Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

What a game. My heart can't take that!!

Rio and Evra were poor. I think Rio is past it you know and I think he knows it. Nani has a big impact there and saved us. Need to sort out our Defending. Been playing well but we do look shakey at the back and despite beating Arsenal and Chelski we could have easily conceded shed loads.

As for Tevez. Lulz. What is he doing? unreal really.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game. My heart can't take that!!

Rio and Evra were poor. I think Rio is past it you know and I think he knows it. Nani has a big impact there and saved us. Need to sort out our Defending. Been playing well but we do look shakey at the back and despite beating Arsenal and Chelski we could have easily conceded shed loads.

As for Tevez. Lulz. What is he doing? unreal really.

Evra is great going forward, but I'm noticing more and more he can be can be caught out positionally. Maybe he needs to spend a few games just defending, and letting Young take care of that left hand side.

Rio is losing/has lost his pace. You can see that he's getting slower each year. If its against a team without pacey forwards, he can be fine. Great in the air. But, along the ground, he can be beaten.

Also, that right back position is STILL not sorted. The twins seem to pick up injuries really quickly, Valencia is played out of position there (but puts the effort in, so good job to him). The only player that seems to want it there is Smalling. He's probably been our best right back this season.

Totally agree. Also, if he had no intention of playing, he should have given up his bench spot for somebody else. Give them a chance.

He's a stroppy little gobshite, though. Moaned like a bitch when at United, despite football being a squad and team game. It's a shame because he's a great player, but attitude wise...he's a complete prick.

Aye. Not to mention the fans who have spent hundreds of pounds to get to Germany and watch the game. The guy just seems to do what he pleases, wouldn't surprise me if Mancini was out before him.

Some things from the beeb in the press conference.

2212: More from Mancini on Tevez: "Can you imagine a Bayern Munich, Milan or Man Utd player doing this?" And on Edin Dzeko, who reacted angrily after being brought off: "He had a poor game. In terms of being unhappy, it should be me, not him. This is the last time with me a player will do this."

2210: Doesn't look like we will be seeing Carlos Tevez in a Manchester City shirt again then...

2209: Roberto Mancini on Carlos Tevez after the Argentine refused to come off the bench tonight: "He's finished with me, with me he's finished."

I don't think Mancini will be long term at City anyway. Seems like a decent guy, but I don't think he's the "star manager" they're looking for. Not sure who they'll replace him with.

The Tevez thing isn't down to him. He's lost his love with Manchester and just wants out. The best they can do is trade him in for another player, but the asking price is going to be a huge, huge problem, like it was in the summer. Who in their right minds would pay £30million+ for a player who refuses to play for his current team. It's unprofessional. There were talks of him going to Italy, which seemed fucking bizarre considering he was hu-hu-huing about going back to Argentina.

Some credit should go to Bayern today, shame Tevez spitting his dummy out has over shadowed their performance. Ribery played exceptionally well!

Yep, as I said a few weeks ago, they're definitely one of the top contenders for the title. Their defence let them down last year, this year so far they've given up 1 goal in their past 11 games.

Some credit should go to Bayern today, shame Tevez spitting his dummy out has over shadowed their performance. Ribery played exceptionally well!

Yeah, they're a good team. Looking at their squad on paper, they've got some excellent players. Wouldn't so no to Muller or Schweinsteiger at United! They're not invincible, or as seemingly unbeatable as a team like Barcelona, but I can see them making the semis or even the final. If there's a team other than Barcelona that can win the Champions League, then there's not really a reason why it can't be Bayern.

They've always been a good side, throughout the years.

:heh:

That's a good first leg result. But, it was really only the first half. So, they were still unbeatable. :heh:

I think all this Tevez none sense is just enough to save face for United's near embarrassment against Basel.

Yeah, it's a bit mad. But, fuck it, at least our players came on and did their jobs. There's more unity at United than there will be at City for a long, long time. Even Nani, who has had his moments, knows that its a team game now and comes on to do a job. Didn't start the game, but came on to provide an assist for the equaliser. All without acting like a stroppy little tart.

It's takes the focus off of us for one night at least :heh:

I'm cautiously optimistic about tomorrow, hopefully being at home will be enough to overcome some of the injuries we've picked up.

I must admit, I'm a little concerned with injuries we're picking up before the weekend. I'm sure the players coming in will give enough tomorrow night, how ever the North London Derby is a different kettle of fish. And we've picked up 3 important injuries this week in Gervinho, Koscielny and Walcott.

Tevez is still in a Man City shirt because City want top dosh to sell him on. 200k a week is alright if you can pick up 50m for him when he leaves. Of course, he's being an idiot because if he doesn't play then he'll garner less interest/lose form. His value will go down and surely nobody will offer to match his wages.

Tevez is still in a Man City shirt because City want top dosh to sell him on. 200k a week is alright if you can pick up 50m for him when he leaves. Of course, he's being an idiot because if he doesn't play then he'll garner less interest/lose form. His value will go down and surely nobody will offer to match his wages.

Who's going to want him now? Trouble follows him everywhere, probably on PSG could afford his wages.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!