NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Xenoblade Chronicles Official Thread

The side quests are hard as i have no idea what they talk about half the time :P is there a way to set up markers on the maps for side quests ?

loving the main story tho , great game.

Just to throw this out there, this is the best JRPG I've played since Skies of Arcadia.

Also, gem crafting:

chuckleL1807_228x283.jpeg

The side quests are hard as i have no idea what they talk about half the time :P is there a way to set up markers on the maps for side quests ?

Most of the sidequests are just kill a monster or collect an item and the person who gives the quest usually tells you where to find the stuff your after. Granted some of the materials are a little hard to find due to the random nature of them but walk around long enough and you will find them.

Just look at Mokong, he's found 2 items already for a sidequest he hadn't even come across, just because he explored the areas. This is what makes this game so great, you are encouraged to wander from the path of the main game and explore the world around you.

OK had a quick afternoon session, got a few more side quests done. Including the saving Pama one.... was again surprised when it branched of slightly with two ways to prevent your vision.

In the end went with helping Arda rather than having your one redo the picture as that way it helps both Arda and Pama :D

Also decided to fix the light in colony 9, which then required an item from the Ether Mine, so had to advance the story a little bit more.

So far I am up to

Meeting the old man and just about to go off to find Juju. I actually did a quick run all the way down avoiding all the enimies I could. Just to see what would happen at the bottom. But had the intention of just getting a glimpse and not saving as I wanted to go back to side quest a bit more first. Turned off the Wii halfway through the cut scene so I still don't know how that part ends till I go there for real later :D

WOW eryth sea is amazing. so different to the other places. Also I have completed all collectables in areas 1 to 6, 9 and 11 so if you need help just ask.

Done loads of missions now and riki has the cutest panther outfit :3. Got some more timed quests so I'm not advancing the story until I have done them :P

Does anyone know where I can get a fossil monkey collectable and where the gusty zolos is?

Edited by leostar
got some numbers wrong

Didn't get a chance to play this yesterday so I've been making up for it today, as I've played 5 hours of the game. Don't think my Wii has seen this much play in a long, long, long time. Loving it so much. Just brilliant fun wandering around the place, exploring and battling. The timed quests are irking me slightly, although it's mainly the White Eduardo one as it's rained lots but never turned into a thunderstorm.

Found that shrine place in the Bionis Leg area and nearly crapped myself when I picked up the red orb at what would be the altar area. :o Scared the crap out of me to the point I was shouting "Run away!" :laughing:

Progressed the story to the point where I need to go to Colony 6 now, after 11 hours, which I think is reasonable. Lvl 23 but think I'll spend more time finishing up the huge amount of quests still available in the Plains and surrounding areas (even though I've already finished a load of them, which is another thing I love about the game as there's always a quest to pick up or a unique monster to take on). Probably also have a go at the gem crafting as I've not had a go yet.

Found that shrine place in the Bionis Leg area and nearly crapped myself when I picked up the red orb at what would be the altar area. :o Scared the crap out of me to the point I was shouting "Run away!" :laughing:

I did exactly the same thing!

Man this game is good :)

Who wants xenoblade characters in smash bros 4!!! I do, shulks final smash could be where he used the monado and Riki FTW!!! Rikis final smash could be hero time were he would bounce around the screen like a pinball sending players flying!!! :D

I did exactly the same thing!

Man this game is good :)

As did I, actually got pummelled by it as well... fortunately after grabbing the orb, still it was a genuine 'omg wtf!' moment even though you kind of know it's coming. :D

Does anyone know where I can get a fossil monkey collectable and where the gusty zolos is?

Gusty Zolos is just near the Windmills ( or a similar name, can't remember off the top of my head ) in the forest, just outside of Frontier Village. You can warp to the windmills and then just head left. He should be hanging around near a T-Rex so make sure to lure him away.

For the Fossil Monkey you can find in the forest but are very rare. The easier option is to trade Rashad on the entrance level of Frontier Village. A Happy Carnival should net you a Fossil Monkey.

I think everyone on here has done this so far. :D

Forgot to mention that happened to me the other day, jesus frakking baltar, there should be a "fear" symbol on the box. :heh:

Anyway did a bit more this evening and progressed the story a fair bit due to seemingly having run out of new side quests, haha.

Still have a few that need doing though that I can't get done (yet)

1: still need those two frakking Kneecap rocks in Tephra Cave, I've lost count of the number of times I've run through that cave end to end getting every frakking blue light and not one knee cap rock.

