NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

anyone know if the normal version will be the same as the ltd edition version , case wise? as i can pick up the normal version in town but i want to get a refund come friday,

does it sale not for relase or bundle edition on the back of the case ?

Currently sitting, watching the ever-changing title screen and listening to the spectacular score...

It's... beautiful. :')

Currently sitting, watching the ever-changing title screen and listening to the spectacular score...

It's... beautiful. :')

*Shakes fist*

Damn you! :p

I have to wait till Friday to pick it up. At least I can pass the time safe in the knowledge that we'll have The Last Story and Pandora's Tower to play next year as well so that lessens the burden of the wait.

Just spent a fantastic - but all too brief! - first hour with the game, very impressed thus far. :)

And now, to work... *sigh* I shall be playing more later though, much more. :D

AAARRRGG!! My copy didn't turn up this morning, looks like i'll have to wait another day. >_<

My order with Amazon is just saying "soon to be dispatched" or soemthing like that. Knowing them, I'll get my dispatched email confirmation the morning the game turns up like the last time I ordered a game there.

Not that my brother has given me my Wii back despite my asking... and he's gone away too for the night so even if it did somehow turn up tomorrow, I'll struggle to play it until the evening at best.

Put a couple of hours into it and have already been absorbed into the story. I can't wait to find out what happens.

Impressive stuff so far.

A member of Gaf posted a pic that sums up what i'll be doing today.

GuEol.jpg

I'm still thinking Friday will be the day, but i'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

same here, been waiting all morning but it looks like it won't be comming untill Friday >__>

although the mail delivery in my village can be painfully slow sometimes. I've had deliveries at 12:30pm and sometimes later.

EDIT!!! looks like i was right :D It did arrive today, 12:30pm on the dot....times to play some xenoblade :D

Edited by martinist

Might arrive via van if it's the CC Pro edition. Although I'm betting it won't arrive until tomorrow.

EDIT!!! looks like i was right :D It did arrive today, 12:30pm on the dot....times to play some xenoblade :D

what delivery service m8? its lush sunshine here last thing i want to do is be stuck in waiting for a parcel thats not gonna turn up :P

Despite already having the game, I'm getting surprisingly impatient waiting for my special edition to arrive. Didn't come with the regular post today. A couple of hours ago, a Royal Mail van pulled up outside my house, a postman got out, stood there for a few seconds, then got back in the van and drove off. FUUUUUUUUU.

____

Anyway, 9/10 from Edge. Must be something in the water.

You know you're playing something special when you find yourself nearly five hours in and you still haven't gone to the first place you've been told to go because you've become distracted by the sheer beauty of the surrounding land along with the astonishing wealth of sidequests. :heh:

Currently level 9 and I've taken on a load of quests to thin out numbers of various wildlife, met my match against a lvl 9 Stone Crabble... twas a formiddable foe, almost defeated it but alas it would seem I am not yet strong enough.

:(

In other areas I've made great progress though, I've found all of the random items scattered around Colony 9 - which is absolutely mahoooosive! - and yeah... I'm just really, really enjoying this game atm. ^^

I'll probably get on with the main story later after work... maybe. :wink:

I'm picking it up in a minute at my local gamestore....with the posters:D

Very much lookin' forward to a grand adventure before all the shennanigens of moving and studying begins.

GuEol.jpg

I'm still thinking Friday will be the day, but i'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

You'll be sitting behind someone looking at the door, you crazy fruit.

XENOBLADE GET!!!

I've been playing for 20 mins and I can't believe how epic the start is. I'm even enjoying the voices, which is surprising. :D

*runs off to play some more*

The postie just turned up with mine... but I can't play it.

I'm just going to go sit in the corner and cry for a bit... and maybe try to cheer myself up by sniffing the manual.

Stock shortages!

Received: 1 hour ago

Dear Valued Customer,

Due to the unexpected late demand for 'Xenoblade Chronicles' the publisher has experienced great stock shortages of this title.

All pre orders on our system upto Sunday 14th August were processed in normal fashion and were dispatched in time for release date. Unfortunately due to the stock shortages pre orders placed with ShopTo this week will face a slight delay in shipping. We expect your pre order now to be processed Monday 22nd or Tuesday 23rd August. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Regards,

ShopTo

The world is MASSIVE. I've spent a good 10 minutes just running around collecting blue orbs.

what delivery service m8? its lush sunshine here last thing i want to do is be stuck in waiting for a parcel thats not gonna turn up :P

It was Royal Mail, second class post too. Thought i wasn't going to get this untill tomorrow :D

ACK... ONE MORE DAY TO WAIT.

Singing a Song will help pass the time

*Sings*

There's magic in the air this evening

Magic in the air

My Wii is at her best, you know

When There's a new game to love and care

The promise of excitement is one the night will keep

After all, there's only one more sleep til Xenoblade

Nintendo fans will smile today

Nintendo fans will glow

There's no such thing as Kiddie Consoles when

A Big Kid plays "Xeno"

But US gamers they will hate us, cause Europeans will have so much fun

After all, there's only one more sleep til Xenoblade

After all, there's only one more sleep til Xenoblade Releases

I know there's two more verses I could have worked on but the baby just woke up so I had to stop there...

Could probably do better if I had more info on the game but I put myself on a spoiler blackout on the game so actually know next to nothing :D

Edited by Mokong

I tell you whats great, the fact that when you die in battle you start at your nearest landmark. This is a nice halfway point between old RPG's making you start at your last save and Final Fantasy XIII's system where you started right at the start of the battle.

I haven't progressed the story at all as i'm having too much fun fighting monsters and doing random quests for people. I have died a few times after trying to take on powerful monsters by myself. :D

Loving it.

Mine still not come beep beeps I was going to play on it before Big Brother.

GuEol.jpg

Look at the stuff on those shelves. Scott Pilgrim for the win. :cool: