N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Meanwhile, Dalglish said it was "scandalous" that some Fulham fans had chanted "cheat" at Suarez during the match in London."

Made me chuckle.

He's becoming Fergie mk II. Spouts crap about/to the media, but they love him.

Fair play to Fulham's crowd, Suarez is a cheat and deserves to be heckled.

Edited by Ramar

I ask anyone to find me video evidence of Suárez diving, and i'll have no problem in saying it then. It's just totally untrue that Suárez is a diver, it's Ferguson shitting himself because he knows he tears them apart everytime he plays against them and he's trying to unsettle him.

People fail to mention he gets fouled alot, way too much because of his brilliant agility and change of pace. He's foreign and he's still learning what is frowned upon and what isn't.

I ask anyone to find me video evidence of Suárez diving, and i'll have no problem in saying it then. It's just totally untrue that Suárez is a diver, it's Ferguson shitting himself because he knows he tears them apart everytime he plays against them and he's trying to unsettle him.

People fail to mention he gets fouled alot, way too much because of his brilliant agility and change of pace. He's foreign and he's still learning what is frowned upon and what isn't.

He's unequivocally a diving muppet. If you can't see that you're frankly delusional (harsh but true). I don't even understand how you can argue otherwise.

Coincidentally, I had a haircut yesterday by a lifelong liverpool season ticket holder, and he was expressing his disgust at how often Suarez dives to the floor from the faintest touch.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/mark-lawrenson/Mark-Lawrenson-column-Luis-Suarez-s-diving-is-wrecking-his-Liverpool-reputation-article817509.html

People assume he has dived everytime he goes to ground. It's disgusting. The commentators are always saying things like 'Suárez on the floor again' or 'He's been known to dive'. Things to that effect, when it's complete and utter bullshit.

The media are a disgrace to English football. Everytime a good foreign player plays in this country, they are slated in the press for the rest of their playing careers. Suárez doesn't deserve 99% of the rubbish he gets, and i'll defend him for as long as possible, as he's a rare type of player. Nobody plays with as much enthusiasm and passion as he does.

Suarez is the most despicable player in the league since Reyes (maybe even worse) - what he did at the world cup was only a prologue to a litany of cultish behaviour in the premier league - I hate him with a passion and think he's so over rated. Hard working, moments of magic but nowhere near reductive enough, has anyone seen his stats for shots, shots on target and goals? I'll save your google search and tell you his is the worst BY FAR!!! He's a diver, he cries for every single decision going, which you could (feebly) argue it's a fighting winning mentality) but he has no shame whatsoever. He literally makes me sick when he see him play. The fact he looks like a goofy rat doesn't help matters!

He doesn't dive! :p

I've gave my opinion on the World Cup handball. That's like calling Jay Spearing a cheater for getting sent off. He handballed it, doesn't matter where on the pitch or what game it was, and he got sent off, so he got his punishment, what's to talk about?

Suarez is the most despicable player in the league since Reyes (maybe even worse) - what he did at the world cup was only a prologue to a litany of cultish behaviour in the premier league - I hate him with a passion and think he's so over rated. Hard working, moments of magic but nowhere near reductive enough, has anyone seen his stats for shots, shots on target and goals? I'll save your google search and tell you his is the worst BY FAR!!! He's a diver, he cries for every single decision going, which you could (feebly) argue it's a fighting winning mentality) but he has no shame whatsoever. He literally makes me sick when he see him play. The fact he looks like a goofy rat doesn't help matters!

This post is crammed full of so much shit it's funny.

His career stats, or his stats since he played for Liverpool?

You sound like one of FIFA loving kids on Xbox Live who rates players on their goalscoring records rather than what they give the team and disregard assists and his general play.

When he is fouled, he's obviously going to want a free kick.

Why should he be ashamed of asking for a free kick he deserves?

It's not as simple as that though is it with regards to a handball, yes he got his punishments but it doesn't justify it, that's like saying someone two foots someone shin, breaks their leg; but they get sent off so that's fine!!!

And he doesn't just fight for free kicks, he fights for everything, moans about everything, he's the most unsportsmen sport person I've seen, probably for ever, he's vile.

And I'm sorry but I do think he is vastly over rated. What's he got for you this season, 4 goals? How many assist as he got? You're right stats don't matter, but for strikers they're pretty important - how many goals how many assists, they're not foolproof but they're good guides to productivity.

I like his battling mentality, I like when he really dribbles with the ball and doesn't look for a foul at ANY contact, I like his wonder goals; but on the whole VASTLY OVER RATED!

