N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

Being on a shit run doesn't stop you getting behind your team. If anything, our support has been loads better this year because we've had a horrendous start.

At United, the more we let in, the louder we got. Bolton's fans yesterday sat there and done nothing the whole game.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've had just about the hardest possible start to the season. It's ridiculous, they've basically played all the top 6 already.

Yeah, it's a tough fixture list for them. They've got Chelsea at home next, too. At least they won't have to go to Anfield or the Emirates later in the season. :heh:

I can see them picking up points after that. Wigan away, Sunderland at home, Swansea away, Stoke at home, Brom away and Everton at home. Those are all winnable games. Not easy, especially the away games, but I can see Bolton getting some from all of them.

You know what pisses me off about football?

The refs are so fussy about keepers staying on their line during a penalty, sooo bothered about offside even when it's a few inches... but whenever either side gets a free kick or a throw-in, it's totally fine for them to move the ball/walk up the pitch as far as possible. Why is this so allowed, and how hard is it for people to just... put the ball down and kick it where the foul occurred. How many times does moving it a foot or two make a real difference?

It's a minor thing, it just bothered me a lot during school break-time games :P

You know what pisses me off about football?

The refs are so fussy about keepers staying on their line during a penalty, sooo bothered about offside even when it's a few inches... but whenever either side gets a free kick or a throw-in, it's totally fine for them to move the ball/walk up the pitch as far as possible. Why is this so allowed, and how hard is it for people to just... put the ball down and kick it where the foul occurred. How many times does moving it a foot or two make a real difference?

It's a minor thing, it just bothered me a lot during school break-time games :P

We lost our match at 5-a-sides last week by a late goal scored from a free kick that was taken 15 yards further on than where it should have been.

It still hurts :heh:

I didn't even include that one, Torres has scored 3?

Which goal did you include because that's the only one he's scored this season.

Top five scorers

Player LG FA LC EU OTH TOT

Suarez 3 0 1 0 0 4

Adam 1 0 0 0 0 1

Bellamy 0 0 1 0 0 1

Carroll 0 0 1 0 0 1

Henderson 1 0 0 0 0 1

Source:BBC

Well...fuuuuck. Must have been an amazing game for a neutral. But, defensively we were awful tonight. Worse than awful. :hmm:

Unforgivable throwing a 2-0 lead away. I was ecstatic with Young's goal and Nani's cross which assisted it. But, we should have buried the game when it was 2-0. That's what happens when you don't kill games off.

Basle were awesome tonight. Probably just as bad as we were defensively, but they weren't afraid to attack.

Also, I'm hearing stuff about Carlos Tevez refusing to come on in the second half in the City game. He was told to warm up and come on as a sub and just said no. Hahahaa. Fuck.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

That's the thing with Man Utd, if you take the game to them, you can win/draw, Liverpool did it last season and only a few other teams did as well. Chelsea did it this season, they just couldn't score, bless them.

If you sit back and try and defend they will of course rip you apart. I hope more teams saw this game and realised how poor they were defensively.

Money can buy you all the players in the world but it can't buy team spirit and togetherness and a will to win for each other. Dzeko sulked like a little girl when taking off and Tevez refused to come one. If I was a City fan i'd be livid with the little twat, at no level of football do you refuse to come on, let alone in the biggest European match the clubs has had in a long, long time. Not forgetting the £200,000 a week he's picking up.

I think Rio would rather be at home twattering these days.:p

Agree with you, to be honest. :heh:

He probably realises that his place is up for grabs. Smalling and Jones are a lot faster than he is, so I imagine he'll play less games this year than he's used to. Still love him as a player, but he didn't control that defence tonight.

Delighted that Danny Welbeck got two goals, though. Big positive from tonight.

Surely in players contracts it says they have to play when told to, I'm pretty sure they have grounds to fine him however many weeks wages if this is true.

I think the maximum you can fine is 2 weeks wages, I imagine he won't play again for them mind.

EDIT: Ferdy is getting ripped apart on twitter, makes enjoyable reading :)

http://twitter.com/#!/search/%40rioferdy5

Edited by James

Money can buy you all the players in the world but it can't buy team spirit and togetherness and a will to win for each other. Dzeko sulked like a little girl when taking off and Tevez refused to come one. If I was a City fan i'd be livid with the little twat, at no level of football do you refuse to come on, let alone in the biggest European match the clubs has had in a long, long time. Not forgetting the £200,000 a week he's picking up.

Totally agree. Also, if he had no intention of playing, he should have given up his bench spot for somebody else. Give them a chance.

He's a stroppy little gobshite, though. Moaned like a bitch when at United, despite football being a squad and team game. It's a shame because he's a great player, but attitude wise...he's a complete prick.