NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

MoKong - warp to the Kamos Guidepost and head North West and you will go straight to it - you have to go through a hole In the wall being guarded by two tirkin.

I've only got one timed quest left now - defeat the Violent Andante from the Sky Stage on Bonis leg but its never there when I look. The only thing I see up there is the occasional light seeker flying thing. Does It only appear at a certain time?

Ive just watched the trailer for this on the 3DS eShop and now I'm just dying to get my hands on it!

I'll be picking it up after work tomorrow!

Excellent decision my friend :)

Cheers H-o-T

And Leostar, try to use spoiler tags, I edited your last post for you.

In regards to that part also...

I know what Sam is on about, I didn't expect such a big attack, I knew something would have to happen to get the characters to leave teh colony and start an adventure but an attack so brutal and killing off what seemed to be one of the main characters was shocking.

I think having started with that prologue with Dunban and seeing that MASSIVE attack/war, you were expecting that to have been the the storys big shock opener. Then that event happens and you are totally unprepared.

I'm also very impressed how quickly the game makes you care for the characters... though I wonder if I would have still had the same level of personal affinity with the characters had I followed the story more quickly and not done as many side quests?

Not sure if I'm as invested (yet) in the characters here as I was in Tales of Symphonia as Sam suggested he was. Though I do have such a great affection for ToS, proabably the first game to ever make me care about NPC's who weren't main characters, not to mention of course the main characters themselves.

But we'll see :D

I've only got one timed quest left now - defeat the Violent Andante from the Sky Stage on Bonis leg but its never there when I look. The only thing I see up there is the occasional light seeker flying thing. Does It only appear at a certain time?

What I tend to do when looking for a beastie is stand where it's supposed to be and then advance the day by a couple of hours a time. It usually works for me.

And Leostar, try to use spoiler tags, I edited your last post for you.

As did I lol.

I've just killed him, I found him running towards me as I was running towards the lake, like he was running away from the lake.

Starting at that Guidepost heading towards the lake on the right side. He appeared near a bunch of Volf packs.

Bloody caught me off gaurd too.. though luckily managed to beat him by the skin of my teeth, haha.

Its before the bridge. It's in a little cave, if you hug the walls you should come across it.

what is? are you talking about the cave before the bridge above the lake on the leg?

what is? are you talking about the cave before the bridge above the lake on the leg?

Sorry I should have quoted Mokong. I was telling him where the bird warrior hideout was, it's just you posted before me. :D

Thanks guys.

I just found it and gave it a good hiding! It was a bit far off the sky stage though so no wonder it wasn't where I'd been looking.

Sorry I should have quoted Mokong. I was telling him where the bird warrior hideout was, it's just you posted before me. :D

oh, you can get some good weapons from them.

I think the igna (lizard warriors) will be the same, also is anyone else been followed by that level 75 rhogul (bird) that kills you when it sees you, its everywhere i go

As did I lol.

I did add spoiler tags, I remember and check my other posts I bet they have spoiler tags :angry:

oh, you can get some good weapons from them.

I think the igna (lizard warriors) will be the same, also is anyone else been followed by that level 75 rhogul (bird) that kills you when it sees you, its everywhere i go

Yup, the thing is a nightmare. He stalks you where ever you go. :D

I've just got to the next area after the marshes but i'm heading straight back as there are many sidequests to do and collectables that I still need to find.

Yup, the thing is a nightmare. He stalks you where ever you go. :D

I've just got to the next area after the marshes but i'm heading straight back as there are many sidequests to do and collectables that I still need to find.

Yeah theres always that one collectable in an area that you just can't find.

Don't you just hate the humming items, I didn't mind the humming plum but when they did the humming cabbage and even the humming cat I thought has there imagination been sucked out of there souls in some dirty dull office. I mean seriously humming cat when theres already a yellow cat. I like the dobercorgi though I wish you could see it.

How do you download the free soundtrack?

Register the game on Club Nintendo then you'll find the soundtrack in the "Treasures" section for download

Register the game on Club Nintendo then you'll find the soundtrack in the "Treasures" section for download

it wont open when you download it.

its in a zip file, download it then extract the files

it wont open when you download it.

Try downloading it again. My download keeps cutting off so it won't open as well.