He doesn't dive! :p

I've gave my opinion on the World Cup handball. That's like calling Jay Spearing a cheater for getting sent off. He handballed it, doesn't matter where on the pitch or what game it was, and he got sent off, so he got his punishment, what's to talk about?

It does matter than he blocked a legitimate goal though!

The fact you can't accept he dives is appalling MadDog. I can clearly accept that Drogba went through a diving phase.

It's not as simple as that though is it with regards to a handball, yes he got his punishments but it doesn't justify it, that's like saying someone two foots someone shin, breaks their leg; but they get sent off so that's fine!!!

And he doesn't just fight for free kicks, he fights for everything, moans about everything, he's the most unsportsmen sport person I've seen, probably for ever, he's vile.

And I'm sorry but I do think he is vastly over rated. What's he got for you this season, 4 goals? How many assist as he got? You're right stats don't matter, but for strikers they're pretty important - how many goals how many assists, they're not foolproof but they're good guides to productivity.

I like his battling mentality, I like when he really dribbles with the ball and doesn't look for a foul at ANY contact, I like his wonder goals; but on the whole VASTLY OVER RATED!

This is the guy who said it doesn't matter that Modric doesn't get assists and goals but he's still amazing because he's mighty important to us. Why can't it be the same for us and Suárez?

He's got 11 goals in 29 matches. Not sure how many assists. I'd say about 10. He scored something like 111 in 159 for Ajax. That's impressive for someone who hasn't even been playing for a year in this country.

It does matter than he blocked a legitimate goal though!

The fact you can't accept he dives is appalling MadDog. I can clearly accept that Drogba went through a diving phase.

When? Tell me when he has dived.

There's tons of attention around him, youtube should be swimming in suárez diving videos. Please find me one. :)

I think it'll also be down to your own definition of diving. For me Suarez goes down a lot after feeling any slight touch looming for the foul (something I do hate) but with diving I've always seen that as going down with no contact at all.

As for the handball incident, yes it's obviously cheating but it's something that I couldn't say I wouldn't have done myself in the same circumstances. Plus I'm sure it was done this season by someone else not too long ago and nobody went on and on about it.

This is the guy who said it doesn't matter that Modric doesn't get assists and goals but he's still amazing because he's mighty important to us. Why can't it be the same for us and Suárez?

He's got 11 goals in 29 matches. Not sure how many assists. I'd say about 10. He scored something like 111 in 159 for Ajax. That's impressive for someone who hasn't even been playing for a year in this country.

Huh, modric is a midfield play, Suarez is a striker (or off the striker), completely different. Modric keeps possession and dictates the tempo of the game and unleashes our attacking threats of Bale, Lennon, VDV, Defie and Adebayor.

Let's look at Adebayor shall we. 11 games - 7 goals, 7 assists.

In fact Suarez can't compete with VDV or Defoe for stats this season.

It isn't just this, like I said, but it is important. Suarez doesn't dictate you team or matches (rarely anyway). And Liverpool are average, so if he does that also shows his ability at this. Spurs are absolute immense this season and Modric is a huge factor in that. (not that I would compare the two myself, but you have, so...)

Wouldn't it be weird if rather than having a referee on the pitch, and replaced him with hundreds of cameras looking at every aspect of the game. And all decisions made by the giant laser display screen.

What would the players do when fouled, or ruled offside etc? Where would they go? Who would they look at?

Huh, modric is a midfield play, Suarez is a striker (or off the striker), completely different. Modric keeps possession and dictates the tempo of the game and unleashes our attacking threats of Bale, Lennon, VDV, Defie and Adebayor.

Let's look at Adebayor shall we. 11 games - 7 goals, 7 assists.

In fact Suarez can't compete with VDV or Defoe for stats this season.

It isn't just this, like I said, but it is important. Suarez doesn't dictate you team or matches (rarely anyway). And Liverpool are average, so if he does that also shows his ability at this. Spurs are absolute immense this season and Modric is a huge factor in that. (not that I would compare the two myself, but you have, so...)

You're not saying Defoe and Adebayor are better strikers than Suárez are you? Because you're so wrong if you are.

He keeps our attack going, and is central in everything we do going forward.

I wasn't comparing them. I was pointing out that stats don't tell the whole story, and you seemed to agree with that when it was about one of your players.

I can't wait to see Liverpool finish above Spurs at the end of the season, which we will. You're very close to a slump, you'll see.