N-Europe

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Shorty

Don't get me wrong when I was younger I probably watched the first 300-400 episodes of One Piece more than once and enjoyed it repeatedly. The pacing was occasionally bad back then but not a total joke. It's the subsequent 600+ where its lost the plot lol. One Piece is tied together by awesome, emotional, gut-punching backstories and takes exciting leaps forward in the story where other series would just stew for a while. So when you spread those key moments out to be 10, 20, even 50 episodes apart, it loses all its rhythm.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Shorty said:

Don't get me wrong when I was younger I probably watched the first 300-400 episodes of One Piece more than once and enjoyed it repeatedly. The pacing was occasionally bad back then but not a total joke. It's the subsequent 600+ where its lost the plot lol. One Piece is tied together by awesome, emotional, gut-punching backstories and takes exciting leaps forward in the story where other series would just stew for a while. So when you spread those key moments out to be 10, 20, even 50 episodes apart, it loses all its rhythm.

I don't remember it getting bad until Fishman Island. Probably because they stopped doing fillers arcs, which everyone hated. At least you could skip them.

They've improved since Wano started though. They've increased the animation budged for action scenes which look great. You still get recap episodes every so often, but it's not too bad.