This is a very solid RPG, been playing it for a good few hours now. I kinda wish this would have made it to other consoles in glorious HD, but alas. Liking the combat system and scope of environments, easily the best JRPG to surface for a while.

I've been reading Gaf and G-Faqs and it's great to see many have fallen prey to the spider trap like some of us did. :D

I managed to beat it earlier. Despite my team being 1 level higher than it the thing still managed to put up a decent fight. He killed me a few times but my team was ready to revive me.

I've finished all the sidequests I can do at the moment so onwards to the Bionis Interior!

*hugs copy of game*

I've been reading Gaf and G-Faqs and it's great to see many have fallen prey to the spider trap like some of us did. :D

I'm surprised you actually managed to find a thread on G-Faqs that wasn't about how useless NoA is at not bringing the game over to North America. Had a look on there earlier and that's all there was, with very few threads about the actual playing of the game. Understandable I suppose, but making the same threads to complain about the same things over and over.... ::shrug:

Anyway, did a few of the quests in Gaur Plains earlier, mainly the monster killing quests. When getting the Volffs, there was an almost moment with that level 81 unique as it got rather close. Thankfully, I was able to hold aggro long enough to pull it away from that thing.

Quick question about items that you pick up though. Was looking at offloading a lot of the materials in my inventory, you know most of the 'junk' you pick up off of enemies. But when looking to do it, some have a small sack icon and others have a larger sack with a four point star next to them (there's also the ones with ! on them but I know what they are). What's the differences with these two? Should I just offload all the crap or can I make use of it for forging/creating useful items?

Quick question about items that you pick up though. Was looking at offloading a lot of the materials in my inventory, you know most of the 'junk' you pick up off of enemies. But when looking to do it, some have a small sack icon and others have a larger sack with a four point star next to them (there's also the ones with ! on them but I know what they are). What's the differences with these two? Should I just offload all the crap or can I make use of it for forging/creating useful items?

The size of the sack just indicates the value of the item. The bigger the bag (and more sparkly), the more it is worth. I think you can only use the different level stones for crafting gems and the rest of the items are for selling and trading.

Earlier today I found myself pretty much selling a whole heap load of stuff that I'd collected because I wasn't using it for anything and I'd hit the limits of how much of certain items I could hold. It's nothing that can't be found again anyway if I really need it for something.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Try downloading it again. My download keeps cutting off so it won't open as well.

Yeah mine keeps on doing it why can't Nintendo put it on CDS instead?

You know you're playing a truly great game when you fall asleep playing it and then wake up simply wanting to continue from where you - inadvertently - left off. :grin:

You know you're playing a truly great game when you fall asleep playing it and then wake up simply wanting to continue from where you - inadvertently - left off. :grin:

That is awesome Sam, haha. Wish I could do that, but the wife would likely drag me to bed and away from the game, haha.

I've only ever once fallen asleep playing a game but that was after I got home from a long haul flight and suffering serious jet lag.

But one of my best gaming memories is on Tales of Symphonia one night I just kept going, "ok I'll just do this next bit, see what happens then I'll go to bed". Then when I saw what happened next I just had to continue on a bit more to see what happened next again. Before I knew it, it was 7am. I had played the game non-stop for what was likely a 14 - 15 hour session (maybe more) not slept at all and I finished the game, haha.

Made debut at #7 in UK on All-Formats chart, #3 on Individual Formats chart (behind only Zumba Wii and Ocarina 3D). Phenomenal news.

But one of my best gaming memories is on Tales of Symphonia one night I just kept going, "ok I'll just do this next bit, see what happens then I'll go to bed". Then when I saw what happened next I just had to continue on a bit more to see what happened next again. Before I knew it, it was 7am. I had played the game non-stop for what was likely a 14 - 15 hour session (maybe more) not slept at all and I finished the game, haha.

Hehe, sounds pretty much like when I was playing ToS with my brother...we usually started at the afternoon or evening, and it was always "a little more" and "a little more" until it was already morning! :D

It seems that the other shop in here got only two copies as well! :o Didn't pick it up yet though, prob waiting for GS to get theirs so I can trade in some older stuff...

Made debut at #7 in UK on All-Formats chart, #3 on Individual Formats chart (behind only Zumba Wii and Ocarina 3D). Phenomenal news.

that is amazing for a new IP, least of all a JRPG exclusive to the Wii.

though why is OOT 3D in the Wii format charts?