NEurope
LegoMan1031

England Riots

Well I dont wanna get into an argument with you, I seem to have done that a bit too often lately. I'll just leave it that I dont agree with you.

As for female, I think it was a fair assumption with your name and lack of gender listed. Mad Monkey was a conspiracy nut moron. Probably a harsh comparison to make so I apologise, I was just frustrated with your response.

Fucking amazing. Woman loots her own store. IN HER WORK UNIFORM.

article-2023554-0D58092100000578-48_964x554.jpg

Get the fuck out.

I wonder how many of the riot police saw Captain America recently and are desperate to throw their shields.

article-2023554-0D58092100000578-48_964x554.jpg

Get the fuck out.

Was she trying to steal some trousers? Because I'd understand that...

Get the fuck out.

Huzzah! The officer on the right is dishing out the fuckings I've been asking for. He's clever too, he's using the bollard as he doesn't want to catch anything from these scallywags.

I looked out on the destruction. Smashed windows, cars turned upside down, a bus on fire, people running scared, police unsure what move to make. . . .

I turned to the wife and said 'Chin up darling, you did your best, but maybe I should park the car!'

London, Birmingham, Leeds, Liverpool. Country has gone mad. Bloody kids need putting back in their places tbh. Inexcusable doesn't cut it.

Edited by McPhee

Also my sex is completely irrelevant, even more so in this thread.

I still think it's weird that The Rise of the Planet of the Apes had a first screening today and riots are happening in London and Birmingham.

No offense to the Apes, but this is a hilarious and nearly accurate analogy.

Anyway, I'll be praying for this anarchy to stop. I'll be praying even more that these vandals' sentences are delivered and/or carried out in public.

Do these people really think they're owed something from society/the government?

How does stealing from shops solve anything? Some people really just don't have any scope of the world or just don't care how their actions will affect others. The pointlessness of it all really frustrates me. How can people be so stupid, so senseless?

My sex is on fire.

Nothing against you or anything but can you please stop jumping on people whenever they mention the word 'woman'? I understand you're highly opinionated on the subject but please really just let some things pass?

I'm still waiting for you to answer my question from the previous page btw.

I just quoted your last message, sex is indeed irrelevant.

(This isn't anarchy FYI -- has no obvious political drive, and is largely reactionary to police violence and police racism.)

Do these people really think they're owed something from society/the government?

Most of them are too young to be owed shit by the government. Cancel summer holidays next year, that'll teach 'em.

(This isn't anarchy FYI -- has no obvious political drive, and is largely reactionary to police violence and police racism.)

Admittedly it started out as reactionary, now its just youths causing trouble for the sake of it.

(This isn't anarchy FYI -- has no obvious political drive, and is largely reactionary to police violence and presumedpolice racism.)

As I said before, I've not followed events but the kick-off was due to an officer shooting someone after they shot first? Without knowing the final details I'd say race had nothing to do with it.

Admittedly it started out as reactionary, now its just youths causing trouble for the sake of it.

Which is why you can't call it anarchy. Anarchy is a relatively well-defined school of political thought.

I know, I used "anarchy" as a figurative term, that is, referring to lack of order/leadership.

Also, it isn't largely related to any of that. Police violence/racism (, Accusations of) was the trigger for a sudden gathering. The current riots are selfish, immature savages that are now showing their true colours.

Lord of the Flies proved true, basically.

Insurance will sort out the damage(hopefully, they always have some stupid loophole) and the rioters will be dealt with. As long as no one is hurt there's no permanent damage.

As I said before, I've not followed events but the kick-off was due to an officer shooting someone after they shot first? Without knowing the final details I'd say race had nothing to do with it.

No, it's pretty clearly a reaction to racist police stop & search practice. All the original riot areas: Tottenham, Enfield etc etc are predominantly black. It's poor youth-police relations. Why would you not loot and riot if the whole of society is stacked against you?

Are you sure that woman didn't just grab a Currys top while in there stealing stuff?

I'm still waiting for you to answer my question from the previous page btw.

Already answered, though probably a bit subtle for you. Understandable.

Here's a more detailed suggestion:

cars equipped with PA systems sent to affected areas, broadcasting a message from the bereaved asking everyone to stop fighting.

A message of peace; radical I know.

I'm willing to bet those cars would only end up being targets, but it's a nice idea.