NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

J7t4y1S.jpg

"Pic of the day. Where am I……?? To be clear, the new Super Smash Bros. games do not feature a story mode like The Subspace Emissary."

No it's better, well I hope they have some equivalent. That image is etched in my mind but I can't figure it out. I remember constantly restarting but don't know why. The start was critical, get it wrong and back you go. Speed was crucial. That's 3DS I presume. There were enemies, especially that one just in the other side of the ravine, it's a wreck the head.

Edited by Wii

No it's better, well I hope they have some equivalent. That image is etched in my mind but I can't figure it out. I remember constantly restarting but don't know why. The start was critical, get it wrong and back you go. Speed was crucial. That's 3DS I presume. There were enemies, especially that one just in the other side of the ravine, it's a wreck the head.

I dunno if it was just me but...

...what?

The vines in that image to me very much remind me of elements from the Metroid series - Metroid Prime in particular but could be Super Metroid also - but other than that I'm stumped. :hmm:

Todays pic

I2pGQsK.jpg
"Pic of the day. This is the Luma Shot, which highlights the different ways to control your Luma. You can switch between controlling the Luma alongside Rosalina or away from her."

Edited by -Dem0-

When does everyone think this is likely to drop? I'm hoping for an early Summer release, maybe around June time.

When does everyone think this is likely to drop? I'm hoping for an early Summer release, maybe around June time.
I still think this is going to be released a lot sooner than most people are expecting. So yeah, wouldn't be at all surprised if it was out around June, or even earlier. :)

I'm thinking September.

What they need to do though is make it June for Wii U, September for 3DS. Give the Wii U some breathing room so it can sell the console, and then profit :p

Q3 for me. I think they'll use a few more Nintendo Directs and one more E3 Press Conference to fuel up the hype train.

Also character-wise we're still missing almost half the roster.

I'm thinking September.

What they need to do though is make it June for Wii U, September for 3DS. Give the Wii U some breathing room so it can sell the console, and then profit :p

I actually like the idea of the staggered release. It will give the Wii U a nice timed exclusive.

June would be perfect. The World Cup, E3, Smash and my birthday. What a month it would be. :D

I actually like the idea of the staggered release. It will give the Wii U a nice timed exclusive.

June would be perfect. The World Cup, E3, Smash and my birthday. What a month it would be. :D

Plus, I don't have enough arms to cover both at once for my site :p That's part of why I want it staggered

One epic final trailer at E3.

Trailer ends.

Iwata says:

'Available for Download now on WiiU and 3DS and at Retail tomorrow.'

Imo Smash NEEDS to be a summer release(may/june), but I definitely think the idea of a staggered release with Wii U taking early preference is a good one. Ensure it's a bloody universal release this time as well! I wish it could be earlier than June, more like march/april time but I just don't think that's likely tbh.

Imo Smash NEEDS to be a summer release(may/june), but I definitely think the idea of a staggered release with Wii U taking early preference is a good one. Ensure it's a bloody universal release this time as well! I wish it could be earlier than June, more like march/april time but I just don't think that's likely tbh.

I forgot about the delay from the US to EU. Dunno how I did that, considering I imported it and got a freeloader. :D Yeah, none of that pants again!

I have a Japanese Wii U so that's not an issue for me :D

Now we just it to launch in the US first and then the rest of the world to follow. :laughing:

Now we just it to launch in the US first and then the rest of the world to follow. :laughing:

That'd frustrate me so much :(

I forgot about the delay from the US to EU. Dunno how I did that, considering I imported it and got a freeloader. :D Yeah, none of that pants again!

I had to do the same, I remember having to step over in the porch as I headed to uni for the final bits of work on my final year grad project...difficult times! The dojo had got me so hyped for it all! Was totally glorious though, had many a good session with JonDedede and Marcamillian. In addition on UK launch taking part in a little day tournament at a Gamestation(obviously having had the practise). Somewhat ironically that was also the day my degree results got put up, which I obviously went to look at AFTER the tournament :D

Also I don't think we knew it at the time, but I believe I was in the semi-finals of my bracket with Deathjam! I cheaped out on Ike, agaisnt two Links and a Lucas who owned us all righteously! Ahhhhh, the good times Brawl gave us, so many good times.

Pic Of The Day

zlCfzRaG_FEBZb6Zop

"There are many changes being made to attack and defense options for grabbing edges. In this picture, Link is actually trumping Mario's grab."

"Some other changes include: - Air time and accumulated damage will determine your period of invincibility while hanging on an edge. - Grab controls will no longer be affected by whether you have above or below 100% damage."

Edited by -Dem0-

RUMOR - Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS off-screen pics show Palutena as playable

CpC9YOh.jpg

OFjZtxK.jpg

You know how this goes...real or fake? The debate is raging on right now as I post this. I'm sure it'll all be cleared up by the time morning hits. As of right now, here's what seems to have been deduced.

- The Mario seen above is not from any previous screen

- The Palutena model is not from Kid Icarus: Uprising

- The background is 100% original

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=220879

She is plausible even if this turns out to be fake.

I like the sound of those grab changes, Edgehoggers always piss me off :hehe:

Palutena is a blatant (but well made) fake. She's missing the thick, translucent black outline...

And besides, we all know that Magnus was basically made to be 2nd KI character slot Smash Bros fodder anyway. If any KIU character gets in, it'll be him (Palutena doesn't have any semblance of a moveset either - she's much more likely to be an assist trophy along with the other Gods/Godesses)

I hope they sort out the edge game in this game. The problem with Brawl is that it was so easy to recover and the game was so floaty, and as a result it took ages to actually kill anyone. They basically got rid of the concept of edge guarding which made no sense give the concept of smash is about knocking people OFF the level and stopping them from getting back on.

Hope they find a good balance...Glad to see Link's recovery will be better :)

That is big news :eek: I wonder how Link beat Mario grabbing the edge

Interesting indeed! Is it just a case of who reaches/is closest first?

Agreed on the fake for Dcubed's apt observation about the outline, either that or it's a possible assist trophy.

I hope they sort out the edge game in this game. The problem with Brawl is that it was so easy to recover and the game was so floaty, and as a result it took ages to actually kill anyone. They basically got rid of the concept of edge guarding which made no sense give the concept of smash is about knocking people OFF the level and stopping them from getting back on.

Hope they find a good balance...Glad to see Link's recovery will be better :)

In melee you could attack/down smash folks off the edge right? Never understood why they basically made edgers invincible in Brawl. One of the few things I found could suck the momentum out of a little skirmish.

Interesting indeed! Is it just a case of who reaches/is closest first?

Agreed on the fake for Dcubed's apt observation about the outline, either that or it's a possible assist trophy.

In melee you could attack/down smash folks off the edge right? Never understood why they basically made edgers invincible in Brawl. One of the few things I found could suck the momentum out of a little skirmish.

Yeah you could.

The biggest difference for me is that in Brawl you automatically grabbed the edge EVERY single time, even if you mistiming your recovery move, and it got priority over someone on the edge to boot. In melee if you mistimed it you got punished, or if someone was on the edge you could use it early to try and get above them.

Man, the melee edge guarding game was absolutely amazing now I think about. Pretty much perfect.