire tarantula. You can also find fireflies in the lake. I think it might be in an area with strong monsters, I think those wolf like creatures gangs. Actually theres a few places I might try: sky stage, below viliera hill near the tortas and north of the spiral canyon on the mountainous parts and near these giant level 75 birds.

I wonder whether the scale of this game will leave us slightly disappointed with Zelda when it's released. Coming so close to Xenoblade, it's going to be hard not to compare..

I wonder whether the scale of this game will leave us slightly disappointed with Zelda when it's released. Coming so close to Xenoblade, it's going to be hard not to compare..

I've been having similar thoughts but then I'm not completely sure about how the overworld works with the sky sections and the ground and whether the ground can be traversed from side of the world to the other or it is discrete sections.

Whilst it undoubtedly will be smaller, hopefully it will be denser too.

I don't think so, they are still different games and I can't wait for zelda, we should be happy there are two great games released around the same time. We shouldn't compare games to the extent we see a good one as inferior which should just agree there both great or going to be great and enjoy them both.

So far, I've only had one heart to heart that happened early on as part of the story but since then, despite coming across a dozen or so more on the map, it never allows me to have them.

Is it just because I'm missing the right party member or because my affinity is too low between characters? Anybody else having this issue?

I've been having similar thoughts but then I'm not completely sure about how the overworld works with the sky sections and the ground and whether the ground can be traversed from side of the world to the other or it is discrete sections.

Whilst it undoubtedly will be smaller, hopefully it will be denser too.

Zelda:SS Skyloft is like Wind Waker ocean, overworld is like Twilight Princess and the siren is like MP: Echoes. Also Miyamoto said this

What I’ll say about Skyward Sword is that there’s a tremendous amount of places you can go and things you can do in that game. It’s very open world, and I would encourage everyone to go and explore every nook and cranny of that game as well.

So far, I've only had one heart to heart that happened early on as part of the story but since then, despite coming across a dozen or so more on the map, it never allows me to have them.

Is it just because I'm missing the right party member or because my affinity is too low between characters? Anybody else having this issue?

It's because you have not met the characters yet, I have seen 3 more that I have the right characters for but not the right affinity, It tells you the affinity level you need between the characters.

Who thinks Sharla and Reyn are going to fall in love, maybe if gadolt dies and tells him to look after her or something.

It's because you have not met the characters yet, I have seen 3 more that I have the right characters for but not the right affinity, It tells you the affinity level you need between the characters.

I did one with Sharla and Reyn earlier, was very funny as I kept picking the wrong answers for him so I could nab an achievement. They weren't impressed with each other. :D

Out of interest, how does the game play with the Wii Remote/Nunchuk combo?

I'm using the normal controller but I think Aaron used the combo when he played it and he was fine with the setup.

Out of interest, how does the game play with the Wii Remote/Nunchuk combo?

That's how I'm playing it, and am having no problems at all - apart from Smash Bros, I usually prefer Wiimote and nunchuck, just so I do t have to hold my hands together if I don't want to.

I can't get over how incredible this game is! It's like they've taken the best bits from FF 12, Bioware RPGs and classic Square RPGS, crammed it into one glorious package and added some of that Nintendo magic.

Definitely one of the best Wii games out there, I'm only ten hours in but it's already one of my top ten games of all times. If it gets any better it'll be challenging Tales of Symphonia as my fave game.

I've just spent the morning sorting out the kitchen... (it really needed doing) ::shrug:

...so in an effort to restore balance I shall be playing Xenoblade for the remainder of the day. :awesome:

*is taken in by the epic title music once again*

After a little misstep at the end of the cave with the boss, I decided to change gear as I hadn't done so for now and I proceeded to hammer the boss easily :D

My reward was being presented with Gaur Plains and :o it just looks awesome. Seriously, kudos to Monolith Soft for making something on such a scale that still manages to look fantastic. Yes, a few corners have been cut to get it running (homs characters mainly) but it does look incredible.

Think there'll be plenty of grinding and questing in the Plains before I move on with the story. Have to go back to the Cave to do some quests as well, and perhaps Colony 9 but I think I got them all. Probably didn't though.

Definitely agree, so far though, that this is the best JRPG on a home console for quite some time. Certainly shows Square Enix how it should be done (even though I did enjoy FF13 for what it was).

I've just gotten Shayla in my party and have a ton of new side quests and a load of them have a clock next to them. Guess I'll have to get everything done before advancing the story further.

Funny moment I was taking down some Field Poinis for a quest when this giant red monster at lvl81 or something comes out of nowhere and kills everyone in one move. What is that thing doing there when I'm only lvl18 :heh:

EDIT:

Oh yeah there's one side quest where a monster only appears with a thunder storm. Is storms random or can I just to certain times to get it?

:

Oh yeah there's one side quest where a monster only appears with a thunder storm. Is storms random or can I just to certain times to get it?

They happen rarely every now and then.

I just waited until there was a thunderstorm than quick traveled to the lake and went to the little island in the lake with flamii, the monster is a gian white brog. I was level 26 so it was easy.

Being that I spent so long just lvling and completing sidequests at the start, I've only now got to the main part in the story where events take a turn for the worse...

I knew it was coming but damn, the descent of the Mechons upon Colony 9 is both swift and brutal

:( it's not like in many other RPG's where something bad happens and you're thinking 'hmm ok, time for adventure' it's more like 'oh shit! they're attacking my homeland, bastards! they are so gonna pay!' I quite honestly haven't felt this fired up in an RPG since ToS and here I feel it on a greater scale.

Did anyone else get the achievement for killing every single Mechon in the town square? because I sure did! :p

I'm compelled to keep playing on, not that I was planning on stopping but, anyway... back to the adventure! :D

Edited by S.C.G

They happen rarely every now and then.

I just waited until there was a thunderstorm than quick traveled to the lake and went to the little island in the lake with flamii, the monster is a gian white brog. I was level 26 so it was easy.

Oh yeah I know where he is, it's just he killed me and the storm stopped and my last save was ages ago so didn't feel like doing a file reload :heh:

Guess I'll just have to stay in this part of the leg until a storm comes back.

Though one thing I can't find is the Tinki (that is wrong spelling I'm sure) Headquarters? Have a few side quests telling me to go there... is it past the bridge? or before it somewhere? Wanna avoid going to the bridge for now as that seems to be the next story point.

Seriously this one field area is bigger than the whole Ocarina of Time map, I mean MY GOD :D

Being that I spent so long just lvling and completing sidequests at the start, I've only now got to the main part in the story where events take a turn for the worse...

I knew it was coming but damn, the descent of the Mecons upon Colony 9 is both swift and brutal

:( it's not like in many other RPG's where something bad happens and you're thinking 'hmm ok, time for adventure' it's more like 'oh shit! they're attacking my homeland, bastards! they are so gonna pay!' I quite honestly haven't felt this fired up in an RPG since ToS and here I feel it on a greater scale.

Did anyone else get the achievement for killing every single Mecon in the town square? because I sure did! :p

I'm compelled to keep playing on, not that I was planning on stopping but, anyway... back to the adventure! :D

I know, wait until you advance the story a bit :(,

I didn't see fiora dieing either (except when I had that vision of the future) and I was really upset. I think it was worst because there arn't many hom colonies and loads of people were dieing and they couldn't really do anything, you was like sitting ducks.

Edited by Mokong

Ive just watched the trailer for this on the 3DS eShop and now I'm just dying to get my hands on it!

I'll be picking it up after work tomorrow!