2: The friendship thing with the 2 girls in colony 9, need a 2nd female in my team.

3: Give Daza's letter to Gerugu... where the frak is that guy?

Tomorrow will check the Bionis Leg map and explore every nook and crany I haven't seen yet.

Anyway where I am at the mo is in the marsh area, after the lamp post and level 29 : peace:

Loved the battle with Mysterface/Xord at the bottom of the mine and some awesome cut scenes going on there. Sharla was wicked at teh start getting all pissed and going action hero with the gun blasting everything, haha.

Was surprised when Xord reappear on the lift later too, but was glad of it as copped right away I would be able to do real damage to him at last and thought it great I actually got to finish him off :D

Then getting out of the mine the encounter with Metal Face was a hell of a shock and more awesome cut scene/story action.

Who the hell was that guy talking to the bird that saved us? Guess I'll find out eventually.

Got up the Ruins in the marsh now done all the monster side quests the nopon guy gave me and my 3 guests left. So now I am going to go back and start doing more side quest now that colony 6 is open :D

Think I know why the Monado has no effect on Faced Mechon too.

The red light I think is like a force field and is limited as seen when Xord ran in his 1st encounter.

But now after my 2nd encounter with Xord and Metal Face, I get the feeling these "Faced Mechon" are humans that were turned into Mechon. And Metal Face is actually that guy that abandoned Dunban and Dickson in the prologue.

Seems kinda obvious I guess... unless I'm wrong.... though I doubt it

Also can anyone tell me do you get a side quest for every Unique Monster?

I kinda don't want to take on any until I have a side quest for them in case it takes ages to respwan like that Verdant Bluchal did. And I took out that Caterpillar one in Tephra Cave and it still hasn't respawned yet... though no sign of a side quest for it yet.

For instance I am looking forward to eventually hunting down that "thing that scared the shit out of everyone at that alter" but not if there is eventually a side quest for it.

...I think everyone on here has done this so far. :D

Not me, not yet. I've stopped playing it for the night just after rescuing Juju.

Mokong, to answer your last question, the quest comes later but there's no harm in picking up the item now. You probably have to run away asap though.

I agree with your second spoiler, it's what I figured too. Looking forward to see if I'm right.

So, I'm holding off on heading to Colony 6 as I want to finish up all the stopwatch stamped quests from the refugee camp in Bionis' Leg. Do I need to be so cautious or have I a fair bit of story progression to go before I'm locked out of doing them?

I ask as I must have done about 15-20 quests and every time I go back to the camp someone else has a menial task for me, the bums.

Also can anyone tell me do you get a side quest for every Unique Monster?

I kinda don't want to take on any until I have a side quest for them in case it takes ages to respwan like that Verdant Bluchal did. And I took out that Caterpillar one in Tephra Cave and it still hasn't respawned yet... though no sign of a side quest for it yet.

I believe so... if you see them before you get the quest though don't be afraid to kill them, they do respawn, eventually but... if you save where you last saw them and keep reloading your save then they will appear again almost instantly. :)

In theory you could exploit this and level up on unique creatures, anyway... that's *my pro-tip, how it's used is up to you. ;)

*niot really my tip, I just happened upon it while pondering the very same thing.

So, I'm holding off on heading to Colony 6 as I want to finish up all the stopwatch stamped quests from the refugee camp in Bionis' Leg. Do I need to be so cautious or have I a fair bit of story progression to go before I'm locked out of doing them?

I've spent mosty of today doing all of those quests, gotta say that it's definitely worth it as you'll end up exploring pretty much all of the Bionis Leg... and when I say explore I mean almost completely, I've been finding places on that part of the map that I never knew existed and feel like I know the characters a little better now too. :grin:

This game is incredible. :hehe:

Edited by S.C.G

3: Give Daza's letter to Gerugu... where the frak is that guy?

Tomorrow will check the Bionis Leg map and explore every nook and crany I haven't seen yet.

He's on the North West side of the lake. You have to go past some high level monsters but you can avoid them easily enough. You have to approach from the West though because it's a cliff. So go from the guidepost heading East past the Sky Stage and as you get to the lake make sure you're reasonably north and you should see the exclamation point on your map showing where he/she is.

Btw, sorry if I've got completely confused and told you wrong but I think this is the quest you mean :p

The game does give you a warning of sorts to prevent you screwing yourself over with them quests, so I wouldn't worry about it for now.

The game does give you a warning of sorts to prevent you screwing yourself over with them quests, so I wouldn't worry about it for now.

