Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

X-Men Mafia II Game Thread

Paj!

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So essentially a reverse tracker? Still; seeing who didn't get to your target is weird, unless it is literally finding who targets them. It just seems quite unorthodox. That's definitely your role?

I'd been suspicious of you before because I thought you were a regular tracker, and I will come out now to say that I am, in fact, a regular tracker. I was also going to list my targets and findings, but I want to make sure Ese is 100% sure about what he's saying first.

When I get to about 30 PMs I usually delete them just force of habit.

Anyway paj has got back to me and I'm right. I see whoever targets my target in the same night phase. With all this redirection apparently going on it looks like I have learnt jack so far.

Last night I targetted myself, my PM said heroic targetted me, or at least tried to. I don't know what else to tell you.

Well, I always get fed up when I try and hold onto information and then I die, plus I'm not worried about dying this game, so when I get a chance(probably when I get home), I'll go through and say what I did and what I found etc.

Right, I've tried to go over it and make sense of all the redirection:

In the nearby mess hall, there was a melee of sorts, though much of the combat was taking place on the astral plane. A girl is tricked into thinking her target is the woman using stolen mental abilities. A man circles overhead. Said mental abilities overpower an Asian woman in the room, whose own targets are no longer her own. The woman passing by is suddenly possessed, and changes her own course, green energy circling her as she runs. However, she trips over the diminutive figure clutching her dress, and when she tries to strike, she finds she can no longer call upon her abilities.

Here, it appears we have three different redirections: The girl is forced to target the ability-stealing woman (possibly by the man floating overhead), who in turn takes control of the Asian woman. A third female is possessed, possibly by the green light, though we can't be sure of that. The small figure seems to be roleblocking her.

The Asian woman is observed by a leather-clad woman, who leaves, satisfied. Walking back to her quarters, she bumps into a different Asian woman.

“Shit!†shouts the leather-clad woman, leaping out of the way before the Asian woman, suddenly armoured, strikes with a focused fist. “You tried this before, sweetie – you failed! Tell whoever’s in charge you won’t have any luck getting rid of me!†laughed the leather-clad woman. She ran through the hallways, pushing others out of the way, as her attacker gave swift chase.

The Asian woman from the previous paragraph is observed by the leather-clad woman, who is then attacked by Asian Woman 2.

The leather-clad woman really didn’t know how she was going to get out of this a second time. She could talk all she liked, but without a plan…

“AGH!†came a cry from behind her. She turned and saw that her attacker had slipped on a patch of ice.

“Seriously? Again?†she smirked. “Well that’s lucky..or..unlucky…depends on how you look at it.â€, and with that she made her escape through the laundry chute. Her attacker, in a furious rage, lifted herself from the floor and sent out a vicious psychic attack. However, having lost precisely where her prey was after slipping, the attack landed on the nearest person. Bad luck. His crystalline head exploded, and thousands of sparkling shards of ice rained down on his killer. His killer now looked different and once more wondered why she keeps finding herself in horrific situations with no memory of how she got there.

This paragraph suggest that the leather-clad woman was attacked before, possibly by Asian Woman 2. Asian Woman 2 is stopped by Iceman, but somehow her attack ends up hitting him.

The way it's described suggests that Iceman's power was to randomly redirect the power of whoever he targetted - or maybe Asian Woman 2's power can't be stopped and will smply bounce off to the nearest target or something, though I'm not sure how that would make sense. Also, it's worth noting that Iceman already seems to be roleblocking someone at the very beginning of this night's write-up. (I didn't include that bit here since it wasn't part of the whole redirection shebang.)

Finally, it would seem Asian Woman 2 is the one who has been made to kill previously, so that's four redirections I count in this write-up.

Why are you not worried of dying Rummy, because you're mafia?

Nice try........

I didn't read danny's last post/his before that post, but I think he's lying, and I'm gonna Vote:Dannyboy. I'm a tracker, and I targetted him both last night and the night before. I was going to say but Ese's whole re-direction thing confused me.

I didn't redirect anyone, nor could I have been redirected onto anyone.

What is going on at the moment, anyway? I find all this talk of who targetted whom and redirectors very confusing, especially since no one is saying what they know, but only asking questions.

Now, I took this to mean he didn't have a night power already, so I found it weird when I asked him what he did he chose to respond saying;

I'd rather not say at this point.

Why not say you don't have a night power? (I realise what Danny will try to counter this with, but he's good at mafia let's not forget). Also why say it only to, just a few posts later, reiterate the former;

I don't have any targets, because my power doesn't require targets.

Doesn't quite make sense. It's slim, I know, but something about everything isn't adding up. Given Ese's rather weak/non-explained reasoning of re-directions, and me tracking him two nights running and finding targets, I find him suspicious.

As I posted whilst at work earlier, I'm a tracker, here's my targets and results so far(which also means I know at least some people have SOMETHING, I find it highly strange nobody has come forward with anything this game excepting Ese/Murray). Also, despite what you will all say, I did answer the questions put to me.

Night 1 Target: Diageo ---> my target targetted Chairdriver and Tales

Night 2 Target: Dannyboy ---> my target targetted Chairdriver

Night 3 Target: Dannyboy ---> my target targetted mr-paul and Eevilmurray

There's plenty enough here that more people should get talking now. This game's so slow and empty.

(i'd imagine btw our two asian women to be psylocke possibly, and the one with the armour to be, shockingly, Armour?)

Rummy are you saying Danny had targets after claiming a targetless power?

... Will check the write up to see if it fits but (i can't remember if you mentioned them Rummy) Karma

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma_(comics)

Powers fit with the controlling mentioned 1st and 3rd night (though not explicitly shown in night 2) but I'm not sure if either of the asian women are controlling or just controlled.

Night 1 Target: Diageo ---> my target targetted Chairdriver and Tales

Night 2 Target: Dannyboy ---> my target targetted Chairdriver

Night 3 Target: Dannyboy ---> my target targetted mr-paul and Eevilmurray

This seems inconsistent. Danny targeted one person on night 2 and two people on night 3? I'm wary because of all the redirection going on, but we'll see if Danny can enlighten us.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!