Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Twitter/Facebook campaign for Xenoblade

Detchibe

It's not like they really have to say why there are no plans to bring these games over: they don't expect it to be profitable. Although that implies to me, that they're probably not even considering to "borrow" NoE's translation - due to whatever stupid internal policy they have... :heh: It's really an interview question I would like Reggie to be asked. What's wrong with the European localization?

@Fused King, @LostOverThere

Let's stay realistic. NoA isn't bringing those games over, which means they're not convinced enough people will buy the games. Let's suppose all people, who now know about the games and would buy them otherwise, will from now on boycott Nintendo. NoA likely decided not to localize those games based on relatively realistic sales expectations. If these expectations are indeed so low, the people boycotting NoA would be like a drop in the ocean (maybe more like a bucket in a large pond, but still).

That's not even factoring in what I keep repeating and what has been shown in the past: game boycotts don't work. Games are simply luxury, not some basic human right. When people see things they want, they will get them. Very few people are ever hurt enough by the lack of some luxury to voluntarily pass on another luxury they could have.

The good news is: If Americans don't just torrent those games, NoE might find themselves selling a few copies more than expected. ;)

That's not even factoring in what I keep repeating and what has been shown in the past: game boycotts don't work. Games are simply luxury, not some basic human right. When people see things they want, they will get them. Very few people are ever hurt enough by the lack of some luxury to voluntarily pass on another luxury they could have.

Yeah, I agree with you there.

There is no chance in hell people won't buy something like an HD Zelda in order to make a statement about an 'incident' a couple of years back:laughing:

Still, I dislike this sort of effect caused by the monetary system. :(

@D_prOdigy

Is that a Mario Kart Track zoomed out from above?

• 4 weeks later...