A-ha, thanks!

That said I think I'm just going to power through the remaining quests. I've already been tasked with killing pretty much everything residing on the Leg, so there isn't much scope for them giving me new things to do. I hope.

Spent hours in the Ether mines dungeon which seemed to go on and on with multiple floors..

The Gaur plains is huge, for a Wii game I'm impressed with the attention to detail. There are some big monsters around that area besides the big spider thing, there's a level 76 Territorial thing near the entrance as you enter it the first time, Magnis Ardun and also a Immovable Gonzales on the upper level. :p

I'm running out of side quests already even though they can get repetitive but I wonder if more appear if you trek back later, I'm off to the Satori Marsh now to follow the storyline.

The battle system is fairly interesting especially if you switch character lots of variety of attacks between them and strategy involved

Edited by The-Ironflame

Not me, not yet. I've stopped playing it for the night just after rescuing Juju.

Then you weren't exploring enough Kav... also... are you like playing this game non stop or are you focused on the story progression rather than side quests. I've had this game 3 days longer than you and you've just about caught up to where I am, haha.

Mokong, to answer your last question, the quest comes later but there's no harm in picking up the item now. You probably have to run away asap though.

I agree with your second spoiler, it's what I figured too. Looking forward to see if I'm right.

Oh I did pick up the item, that's what made "it" appear the first time I saw "it". Kinda had to not pick up a glowing red orb that is just screaming "COLLECT ME BITCHES"

Twas 1 of the 2 items I found for that 3 item quest, still searching every nook and cranny for the 3rd .... the world is so huge it makes me cry tears of joy :cry:

He's on the North West side of the lake. You have to go past some high level monsters but you can avoid them easily enough. You have to approach from the West though because it's a cliff. So go from the guidepost heading East past the Sky Stage and as you get to the lake make sure you're reasonably north and you should see the exclamation point on your map showing where he/she is.

Btw, sorry if I've got completely confused and told you wrong but I think this is the quest you mean :p

I think I know the area you are talking about, if it is the same area I am thinking of then you are confused as there is a different character there.... but I will check anyway in case I am the one who is confused.

EDIT:

Oh I keep forgetting to mention this but there is one thing that I have been disappointed with in this game. Is that there isn't much in the way of puzzles. Progessing the story is pretty much boilded down to following the arrow. Even in dungeons it is pretty linear. Good thing there is an ungodly amount of side quests to distract ya. And of course if you just tried to follow the story without side questing you'd quickly find yourself very much out gunned level wise.

I never missed puzzles.

I still don't think he should wait too long. There's another quest further along the main story that will give you that warning when you complete said quest, and that quest is timed as well.

I think I know the area you are talking about, if it is the same area I am thinking of then you are confused as there is a different character there.... but I will check anyway in case I am the one who is confused.

Now you say that, I think you're right and I'm thinking kf a different quest. Daza is the one outside Colony 6 right? I have done the quest in question but now I can't think were you need to go. When I next go on, Ill see if I can remember where he is from the affinity chart.

EDIT: ok, so I think I told you where Batubatu is and Gerugu is the one originally looking him and so she should be at the campfire/resting spot on the upper Bionis Leg West of the spiral tower and marsh land.

If not then I'm completely stumped.

I still don't think he should wait too long. There's another quest further along the main story that will give you that warning when you complete said quest, and that quest is timed as well.

I'm at the village you find after wandering through the forest so I was referring to

the rebuilding of colony 6 and the gane asking if you want to move the people from the camp now or later. Although I see the quest to move the people is also timed.

So does the game warn you when you're about to make that unavailable as well? I've not come across anything yet but I'm probably not far enough along.

Edited by Captain Falcon

That's what I don't know. I always did the timed quests a soon as possible, that one too.

So does the game warn you when you're about to make that unavailable as well? I've not come across anything yet but I'm probably not far enough along.

When you clear the bridge you have to report back to Juju. The game then asks if you are sure you are ready to move everyone. I assume it's at that point the timed quests go bye bye.

When you clear the bridge you have to report back to Juju. The game then asks if you are sure you are ready to move everyone. I assume it's at that point the timed quests go bye bye.

Thats what I meant about it warning you. If fact, I think it warns you twice - once before you accept the quest and than again before you finish it.

Consequently, that's why I said it shouldn't be possible to miss out on doing all the quests as long as you're paying attention given you do get told. It's just whether you get told about when that quest is about to become impossible to do because that has a clock by it as well.