NEurope
ReZourceman

"Alphas" TV Show

New SyFy show - no idea when it hits the UK and would like to know very much. Looks like it COULD be good.

alphas-syfy-480x640.jpg

Its a super hero thing or something. A powers thing rather.

You stalker me?! I know you stalker me.

I just downlow. 30 minat ago. You stalker me.

Heard good things about this. Parallels with Heroes are there, apparently, but from what I've heard this is what Heroes should have been after the first season so sounds like it's worth a look in.

Probably get round to watching it at some point.

I heard the first episode is so so. I'm hoping this won't suffer by drowning in popularity like Heroes did.

I'm convinced it will be good. You know why? The SRS faces.

I have very little faith in SyFy these days. I'm sure that if this show is good, it'll get canceled before we know it. :blank:

It has already been cancelled.

-------------

(^Joke)

Just watched it. Thought it was not too bad.

Anyone keep up with this?

I thought the first season was really well done. Currently on s02e07 and finding the feel isn't as good. Tone is a bit heavier and drawn out. I hate it when a new season of a show is half-spent on filling in the gaps between the s01 finale and the s02 first ep. Like, the status quo has been massively upturned and friends are now enemies, and it takes 4-6 episodes to just get on with it.

There's also this power-booster element which is giving me a whole umbrella of obvious implications yet to come. There's just not enough cool solutions thanks to abilities, and too much... slowness. First season was like a fruity wine from the new world while the next season is like... alcoholic gravy. Sounds really good but there's something just not right. So far, anyway.

Am I right in hearing that there's no s03, and no plans..?

According to Wikipedia, the show has been canceled and ended with an unresolved cliffhanger, so have fun with that. :p

I only watched the first episode and wasn't fond with it. I do find myself enjoying Warehouse 13 more and more each season, so perhaps try that (it's kind of in the same universe but isn't).

Anyone keep up with this?

I thought the first season was really well done. Currently on s02e07 and finding the feel isn't as good. Tone is a bit heavier and drawn out. I hate it when a new season of a show is half-spent on filling in the gaps between the s01 finale and the s02 first ep. Like, the status quo has been massively upturned and friends are now enemies, and it takes 4-6 episodes to just get on with it.

There's also this power-booster element which is giving me a whole umbrella of obvious implications yet to come. There's just not enough cool solutions thanks to abilities, and too much... slowness. First season was like a fruity wine from the new world while the next season is like... alcoholic gravy. Sounds really good but there's something just not right. So far, anyway.

I watched some of the first season on 5* or something, though still have bits and bobs to catch up on. Mostly saw the first few episodes and I actually kinda liked it(though could see the criticisms made by critics as being valid), it obviously wasn't enough to totally make me want to catch up properly either. I think I made attempts, and have procured it all, just haven't actually got round to watching it.

(for me was a mind blown moment when you realise the black guy is....yul brenner from cool runnings)

According to Wikipedia, the show has been canceled and ended with an unresolved cliffhanger, so have fun with that. :p

Yeaaaah well that's kind of the reason why I haven't been to the wiki page - to, y'know, avoid spoilers?

I really don't get people who are all "I won't spoil it, but..." so yeah. Thanks.

I mean, Lost has a controversial ending, however it didn't stop me enjoying the 7 seasons of shows as they were aired. Just by telling me the ending is lame you've now made the next 5 episodes lame. If I hadn't known that, then I'd watch the next 5 eps and just thing the last episode was lame.

An unresolved cliffhanger does not always make a show lame. The Sarah Connor Chronicles is still a brilliant show.