NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Darksiders 2

This looks awesome. So much more excited about this than Skyward Sword. Loved the first game and sure this can bring so much more to the table.

This is looking boss. I've ordered the first game this week so looking forward to getting in to the series over the weekend :)

Doesn't look graphically superior to the 360 version, but then again I was planning to buy the Wii U version, but if the Wii U takes the piss in coming out... Then I'm investing in non-Nintendo copies.

I finally played Darksiders last week and it kind of felt exactly like an inferior Western take on Zelda. Well, the combat was more God of War/Devil May Cry, I guess. But the rest of the game was like someone had poured brown paint over Zelda.

The best part of the game was when I was in the last temple and wondering what Zelda item they would steal next, and I got... the Portal gun. That was hilarious.

It was still pretty fun, though, so I may check out the sequel. :p

I finally played Darksiders last week and it kind of felt exactly like an inferior Western take on Zelda. Well, the combat was more God of War/Devil May Cry, I guess. But the rest of the game was like someone had poured brown paint over Zelda.

The best part of the game was when I was in the last temple and wondering what Zelda item they would steal next, and I got... the Portal gun. That was hilarious.

It was still pretty fun, though, so I may check out the sequel. :p

Exactly what I thought when I played it here in the spring. I will get the sequel at some time.

I loved the original. I thought story was great and the dungeons were fantastic. I got more enjoyment out of this than both Twilight Princess and *shudder* Skyward Sword.

It was certainly a mash up of God of War and Zelda and a very successful one at that, in my eyes at least. The sequel is supposed to be MUCH bigger, with some saying the campaign can take around 30 hours first time though.

Bring it on!

But the rest of the game was like someone had poured brown paint over Zelda.

Mmmm, yes, Darksiders wasn't colourful at all.

Hmm, fair enough. Now that you mention it, I do remember some colorful and pretty areas in the game. It was more of a 'general impression' kind of thing.

Let's say it was like someone had poured blood over Zelda instead!

Haven't really been paying much attention to the media for this, not because I'm not hyped but more because that's how I went into the first one and I thought it was brilliant. The right mixture of Zelda and God of War and a good art direction. Certainly enjoyed it more than most of the recent Zelda titles. Actually wouldn't mind giving it another go before this comes out but thinking of picking up Enslaved on the cheap as a tide over instead.

But yeah, really looking forward to this one. Does sound as though they're making it bigger and better in every way.

Am I right in thinking that for the most part, the story for this takes place in that time period between the war between the angels and demons starting and when War is finally released from being incarcerated?

I enjoyed the first but I didn't think it was amazing.

Not really looked into this at all and I have no idea on the story...

I'm sure I will be picking this up at some point though.

Wow this has crept out of no where definitely a most anticipated game will have to wait and see what it's like and likely wait till it's cheaper.

IGN have reviewed this... Overall score is 7.5 with the headline 'Bigger isn't always better'

Read it for yourself here.

For some reason, my Steam Copy of the game unlocked a little early so was able to get quite acquainted with this game and I can see it is going to be biiiiig and alot of fun.

Thing is, after playing and completing the wonderful PC version of Sleeping Dogs, I wondered how bad ports can be and tried out the PC version of GTAIV yesterday and found it to be severly lacking in certain departments. After playing Darksiders 2, I can safely say it too was not built with the PC in mind. There are threads posting problems on the Steam and THQ forums but to just detail a few problems:

• In game V-Sync option does not work and enabling it for AMD graphic cards in catalyst control center proves useless too which leads to....
  • Excessive screen tearing because of no V-Sync
  • Game requires you to actually start playing it before you can access options
  • Graphics options are barebones - screen resolution, gamma and the non working v-sync is all that is available
  • Poor shadows
  • Jaggies, jaggies everywhere - little to none anti-aliasing which again can't be forced through Catalyst Control Center as it renders textures invisible
  • Low res textures

And there are a few more problems BUT most do not detract from how fun the game is. For PC though, a controller is a must and the game is a bad port of the console version but Vigil seem to be working on it so hopefully, with patches, the game gets only better.

All these issues make me really wonder how Dark Souls will turn out...

EDIT: Despite all these problems, so far I would say that IGN review is full of crap, but I am only at the start of the game and love DS1 so I am a little biased :P

Sunk about 15 hours over the weekend into it. Whilst my initial thoughts over the first couple of hours were fantastic, they have now devolved into 'meh' as the monotony of the endless fucking fetch quests sets in.

I heard the PS3 version is really glitchy so I might hold off until it is patched.

I'm still waiting of my copy to arrive. I ordered the special edition from Amazon but have to wait til the 23rd for it to ship. :(

How big is this game. Because if the area you start in is just an area and there are more to follow, then damn this game is massive.

This game is very glitchy with sounds cutting out, cant make attack hits and random crashes. What were Vigil thinking making that World 2.5 area like that!

So far I've not encountered any bugs and it's running real smooth.

BUT I'm playing on Apocalyptic and, anyone else noticed, it's piss easy.