NEurope
LegoMan1031

England Riots

There's a great quote from Battlestar Galactica about police and the army, which is really relevant, but can't remember it.

Cool story, bro.

Some absolute divvies on facebook laughing how funny it is, scum of the earth!!

Before I say this, I'd like to note that I do not condone violence, unless in the name of fighting oppressive forces or preventing harm, and even then only the minimum necessary force.

But to all of you talking about gas and dogs and guns and more cops and powers and cracking skulls....

be careful what you wish for, it might just come true.

Ah, I'm sorry, but why have we got these people in our country?

Decades ago, Enoch Powell warned of "Rivers of Blood" due to uncontrolled immigration. He was absolutely right, and yet was forever villified as a racist. Good job we've always had those liberals running the country for us. They know best...

I'm praying you're being sarcastic. If you genuinely believe the only people rioting are immigrants then you're completely deluded.

There's a great quote from Battlestar Galactica about police and the army, which is really relevant, but can't remember it.

EDIT: Commander William Adama: "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."

Commander William Adama: There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.

?

---

I've not followed these riots at all. What are they about?

Before I say this, I'd like to note that I do not condone violence, unless in the name of fighting oppressive forces or preventing harm, and even then only the minimum necessary force.

But to all of you talking about gas and dogs and guns and more cops and powers and cracking skulls....

be careful what you wish for, it might just come true.

I dont think it is be careful what you wish for at all. These people need to be stopped and deserve to have harsher measures used against them.

Yes, things could always escalate from there where they start using it against anyone but that doesnt mean action shouldnt be taken. These people are breaking the law and should be treated as such.

There's only one situation in which looting is acceptable, and I CAN'T SEE ANY FUCKING ZOMBIES.

Commander William Adama: There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.

?

---

I've not followed these riots at all. What are they about?

From what I heard, a guy tried to shoot a police officer and the police officer killed the man in self-defence and now they started this. Apparently, again from what I heard, it's a race thing because the guy who tried to shoot the police officer was black.

From what I heard, a guy tried to shoot a police officer and the police officer killed the man in self-defence and now they started this. Apparently, again from what I heard, it's a race thing because the guy who tried to shoot the police officer was black.

Thats what the original protest was about. The rioting just seems to be idiots destroying thing because its fun for them, the shooting was just an excuse.

Thats what the original protest was about. The rioting just seems to be idiots destroying thing because its fun for them, the shooting was just an excuse.

I'm sorry but that has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! This had nothing to do with what race they are! If someone shot at me, I'd defend myself too no matter what colour they are! Makes me sick how people play the race card!

I'm sorry but that has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! This had nothing to do with what race they are! If someone shot at me, I'd defend myself too no matter what colour they are! Makes me sick how people play the race card!

Did you quote me but mean to quote someone else? Otherwise im confused about where I mentioned race.

Rioting witnessed up in Liverpool now. This shit really is spreading..

Noooooooooooo!

The start of the football season is going to be delayed.

:weep:

So there's not even a real point? Ugh.

We should do everything that Goafer says. Who wants to start an N-E riot until Goafer is put in charge? We can loot Game, CEX and Gamestation.

I dont think it is be careful what you wish for at all. These people need to be stopped and deserve to have harsher measures used against them.

Yes, things could always escalate from there where they start using it against anyone but that doesnt mean action shouldnt be taken. These people are breaking the law and should be treated as such.

Yeah, maybe we should have more cops with guns, that would prevent this kind of thing. Oh wait did I say prevent? I meant cause!

Rioting witnessed up in Liverpool now. This shit really is spreading..

It's ok, I think they've sent some experts in to settle things.

Yeah, maybe we should have more cops with guns, that would prevent this kind of thing. Oh wait did I say prevent? I meant cause!

Yeah, because thats what I said. Oh look everyone its a female Mad Monkey.

The children's hospital rumours aren't true. People on Twitter have been debunking it, apparently the police got there before the looters and made it clear it was off limits. Can't believe the number of idiots in Brum that looted with bare faces. They'll be getting picked up in the coming days...

Apparently some Polish shopkeepers saw their shops being looted in Croydon. Five minutes later an eyewitness saw around 50 Poles running down the high street, armed with sticks, beating the snot out of any looters they caught. Not sure if it's true or not, but it's been mentioned by a few sources. To be honest, I like. Serves the idiots right.

I now have +1 respect for the Polish now.

Don't loot my GAME :(

Don't worry, i won't!!.

Yeah, because thats what I said. Oh look everyone its a female Mad Monkey.

Um.... no.

Also it's "it's".

Why do people keep saying "feds"?

That's annoying.

Also as my main man Tupac said, "I don't have to talk about whether or not I got raped in jail."

...I couldn't find a relevant quote.

And what would you prefer the police officer to do after the guy shot at him? Give him a stern talking to? Thank Christ the officer was armed.

Officers aren't armed by default, so I'm guessing that this was whatever special division is called to deal with armed suspects. The Police NEED an armed division, otherwise it would literally be like bringing a baton to a gun fight in the event of an armed suspect.

I'm genuinely curious now. How would you solve this riot? Bear in mind that it's far too late to say "well maybe if the officer wasn't armed in the first place" (we'll ignore the fact that if the stories are accurate, he acted in self defense and well within the law/common sense).

Did you quote me but mean to quote someone else? Otherwise im confused about where I mentioned race.

I meant that as an open statement, lol. Sorry for the confused wires. What I mean is that people are using the race thing as a reason to start these riots when it's not even a valid reason. Basically, if you shoot the police, the police are going to shoot you no matter what race you are, simples!

Yeah, because thats what I said.

Funny, that's not what I said either.

My point is that situations like these are often used to justify passing police powers that ultimately take away freedoms for everyone. I don't think looting is constructive and I hope things can be brought to a peaceful conclusion as swiftly as possible.

And who the fuck is Mad Monkey, and who the fuck is female?