N-Europe

Our main man Peter Falk... gone...

EEVILMURRAY

Very sad news :(

I'm such a massive fan of Columbo. I've just gold hold the first few seasons, though it's probably going to feel a bit different watching them.

Columbo is, imo, one of the greatest TV shows ever made. It was a great change to the genré.. who would have thought that showing the murder at the beginning, and then having the detective solve something that the audience has already witnessed, would be enjoyable to watch? And the fact that you were still left amazed by how he'd solved the murder, even though you'd seen it happen.

It was a shame too, to learn a while back that he'd developed Alzheimers in his older age. Very cruel..

RIP Peter 'Columbo' Falk.

As I understood it, the poor guy had Alzheimers for a while, and he had forgotten most his roles in things like Columbo.

He was an enormously important feature of my childhood - my grandma loved Columbo, and later on when I was studying at Reading, the series was repeated and it was absolutely essential viewing for me and the housemates.

You will be remembered, Peter, and that's all any of us can hope for.

Rest in peace.

....but just one more thing...

It was as if someone had the same feelings as I, and snatched the first season of Columbo before I had a chance.

However checking Amazon for a price I saw there were 11 seasons, running approx a tenner each. Or a box set with them all for £55... But do I wait until payday?

There's 13 seasons :P

I knew that ¬_¬ Was just testing you.

But it seems everywhere mentions up to 10 "and special episodes"

Either way, there's a season 12 which looks weird on Amazon, but they may not have released 13, just like the later Fresh Prince seasons.