NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

I think that this:

You really do love over hyping your lot.

and this:

Playing against Johnson is different to playing against Stam and Wigan.

He's going to tear you a new one. It's obvious.

go well together.

--

re. BBC Sport website.

The yellow makes me want to be sick. I'm all for change on big, popular websites (ie. Facbeook) but I don't like the new BBC Sport. The headlines in the middle just look squashed in there.

Edited by Charlie

I hate the new look too.

13907855.jpg

In other news, Wilshere suffers stress fracture in right foot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16845841

Horrible, horrible scenes, at least 73 dead.

EDIT: 0-0 full time score, if there is 1 serious criticism after that, it's just wasteful finishing, could easily have won on another day. As usual Arsenal sit back the last 10-15 minutes and nearly lose the game.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Fair result I thought, should have had a penalty, but we rode our luck early on and were saved by Arsenal's woeful finishing.

Good point for us.

Well, the game against Blackburn wasn't exactly a stellar performance but we got the job done without them ever really threatening for a goal - aside from the penalty but even that was taken quite badly indeed. It was very nice to see Obertan get his first goal as well, the guy has looked like he's needed a confidence boost.

So this means we're 5th for the time being! :D

If the table stays like this until the end of the season, I will be quite happy indeed. It's nice to thing we might even challenge for 4th, but realistically, there's about as much chance of that happening as there is Spurs winning the league (though that's not to say none at all)

@Ramar name the three please. :)

Off the top of my head, no particular order. Evra, Cole, Baines, possibly even Clichy at a [big] push.

Off the top of my head, no particular order. Evra, Cole, Baines, possibly even Clichy at a [big] push.

You just can't say Ekotto can you :) Even though he's easily up there. COle hasn't had a great season and Clichy? Are you joking? I quite like Baines, but again; not top 3. All opinions though I guess!!

Another good set of results midweek. Chelsea V MAn U means more points dropped somewhere and hopefully we'll walk al over Liverpool at Anfield like we did last season!

Nah I haven't got time for the Hair Bear Bunch and his stupid two different boots.

You just can't say Ekotto can you :) Even though he's easily up there. COle hasn't had a great season and Clichy? Are you joking? I quite like Baines, but again; not top 3. All opinions though I guess!!

Unbelievably i agree with you. :D

lol.

I think most sensible Man United fans will say that Evra isn't that good. Cole has been totally average for years. Baines only seems great because of how important he to Everton. Put him in a better team and he'd stand out much less.

Enrique is the best all round left back. He can do everything.

Except use his right foot when playing against Man Utd?...

Except use his right foot when playing against Man Utd?...

So because of one mistake, he immediately lowers his overall ability.

That would make Wenger shite, which he obviously isn't.

Except I didn't type "he can do everything" whilst talking about Mr Wenger.

Unbelievably i agree with you. :D

lol.

I think most sensible Man United fans will say that Evra isn't that good. Cole has been totally average for years. Baines only seems great because of how important he to Everton. Put him in a better team and he'd stand out much less.

Other then when blinded by pure love of tottenham hotspur, I can speak sense occasionally. I've always said the 3 E's are the best left backs currently (though I would have Evra there).

Nah I haven't got time for the Hair Bear Bunch and his stupid two different boots.

Aw, I like his hair! His boots on the other hand... He says he doesn't like wasting shoes, but i think he's trying a bit too hard to be "quirky". Great player though!

Gerrard has to be the next England captain. I can't think of anyone who deserves it more than him.

I like CMs as captains, means they are in the match all the time. If you're attacking alot and all over a shit team, the defenders will hardly get near the ball. GKs are even worse.

Scott Parker appears to be a popular mention but he's not established enough in the first 11. I can't think of a single player who'd be a great captain who is a guaranteed pick if everyone's fit. Without Terry, You've maybe only got Rooney, Cole and Hart who are guaranteed to be in the starting eleven. You could say Gerrard or Lampard but they might not play with Parker and Wilshere fit, you can't play them all.

Scott Parker appears to be a popular mention but he's not established enough in the first 11. I can't think of a single player who'd be a great captain who is a guaranteed pick if everyone's fit. Without Terry, You've maybe only got Rooney, Cole and Hart who are guaranteed to be in the starting eleven. You could say Gerrard or Lampard but they might not play with Parker and Wilshere fit, you can't play them all.

Imo, we should be playing Parker, Wilshere and Gerrard in a 3 man midfield. Parker would give those 2 the licence to do what they do best. I think with those in midfield, we could actually do quite good at the Euros.

Interesting, van Persie could be rested against Blackburn and Theo Walcott could be leading the lines instead. If he wants to move to the striker role he'll have to take the chance if he gets it.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I actually started a new game on Football Manager earlier as Arsenal, and Walcott's natural position is a striker according to them. Found that weird.